Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1133 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 1336331033108311231129113011311132113311341135113611371143 ... LastLast
Results 16,981 to 16,995 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    We hope to be past the crazy neighbor soon. But she's doing what she can on the way out.

We have a restraining order. She can not be within 20' of us nor out property. Yet as we were selling our condo she consistently trundled down stairs and bothered as far as we know nearly every buyer and their agent telling them what in her view is wrong with our unit. As far as we know she was inside our unit that we have a restraining order on her for.

She was bad enough that several of the realtors contacted our management company and asked "WTF??!! Who is this lady, why is she here, she says she's on the board or head of the board and is any of this true?"

We have an offer who understands "there's always one nut in the tree". But if that keeps us from selling I will unleash hell on the HOA. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IPzpaD4UOE

Good news is our buyer knows we have an all new board. The flaky, incompetent and sometimes fraudulent one we had before has been replaced. One of the board members, a lawyer, is determined to at minimum get nutty neighbor supervised but would really like to get her committed.
    hence the continuing reasons i'll use her as a crazy neighbor example

But I'm looking out my window, there's a hummingbird who's discovered our feeder. I can see the river and forests the doggie and I walked by this morning and that soon I'll ride to work along. Say what you wish about real estate in this city but I breath a sigh of relief on every ride and walk. We deserve this after two years of sheer hell.
    yes….THIS

‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Tis why I like having a farm in semi-rural setting of 10 acres. Although... you still can't get away from the crazies. Its just little harder to cross path with them. rolling coal pkup with huge confederate flags flying in the back. And occasionally trying to deliberately force you off the road just because I drive a Prius. I guess they don't know their geography. We is in Pacific Northwest buckwheat!!

Some of them at least get the ultimate prize of Darwin award. Its a shame really.

Well Trek, I hope it soon will be just a nightmare with the looney/crazy neighbor and you get to sell your place. Life is too short to deal with self hating angry person.

Quote Originally Posted by smilingcat View Post
    Well Trek, I hope it soon will be just a nightmare with the looney/crazy neighbor and you get to sell your place. Life is too short to deal with self hating angry person.
    Thanks all. Our long national nightmare is over. We will be closing in less than 2 weeks. She could not prevent our sale, we got a great offer.

Now we'll be getting a tandem bike and a kayak because we f'ing deserve it. Knott wants to get this: http://hasebikes.com/95-1-Tandem-PINO-ALLROUND.html

Can't wait to post pictures as we get them.
    Last edited by Trek420; 04-15-2016 at 07:26 AM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I need to check this thread more often; I have too many things to say. Confederate flags in Oregon?? The Maryland legislature considered making coal rolling illegal but then decided that it's okay after all. To me it's just a dumb waste of money for the sake of being mean.

And sometimes you do have to keep reminding yourself that you can't explain insane -- your own actions really don't matter, the crazy person will just find ways to be crazy. I'm glad it almost in your rear-view mirror with a good road ahead, Trek.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

That is awesome news! You deserve the toys.
    DH is now on the phone on his first job interview. It would be perfect for him... this just proves we really need that barn door to arrive for our sunroom, as there is no place to go and shut the door in our new place, except the bedrooms. Our desks are in a small loft that overlook the entire bottom floor.
    Now I just need to sell my house. It's been 2 weeks, we've had lots of traffic and we've lowered the price as much as we can. Considering most houses in my town cost 1-2 million, this is a deal.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Congrats Trek and Knott!!

Electra Townie 7D

Woohoo Trek! Congrats to you and Knott, enjoy the new toys! Crankin, fingers crossed for you and your DH.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Congratulations! Whooohooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Now I just need to sell my house. It's been 2 weeks, we've had lots of traffic and we've lowered the price as much as we can. Considering most houses in my town cost 1-2 million, this is a deal.
    Any bites? Will lowering the price send the wrong signal or gain interest? Who can understand the market.

We bought at 160. Our realtor said we should list at 225. "You're mad!" we said "Too high" we said. We sold for 300 and she's paying cash. It's crazy.

