Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1053 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 5355395310031043104910501051105210531054105510561057106311031153 ... LastLast
Results 15,781 to 15,795 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Feeling better today so I went to the garage to swap out the stock saddles for the new Terry's (Cite X for me, Liberator X for my honey), got them on and we went for a short spin... I just love Terry saddles!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    Feeling better today so I went to the garage to swap out the stock saddles for the new Terry's (Cite X for me, Liberator X for my honey), got them on and we went for a short spin... I just love Terry saddles!!!!
    Glad you got a nice ride in, Pax.

I have long used Terry's Butterfly Tri-Gel saddle, which they unfortunately stopped making. I wasn't totally thrilled with the looks (I know, I know; I shouldn't place form over substance.....) of the closest one to the Tri Gel in their current line, so I finally ventured to another brand. But I wasn't happy about it. I wish I thought to hoard the Tri-Gel when I had a chance.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Yeah, not digging the looks of the new CiteX either. Weird white/pink/red writing on it... but it rides great!

Rode downhill today at the relatively new downhill park nearby. DANG, that's a lot of fun. Even though it costs an arm and a leg to rent bikes and gear and spend a day on the lifts. Everything from swooping, easy turns via jumps small, large and horrendous to gnarly, rocky, rooty awfulness.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

FIL passed away this morning. He would've been 96 in three weeks. He was reasonably healthy until this spring.

DH is already there, I'll be heading out soon. Sadly, DH is the only one in the immediate family who has the slightest coping skills or willingness to accept help, and he can only do so much without threatening his own mental health. It's been pretty surreal ever since FIL went into heart failure in May and then developed delirium in the hospital. I'm a bit removed from all of it, but if you can spare a few serene thoughts for DH, MIL and SIL, I'm sure anything will help.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Thoughts and prayer are with you.

So sorry, Oak. Give our condolences to DH. Delirium just sucks. It was downhill from there when my FIL started with that.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Sorry Oak, my prayers and thoughts are with you, your DH and family.

Oak, wishing you & DH serenity in this very trying time.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

I swear I am done, done, done organizing rides. I repeat - I am done, done, done organizing S24O's
    Now I will go type this is bold letters, print out and paste on my wall next to my desk.

The straw the broke the camel's back. "Thanks so much for loaning us your Bob Trailer, can you bring it to the start of the ride (95 miles away) please" Uhhhh hello?
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

sky king- since they are so keen on riding I would politely suggest that they ride the 95 miles to come get themselves. But then I am A GRUMPY OLD SKINNY WHITE WOMAN WHO RIDES A BIKE. All I can wish is good luck and hold fast to your resolution.
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

My son is 31 today. I cannot really believe I have a child that old. I don't feel that old.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Thread Drift

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    My son is 31 today. I cannot really believe I have a child that old. I don't feel that old.
    I feel your pain. I think it's the hardest when they reach their thirties. That's when it hits you; how fast time is going by. Then the grand kids come along and, whew. It starts going even faster. My oldest son will be 35 in January.

I was telling a friend of mine that my DH and I were having an anniversary dinner that night and she asked me how many years. I had to stop and think....hmmmm.... I thought maybe 35 or 36??? Then I started counting on my fingers. Holy crap, it was 38 years. That's nearly 40!! How did that happen?? Especially since I can't be more than 42 years old or so..,. Wait... (Counts on fingers again). Never mind. :-)
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

Oak,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you during this trying time.
    kajero
    2013 Trek FX 7.6 WSD
    2012 Specialized Ruby WSD
    2004 Schwinn (I think that is the year)

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    My daughter will be 37 when her first child and my first grandchild is born. How did she ever get old enough to have a baby?
    kajero
    2013 Trek FX 7.6 WSD
    2012 Specialized Ruby WSD
    2004 Schwinn (I think that is the year)