Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Portland Bike Fit locations?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Any suggestions on where to get a profesional bike fit in the Portland, OR area? I'm going to do an online search - but would love to get BTDT feedback if possible.

Thanks again!

I had mine done at the Bike Gallery (downtown location) by Stephanie when I bought my bike there. I've been very happy with my fit, and it was nice talking to a woman. I mean, there are many good male fitters out there but when you're discussing saddle fit and women's specific issues it can be nice to talk to someone who understands.

I've also heard very good things about the fitters over at River City Bicycles.

I had Stephanie at Bike Gallery, too! She spent lots of time with me, and it has made a huge difference.

Although I didn't buy my bike at either place, I have always had great interactions with the women at the Bike Gallery and at River City. I could happily flush the men down the toilet at either place, though...

My bike came from Veloce Bicycles, and my brother tells me the owner Demetri is a top-notch fitter. What I cannot say is if he is equally good with women. I'm very happy with my bike, but it is a Breezer and so not the same as something higher performing. I interact with him and the other guy who works there just fine.

If you type the store name into Google, you can find his website and there is a link to a magazine article about his fittings. Way too technical for me, but it might be helpful for you.

Gateway Bicycles

I had really good luck with Keith at Gateway. He and Jonathan are both really good. I didn't buy my bike there, but Keith took the time to ask me lots of questions about how I ride, how much I ride, what parts were hurting, and adjust everything, even the cleats on my shoes! And he didn't try to sell me things I didn't need, which I appreciated. Everyone I know who cycles cannot say enough good things about them.
    "It's a fine line between hobby and mental illness."

Thumbs up

We've decided to go to Veloce, and have our appointments bright & shinny tomorrow morning. Much as I'd like to work w/ a female, we have a personal boycott of Bike Gallery, won't give them any of our $$.

Thanks for all the suggestions ~ I'll let you know how this goes.

Demetri was Wonderful! Such a friendly person, we felt right at home. Which was good, because we spent a large part of the day in the shop

Both of our bikes were too small - I'm now on the bike DH bought last August, Tirreno Raza 1.0 It fits me perfectly. I love the change in my geometry, and how it makes it near impossible for my shoulders to bunch up toward my ears. Got my shoes adjusted - needed a larger size, Performance let me trade back and they were on sale so I got an extra $20 back. DH had to buy a new bike to fit him, I won't even describe how sexy that ride is

I'm now 90% happy and fit ~ I need to find a new saddle, this one just isn't working down under. I sat on the Fi'zi:k - but I need a cutout for the tailbone, so that didn't work. Time to shop, leaning toward Speacialized at the moment - just need to find them locally.

sorry no idea but good luck!

Bike Fit in PDX?

I am surprised no one has mentioned Michael Sylvestor. He can be found here:
    http://www.bicyclefittingservices.com/

He has a yoga background and is very easy to talk to. He certainly will help you out.

RC

www.herriottsportsperformance.com
    Russell Cree, DPT, CSCS
    Herriott Sports Performance
    www.herriottsportsperformance.com
    Russell@HerriottSportsPerformance.com

Bike fit by Physical Therapist!

Go to Rachel Gross or another Physical Therapist at OHSU for a great bike fit. I used to work with Rachel and she helped alleviate some knee pain by making a few minor adjustments.

Demetri's new location in NW Portland

Demetri who started Veloce bikes on Hawthorne has sold it and started a bike fitting only shop:

Europa Velo
    1836 NW Overton St.
    Portland, OR.
    503-367-1357

http://www.europavelo.org/2011/Coming-Soon.html

He is fitting me pre-purchase for $50 on February 16th.

John

I went to the Beaverton Bike Gallery and had Rambo fit me. Took 1.5 hours and cost around $100. We ended up moving my seat up and way back. I ended up buying a shorter handlebar stem and on my ride home noticed a vast improvement.

Good luck.

I miss Portland!

Just saying!

I found the bike shops there to be very cool!

We did our business at mostly at Bike-N-Hike in Hillsboro. Coleman was alway great to work with and I was pretty satisfied with the repair department too. They let me come in for little tweeks on my bike whenever and never charged me, they always said it was part of their service. I thought it was cool!
    Life is like a 10 speed bike, we all have gears we never use.
    Charles Schultz

"The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community."Ann Strong, Minneapolis Tribune, 1895

Oooh! so glad google'ing 'best bike fitter portland or' landed me on a te forum! I just emailed Europa Velo, which appears to now be in NE PDX. My bike has been all wrong after I put it back together myself when I moved here. Will try to remember to report back on the fitting... I can only do Saturdays, so I assume it will take a while before I get an appointment.

OMG he is awesome! Note, he is indeed now in NE at Couch and 6th.
    I cannot believe I've been riding on my bike the way it was for so long. Apparently my 51cm Specialized Ruby Comp was/is way too small. We made some rather large adjustments and now I should be good. I am also wearing shoes which are too small (vanity, you know...), so once I get bigger shoes we are going to re-position things a bit again. I am very excited. I've had bike fits elsewhere, and this one was outstanding. If you are in portland, you must see Demetri at Europavelo