At our new digs the condos in front by the river go for half a million. Same for our building top floor. We're in back, ground floor with no river view hence we could afford this. But guess what? 15-25 yards walks from the door we're on the river. I call it my quarter million dollar dog walk.

"By hun, taking the recycling and the dog out. Saving us a bundle. See ya"

My plan is put the bulk of the gains to this one to pay it down and get the mortgage still lower.
    Last edited by Trek420; 04-15-2016 at 08:56 AM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

My plan is put the bulk of the gains to this one to pay it down and get the mortgage still lower.
    I was just looking at my latest mortgage statement and thinking that I need to look into this. For some years now I've been putting all my cash into much-needed renovations. But within a year or so, as I finish the major work, I want to try to pay off more of the mortgage.

And kudos on that quarter million dog walk. Reminds me of my parents' house up on a hill in a beach town. No stunning view, unless you look out one window during the winter when there are no leaves on the trees when you can kinda sorta see the water. But a short walk around the corner and boom there it is. Of course if the current governor gets his way it will all be replaced by highway ramps and a giant expensive bridge, but that's a gripe for another day...

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Trek, although the market is very hot here, our house is a contemporary, which automatically eliminates at least 3/4 of the buyers. People in MA are adverse to anything modern on the outside, although they like all the bells and whistles on the inside. Lowering the price does not send a bad message... it is aimed at buyers who will not go above a certain price point, and it's certainly not cheap! It might pull in people who live in neighboring towns, who specifically want to move to Concord. My house has all the bells and whistles inside, although the layout is somewhat different. It's also on a hill, in the woods. But, spectacular views and a community pond. So, if someone is looking at it, they are at least open to a contemporary. We just have to find the right person out of that smaller market. We have had quite a few private showings, in addition to 3 open houses. There is someone coming this weekend who lives in a community west of here, is from my town, and is familiar with the neighborhood. So, this sounds hopeful.
    People here are generally extremely picky, which makes me laugh. In the past 25 years, we've seen homes where the garage door fell off when we opened it, DH fell through the back steps (like foot through the wood), unflushed toilets, ironing boards with clothes hanging on them in the family room, etc. People seem to not be able to see their own vision of a house, which DH and I have no issue doing. I find they focus on things they don't like, that are often easily changed.
    Well, it's only been 3 weeks and it took us 6 weeks to sell our last house, in a very hot market.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Sorry to hear that your neighbor never calmed down and is now making selling difficult as well, Trek. I'm so happy that where I bought at the coast has been a good experience so far. My neighbors are mostly part time, only a few full time live on my road. No one bugs us but all that go by always wave or stop to chat. I'm so glad I bought this place and changed my future in this way. I know your new place will be exactly what you are looking for in every way. Good luck!! Congrats.
    Oh, that's gonna bruise...
    Only the suppressed word is dangerous. ~Ludwig Börne

Yikes Trek, hopefully all will pass soon.

I outsmarted myself today - parked 1.33 miles from work at my gym. Walked to work. Walked back to my gym for a class after work. Left my keys in the office but didn't catch it until I arrived at my gym and looked for my little tag to swipe in. Walked back to work then back to NIFS. The moral of the story is if you park your car that far from your destination, make sure you check for your keys before heading back to the car in >80 temps when we just had freezing temps last week...

It's also interesting just how much harder 5 miles on pavement is on me than 5 miles on dirt. Not moving so well tonight, between knee and hip, but I will take it. The sunshine was glorious!
    Last edited by Catrin; 04-18-2016 at 03:05 PM.

My allergies are making me feel awful. I am trying, trying, trying not to overdo anything, without stopping outdoor activity. Woke up feeling gross, so the idea of being out the door for a group ride went, well, out the door. Will ride later with DH. Two cups of coffee later, I feel better, so I am going to hang out, do some Passover cooking/errands and try to enjoy the day.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Feel for you, Crankin, hope the allergies pass quickly. But hey, if you're staying home and making yummy Passover food, I can be there in a few hours.

Electra Townie 7D