Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 992 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 492892942982988989990991992993994995996100210421092 ... LastLast
Results 14,866 to 14,880 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike View Post
    You are living in my home town! Hope you have warm winter clothing...
    Yes, I made sure it made the trip, although I'll need to make a Boscov's run or two.
    I'll have furniture tomorrow afternoon!
    Now, I need to try out my new shoes

OK, I bit the bullet and joined a gym, after 2 years of doing all my other exercise besides outdoor stuff at home.
    I went to a "body bar and ball" class this AM.
    Oy. It is exactly what i want, but I had to concentrate on not fainting. I kept thinking, "if you can climb 18% grades and ride for 65 miles, you can do this." It was a combo of weights, push ups, sit ups, stuff with bands, and more weights on the ball. A couple of balance things I definitely need to work up to.
    Twice a week of this should get me in shape quite quickly. I hope I can ride tomorrow. In fact, I hope I'll be able to walk.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Oy. It is exactly what i want, but I had to concentrate on not fainting. I kept thinking, "if you can climb 18% grades and ride for 65 miles, you can do this." It was a combo of weights, push ups, sit ups, stuff with bands, and more weights on the ball. A couple of balance things I definitely need to work up to.
    Twice a week of this should get me in shape quite quickly. I hope I can ride tomorrow. In fact, I hope I'll be able to walk.
    I'm always surprised at that stuff too. Be sure to report in!
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Really hurt when I got up, not as bad now. It's all in my biceps, triceps, and chest, and a little in my hamstrings.
    I am going to go out for a slow 16 mile ride in about an hour. It's kind of cold and cloudy, but I can't stand the thought of going to the gym 2 days in a row!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

happy dance

I've lost exactly 10kgs

The 16 mile ride was painful.
    Today's class was even worse. Thankfully, the instructor was a sub. I kept saying to myself, "Don't faint, you'll be in the police log." I was not exactly able to do planks, both forward and side lying, after 3,000 triceps/biceps sets, and push ups on the step.
    Am I that weak? None of the other people in there look particularly strong. Well, at least I did better than the very out of shape looking person. And the instructor was in my face, giving corrections, when everyone else had terrible form. I am just too aware of what I would have done, when I was teaching. At one point, I told her to shut up, but she didn't (thankfully) hear me. I was just crazed with pain and agony.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

At one point, I told her to shut up, but she didn't (thankfully) hear me.
    Did that to a spin instructor who wouldn't shut up - giving correction after correction after correction. Not fun.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

well , speaking of hometown, I got a notice from the Rensselaer County board of elections. Now I have to figure out who to vote for. found a regular time to write, so thing are settling down

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    I've lost exactly 10kgs
    Congratulations!!!
    Beth

OK, I didn't feel like fainting at the gym this morning.
    But, it was still hard as hell.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Sounds about right.

Taking a copy of the keys to the property manager. I don't know how I'll get the condo staged and ready for its close up since I've got broncopneumonia but I think can do it.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Ugh Trek, feel better and rest as much as you can.

WTG CC! That's a milestone for sure.

Crankin, I literally felt like fainting for about four miles of Sunday's half. Starting to get the beginning of tunnel vision, wondering whether I should stop, the whole deal. Too much breakfast, I'm pretty sure. Stupid rookie mistake - the bowl I've used to pack breakfast for prior races was dirty, so I used a bowl of a different size and shape, and misjudged the amount I put in it.

The trick is knowing when you're actually going to faint and when it just feels like it!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

not fainting at the gym

time to start worrying about your sanity when you start looking forward to it.

congrats on perservering.

marni
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Not sure if I look forward to it, but I have noticed how much my attitude has changed toward the types of exercise I do. Before I started cycling, about 11 years ago, I did all of my exercise at the gym, save for some walking. Now, I see people there, walking on the treadmill, and I think, why don't you just go outside? The group of women who are there in the very early AM, like me, in the strength class, go every AM, and do spin on some of the days. It's still nice enough for riding! Yesterday, when the instructor was a little late, I said to one, gee, if she doesn't show up, I'll be pissed, I could have gone on a ride. Maybe I am weird for riding in the dark at 5:30 AM, in the cold, but I'd rather do that for 12 miles than be cooped up inside. Of course, when the snow flies, or it's raining I will do spin, but I'll also be outside x country skiing/snow shoeing.
    I just want my body to stay strong and try to stave off the effects of aging.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

... Of course, when the snow flies, or it's raining I will do spin, but I'll also be outside x country skiing/snow shoeing.
    I just want my body to stay strong and try to stave off the effects of aging.
    You are my hero...well everyone here is I need to ramp my exercise back up. I've not been able to ride much during the week recently and I can tell the difference. I have been strength training at least twice a week, and went to a couple of spinning classes when the weather was bad or my schedule didn't allow me to ride outside...but I can tell the difference in how my clothes fit and the scales slowly creeping up a bit.

I will take up hiking this winter, and if we get enough snow I will try snow shoeing. My favorite park rents them so that is easy to try. So time to turn things up a bit - thank you for encouraging me by your example!