Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1063 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 6356396310131053105910601061106210631064106510661067107311131163 ... LastLast
Results 15,931 to 15,945 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Old news I guess but Knott and I had dinner the night before pride with Xrayted and her date. A fun time was had by all. It was great to have the TE gals around the the table. We tried to meet up the next day at the parade but traffic and logistics interfered. Maybe next year and perhaps some rides up here.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    Old news I guess but Knott and I had dinner the night before pride with Xrayted and her date. A fun time was had by all. It was great to have the TE gals around the the table. We tried to meet up the next day at the parade but traffic and logistics interfered. Maybe next year and perhaps some rides up here.
    Sounds like a great time was had by all! Please pass greetings along to Knotted, she is missed around here :-)

She just got another bike! We're up to 7 now, I think.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

Nice. Hi to Knott!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Sounds like a great time was had by all! Please pass greetings along to Knotted, she is missed around here :-)
    You could always click to shop above and read the reviews. Sometimes she writes one: http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodSB_3006P.html
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

So, after 5 weeks of crap with the state of California, insurance, etc. last weekend, my brother took my dad home, since Medicare would no longer pay for the rehab he was in. He, of course, can't really be rehabbed, but we never got any final paperwork on his state benefits, although he was approved. Of course, he can't be at home. My brother took another 10 days off and was besides himself. He's a wreck to begin with, and then he gets pissed at people; not a good way to get what you want. So, fortunately, my older son went out there Saturday, first flew in to see my other son, and they drove down to San Diego and came upon the ugly mess (I had just found out). My younger son was a wreck about Grandpa's condition, so the next day, Monday, they took him to the VA hospital (where he had been receiving excellent primary care before all of this started) and he is now appropriately placed in the VA palliative care wing. My older son said my younger son was amazing (he gets his care at the VA) and my brother said that they are being treated so well, that he wishes he had been in the military.
    My dad seems to be hanging in there, and hopefully will still be with it enough when we go out there in about a month.
    Really, really proud of my kids.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Crankin, we don't have children so I can't totally relate, but I bet it feels really good to catch your "kids" being "adults" -- and good ones at that under difficult situations at any age.

I hope your dad will do okay in the VA facility and that you'll have a nice visit with him. It sure is tough when our folks get old.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Hey Trek, it was nice hanging out with you and Knot again after all of these years. I had been, lets say, cooped up and held back for way too long. So, after having lived in Portland for 7 years and wanted to go so many times, that was my first Pride Parade I've ever been to, so I took it all in. I waited for every last parade person and float. J was a gracious hostess and date and then we went to the concert after and danced our butts off. That was a wonderful weekend. Thanks for being a part of it.

Life moves along whether you are ready for it or not, I've discovered. One just never knows what's going to happen or what you can endure when it hits. My life has changed dramatically over the past 9 months for the better but the road was rough to get here. Things creep up on us and we don't see it until a big change happens and we think... how did I get there from where I was? Still, I'm so glad I'm here and moving forward and having a truly great time for once. It helped a lot to be with people who care and who kept moving me in the right direction and didn't allow me to wallow too long. I'm doing things that I thought I'd never get to do again and have actually gotten out more in the last 9 mo than I have in the 7 yrs since I moved here. I've met so many new friends and gotten back into some old hobbies and found new ones and my work life has gotten so much better as well. I get up to Seattle area about every other week or sometimes 3 weeks in a row so if anyone wants to hang out or go for lunch or anything, speak up. I'll try to be on here more but I'm so busy that I seem to not have the time lately. PM's are best to contact me if you don't already have my cell #.

I have to say, Pax has been an invaluable person to chat with and has put things into perspective and glued me together quite a few times and I can't thank her enough. Relationship stuff, dealing with my Mom's cancer stuff, starting over stuff, finding my happy again stuff... I've never had a mentor or another woman to chat with like that in my life. She's been incredible to me this whole time. I hope I get to meet her and her sweetie pie wife someday... some place sunny... like FL... or... ya know.... uh... Heeheehee. I'll have to bring chickwhorips along and create a TE ruckus.

Okay, I did an overnight 16 hr shift at the hospital lat night and only had a 3 hr nap today after being up for over 32 hrs. I'm a bit punchy. I think I need to go soak in a mineral tub and have a massage and warm wrap/nap in the Gorge and a visit/dinner with a friend in the Dalles. See ya, ladies!!!
    Oh, that's gonna bruise...
    Only the suppressed word is dangerous. ~Ludwig Börne

X - your post makes me smile. Pax indeed does rock, I'm glad you've got a support system.

In other news, I had a scan on Monday - I'm cancer free.

Congrats!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    In other news, I had a scan on Monday - I'm cancer free.
    Happy dance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10500283_10152548199129133_6329685235387076021_n.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	17294  
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

You know, when I just sit down and have time to just mull things over, I find a pretty good solution on my own. I had no idea how much energy I was putting into someone else, them being so damn needy. How much I had ignored my own because I just didn't have enough energy for both of us. I've had some wonderful people recognize this and guide me to find myself again. That is a wonderful gift. Not leading someone but guiding them to find their own path and thereby helping them gain their freedom and power back. What wonderful people I've got in my life. Truly. X is flying again and in the right direction for once.

And now... I need to contact Mimi. I have an artistic project for her, if she'd like to accept it. MIMI!!!! Please PM me. You've changed your name on here since I used to be on. Can somebody help a girl out on this?

YAY SNAP!!! Woohoo!!! Happy Dance indeed.

Trek, you have a wonderful young man working at one of your stores that has helped me immensely lately. Every now and again, somebody gives enough of a **** to do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
    YAY SNAP!!! Woohoo!!! Happy Dance indeed.
    I'm pretty damn thrilled.

Oh...and mimi is now Biciclista.
    Last edited by snapdragen; 07-29-2014 at 11:53 AM.