Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

El Tour de Tucson

To disable ads, please log-in.

Any Zonies done this ride? I may fly out to do it with family in November, but can't find much info on the web site. Any info on the course, food, and number of participants?

Hi aka_kim and welcome!

I've done 4 El Tour rides and they are by far the best, biggest and most fun century ride I have ever done! I can't say enough good about my experiences, if you get a chance to do one you won't regret it!

Here is a link to El Tour info;

http://www.pbaa.com/Home.html

I hope it helps, feel free to email me with any questions.

Kate
    Life is like a 10 speed bike, we all have gears we never use.
    Charles Schultz

"The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community."Ann Strong, Minneapolis Tribune, 1895

There are approximately 6,000 riders in El Tour and they ride everything from 111 miles to 25 miles. There are different starting points & everybody ends up at the same place. The sag support is terrific, with lots of volunteer organizations (Boy/Girl scouts, etc) setting up sag spots. I've heard that there is an underlying competition among sag supporters about who has the best food. There are also numerous "professional" sag stations where they can handle problems.

The weather is usually 45 degrees at the start and 75 degrees at the end. The cops hold back all traffic for you. People from all walks of life come out & cheer you on.

The interesting thing is - most riders come from out of town. There is a "designated" hotel (the Marriott) where the day before it is covered with cyclists adjusting their bikes, doing quick rides and generally swapping lies. And marveling about our beautiful Tucson weather.

I highly recommend it!
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid