Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1135 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 1356351035108511251131113211331134113511361137113811391145 ... LastLast
Results 17,011 to 17,025 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

At some point, about now, flannel sheets make me itch, but never in the winter. Doesn't make sense but there it is. One thing I noted about the sateen weave sheets last night was that they didn't feel cold on my skin, just smooth and soft. I might try a higher count for my next pair.

I've been seeing Jersey sheets for sale. Are they as warm as flannel or...?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T537A using Tapatalk

I've had jersey sheets, years ago. They're as soft as flannel, not as warm in summer, but they're a huge PITA to wash, dry and fold. It's whether you feel the comfort is worth the maintenance as compared to other fabrics, I think.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

The folding part, who cares? Now that I store my sheets in pull out baskets on rollers, under my bed, they get smashed in there, and that's it. I hate folding sheets! DH can do it perfectly, but folding a fitted sheet seems like an act of torture to me. And wrinkles? Again, no one is going to see it, so I just don't care. Of course, I am the person who would rather take something to the dry cleaner than have to iron...
    Oak, my grandmother did not have a dryer in her home. In the winter, she hung the clothes on lines, all strung around the basement. She had to go outside to access the basement, what a pain! I hated sleeping over her house, because when she did the laundry would be all stiff and itchy from being hung out to dry on the line or in the basement.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Folding fitted sheets is easy.

1. Match all the corners.

2. Roll into a ball and put in linen closet or basket.

I like your style Snapdragen!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    Folding fitted sheets is easy.

1. Match all the corners.

2. Roll into a ball and put in linen closet or basket.

"My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

As I get older, I'm becoming more lazy. Fitted sheet it is. Years ago, I would carefully fold the corners of flat sheet and tuck it in neatly so that it didn't have any wrinkles. Must be my engineer side.

One of my cats have an allergy to down feathers. She insists on sleeping on my king size down pillow when its reasonably warm or under my down comforter in the winter. Poor thing has constant runny eyes. But I guess she prefers the soft pillow for her bed. I guess its a body pillow to her. She let me rest my head on a corner of the king size pillow. What I do for my kitties.

Ha! Yeah, folding is the least of it (though my OCD self is much happier since I learned the technique for folding fitted sheets that involves tucking each corner into the last ). It's more that, you know how T-shirts act in the washer and dryer, well imagine a T-shirt the size of a queen sized fitted sheet. In the washer it turns into a sodden lump, gets imbalanced and I'm lucky if it doesn't pop the door and spill water all over the floor. In the dryer, if I'm using it, you have to open it up and shake the sheets out at least every 10-15 minutes, or they'll still be sodden lumps at the end of an hour.

You know, now that you say this, I know I am not crazy for continually asking my cleaning people to not roll the sheets up in a ball to bring them down to the washer. No matter how much I shake them out, they never dry! I never in my life rolled my sheets up when I took them off of the bed. I know this is a first world issue, but I thought I was nuts over this
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Yup, washing bedlinens (or clothes) without a dryer. We've never had one, but have always had a rack of damp something hanging around :-D Now we have a house big enough that it's not in the way, but it's still nice when spring rolls around and we can dry stuff outdoors.
    Most people do have dryers, I guess, I just never really felt the need. But we do have a large drying cabinet that we use occasionally if we have clothes that are soaked.
    When I grew up it was usual to see communal drying racks outside apartment buildings, usually with a tall wire fence around and gated.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    but it's still nice when spring rolls around and we can dry stuff outdoors.
    That is making me miss the old family house near Gordes and the summer lavender scented line dried sheets (the reason I like a lavender sachet bedside now)….and an old Godin wood stove in the laundry room for warm ones in the winter! We always hung/rack/line dried as I was growing up in France. Still do for some of my clothes.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccaC View Post
    That is making me miss the old family house near Gordes and the summer lavender scented line dried sheets (the reason I like a lavender sachet bedside now)….and an old Godin wood stove in the laundry room for warm ones in the winter! We always hung/rack/line dried as I was growing up in France. Still do for some of my clothes.
    I love Gordes and that whole area! What a wonderful place to grow up.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike View Post
    I love Gordes and that whole area! What a wonderful place to grow up.
    Mostly in the Grenoble area (Lycee years in Paris with one year in a Quebec girls school cuz i was kinda wild ) but we would spend summer and winter vacations in the Gordes home…it’s been in my fathers family since the 18th century…..and yeah it’s a wonderful area!!! I luv staying there and bicycling now!
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

I stayed in Gordes for 2 nights last June. It was a wonderful area.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    the laundry would be all stiff and itchy from being hung out to dry
    It wasn't until I started moving between a home with very hard water, and a home with very soft water, and hanging my wash to dry at both, that it occurred to me how those types of water got their names! I've never looked it up, but it seems an obvious guess.