Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Well I am sure trying!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am a newbie here, and love the posts! I am 5'7''. creeping up on 50, and trying to stay under 250. I started riding again recently and am up to 23 miles this week. I figure if someone doesn't like the view, go around me! Keep up the great work!
    It's all about the journey (my reason for riding slower)

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Good for YOU, Shubie!!
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

An excellent attitude. Happy Riding.
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by ShubieGA
    I am a newbie here, and love the posts! I am 5'7''. creeping up on 50, and trying to stay under 250. I started riding again recently and am up to 23 miles this week. I figure if someone doesn't like the view, go around me! Keep up the great work!
    Sounds like you're doing the right thing to keep it down, and take it further down! Way to go!

“Hey, clearly failure doesn’t deter me!”

I'm new to the forum and kind of new to cycling. I'm 27 and desperately trying to stay in shape and shed some pounds. I just got a Giant OCR3 and am loving it. My husband and I are riding in the Paws and Puddles ride in Galveston, TX tomorrow. Any newbie tips?

Hi, Meaux--Re: Newbie tips--just read these forums--they're loaded with tips. Also, check out the articles on the TE site--lots of info there. Hope you're having fun on your ride!

My neighbor's been checking out the Giant OCR line, and she's on the verge of getting one herself. Rockin' bikes!
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress

I LOVE my Giant. It's a really great bike. Our first "big ride" today went well. I'm feeling inspired. Thanks for the help. It's great to find a forum with people like me.

Meaux, I have an OCR3, too. We should figure out something really cool for OCR to stand for! Have fun with your new friend, and ride safe.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by latelatebloomer
    Meaux, I have an OCR3, too. We should figure out something really cool for OCR to stand for!
    How about "Obsessive-Compulsive Riding"?
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa S.H.
    How about "Obsessive-Compulsive Riding"?
    PERFECT!!!!

~Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I like it! The best I could come up with so far was "Only Courageous Riding!"

Thanks for such a great thread, ladies! I am 27, trying to stay ahead of the grim possibility of pre-diabetes, and started riding seriously again about 2 weeks ago, after a 3 year hiatus. This thread has been such a great boost!

Sometimes I, too, get down on myself when the svelte athletes on their road bikes whiz around me without so much as an "on your left!," but it's good to remember to do what we can. Like other posters have said, we don't start out riding centuries. We need to work up to it!

I ride 10 miles each way to work, and on days when the ride is hard, I just remember my little mantra: "if you need to, stay in a low gear and do what you can. You don't have to rush."

Thanks again, ladies! I <3 this board!

Kitsune06 Guest
    *nod* There's a sort of zen to riding, commuting, and antiinternal combustion mobility. It's the "I'll plan ahead so I have time if I need it, but no rush." or if you're out for just a spin "I'll get there when I get there. In the mean time, if I really need to, I can stop and rest, but... sitting and coasting is almost like resting..."

I wish more people understood it.