Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Just plain (salted) peanuts for me - the ones in the cellophane tube that can usually be found in convenience stores. Sometimes I'll switch to other nuts, and if I'm touring in Hawaii my first choice is macademia nuts.

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

I'll take potato chips anyday, anytime. Lay's, Ruffles, Old Dutch...anything but the baked. Evil thread. Gotta run and wipe up the drool!

Crunchy Cheetos! Bright orange - not a color in nature - and fried to a crispy crunch. No possible way to make these healthy yet they are so decadently delicious! I do NOT have a sweet tooth - but a salty one, yes! I allow myself cheetos only if I've ridden enough miles in a week to qualify. Gotta be close to 200 miles or I haven't earned the treat. Anyone going on RAGBRAI this year watch out for Team Chee-toe. (That'll by 3 friends and me - totally self-supported and cheeto powered. )

annie
    Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." Captain Jean Luc Picard

I like sunflower seeds. I cheat and get them already shelled. Popcorn is always good. We have a Whirly-pop - makes the best popcorn in the world - then top it with popcorn salt.

I HAVE to have chocolate as a chaser if I eat something salty. Lise - you might like Hershey's Take a5 candy bar. It's pretzel, caramel, peanut buttery stuff all coated in chocolate. They kind of grow on you.

Vegemite and cheese sandwiches are good, especially toasted. I know some of you might not agree with me on this one, but Road Raven will back me up.

I'm quite partial to chips (or even rice crackers) and dip.

My very favourite salty snack is barbeque flavoured Arnott's Shapes.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

From my Farrier Science school days- Ruffles and cottage cheese.

From now- Chex Mix, that sweet breakfast mix.
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Quote Originally Posted by fishdr
    Lise - you might like Hershey's Take a5 candy bar. It's pretzel, caramel, peanut buttery stuff all coated in chocolate. They kind of grow on you.
    Oh, BABY do I love Take5 bars! Last weekend I spend driving from DC to Virginia for my "baby" cousin's wedding (he's 34 ). My soon-to-be sister-in-law (STBSIL) and my sister and I rode in one car. At a rest stop we were cruising snacks, modestly and prudently buying animal crackers. Then my sister spotted a Take5 bar. Our STBSIL had never tried it. We bought one and split it three ways. STBSIL got the last bite because we both like her so much. They are FABulous. Only way to improve on it would be to make the chocolate daaaark!
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Lise
    Oh, BABY do I love Take5 bars! Last weekend I spend driving from DC to Virginia for my "baby" cousin's wedding (he's 34 ). My soon-to-be sister-in-law (STBSIL) and my sister and I rode in one car. At a rest stop we were cruising snacks, modestly and prudently buying animal crackers. Then my sister spotted a Take5 bar. Our STBSIL had never tried it. We bought one and split it three ways. STBSIL got the last bite because we both like her so much. They are FABulous. Only way to improve on it would be to make the chocolate daaaark!
    Ooh yummy - dark chocolate. I bought a bag of the snack size Take5's for my candy jar at work. Yes, I have a candy jar - I'm bad. Anyhoo - I hesitate to say it, but the contents of the bag never made it to the candy jar. Over the last month, I've been eating them. I somehow feel less guilty because there's a pretzel in there.

Glad to hear you like your STBSIL

I am such a salt-craver. So much that it's a problem. But I've recently discovered something thanks to a coworker... did you know that rice cakes are now not only EDIBLE but incredibly TASTY??

Man, I couldn't believe it! But Quaker makes these little mini-rice cakes that come in all kinds of flavor like white chedder, caramel corn, and they are sooooo good! I'm sure they're not as healthy as the old styrofoam-esque rice cakes, but they're better for me than potato chips, or at least thats what it feels like as I'm chowing down on them!

KimmyT

You have to try GeniSoy Soy Crisps Cheddar. One serving of 17 crisps is only 100 calories!! (the size of mini rice cakes, very similar) They have 14 grams of carbs and _7_ grams of protein!! 2 grams of fat. 2 grams of fiber.

They are _really_ good.

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Munchos, which are quasi-potato chips, I believe baked, but FULL of salt. I have been known to salt potato chips, by the way. I would be best served by simply having a salt lick in the backyard, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike
    I would be best served by simply having a salt lick in the backyard, I think.
    Seriously. But those deer can be kind of territorial. And they have hooves. L.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Maybe you could get a pretty chunk of salt and use it as a decoration on your coffee table. You could just bite a chunk off when you get the desire...

Trader Joe's Chili Powdered dried mango. There's just enough salt in the chili powder....mmmmmm.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Cheesy/peanut butter cracker thingys. Come in a six pack. Funky orange color. When I'm sick of all the sweet gu's and powerbars, these are the only things I can stomach.