Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Definitely not a cultural thing. And it would have been equally gross if it were the son, only then it would perhaps also have been more dangerous. It's not just that he's old that makes it gross, it's the abuse of power. Maybe not physical strength as power in this instance, but the "power" he gained from Fuji girl's politeness. Yukk! And here you'd been respectful to him all this time. The total breach of trust and respect makes it even more revolting, because it makes it so much harder to be civilized to the next neighbour who moves in. Good luck getting over this. Hope it doesn't ruin neighborliness for you.
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    You're probably not the only one. There'll be some other woman in the new building. I hope she calls security. It is unacceptable. If he was a 20-somthing guy, would that behavior be okay? No way.

Fuji, I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. That is _not_ a cultural thing. I'm korean (was actually born there) and what he did was not normal, though there are some dirty old guys there.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :/

Mel

I'd be icing down my knuckles today...gross, just plain gross

karen
    Quitting is NOT an option!
    Know the signs of stroke!! www.stroke.org

Hi Fujigirl,

That is EWWWW! Very yucky, and icky indeed.

I'm Chinese like you, and understand how we're brought up to respect our elders, and when that man betrayed your trust and respect for him, that's VERY BAD. I imagine the Korean and Chinese cultures are very similar in that respect, so he knew what he was doing, and that was taking advantage of you.

If you see him again, you tell him straight to keep away from you, and you tell him that if he doesn't you'll tell the doorman to call the police in front of his wife and son. He'll probably try to excuse and shrug off his behaviour and say that you're overreacting, but the potential loss of face, should stop him from pestering you.

Take care,

e

Despite his age, he would have understood a forcefully, strategically placed knee.

Better make sure he is moving and if he isn't, let security handle it. I'm sure they don't want that kind of behavior ruining their reputation and experience for others.

Dear fujigirl,

I am so sorry that man took advantage of your respect for him. Even though he's moving out of your building, it seems to me you said he'd still be in the neighborhood. When offended, I have often tried to pretend nothing happened. I imagine this man counts on you not causing him to lose face. He certainly didn't seem worried about his own loss of dignity. I second what everyone else has said about telling the police in front of his wife/son. Best wishes, L.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Fuji girl, I am sorry you had to go thru that, I was reading and thought the same thing that pkq stated, a well placed knee might have been my first instinct along with a nice spit to get that taste out of your mouth. Hopefully you will never encounter him again. Cultural or not, I don't agree with what he tried to do..May your paths never cross again..shellyj

ewwwwwwwwwwwww

Want me to come kick his butt? I'll wear my bike shoes.

Sorry you had to experience that. Not that this is anywhere near your experience, but I once had an old guy in a nursing home ask me to "come sit on his finger"

"Only the meek get pinched, the bold survive"

Forget kicking he's *** with bike shoes! How about a pair of ice skates?
    I had a boss who used to cause all these problems on purpose and stand back to watch what would happen. Once he grabbed my breast and went "Now what are you gonna do?" I didn't do or say anyting cause I didn't want to loose my job. God I wish I had just kicked him where the sun don't shine! Luckly we all stopped working for him and started our own company. Now he is a lonely old man. I guess there is justice out there.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

[QUOTE=BrandiI had a boss who used to cause all these problems on purpose and stand back to watch what would happen. Once he grabbed my breast and went "Now what are you gonna do?" I didn't do or say anyting cause I didn't want to loose my job. God I wish I had just kicked him where the sun don't shine! Luckly we all stopped working for him and started our own company. Now he is a lonely old man. I guess there is justice out there.[/QUOTE]

Geez, I guess he's never heard of sexual harassment lawsuits. You could have sued the #### out of him, Brandi, but it probably wouldn't have been worth it. I'm a believer in karma and what goes around comes around, and from what you say, looks like he's getting his just desserts.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly