Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 875 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 375775825865871872873874875876877878879885925975 ... LastLast
Results 13,111 to 13,125 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

The wedding yesterday was actually nice, in terms of a ceremony, party, etc., but it was more like a party for the parents, since the bride and groom are so dysfunctional that they didn't interact much with the guests. And it was one of those weddings where the families are from totally different cultures and sort of different social classes. Very interesting to observe. Well, I got to dance with both my husband and my son...
    This morning I went to yoga/meditation class that I am going to take for the summer. I don't know why these types of things sort of rile me up. The class was exactly what I am looking for, but I always feel like the other people in yoga classes belong to a "club" that I am not a member of. I don't need to be best friends with them, but it is just a weird feeling I get. I was, however, pleased to see that all of my home practice has paid off, as I was as flexible as the other people in the class who are instructors or training to be instructors.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    The wedding yesterday was actually nice, in terms of a ceremony, party, etc., but it was more like a party for the parents, since the bride and groom are so dysfunctional that they didn't interact much with the guests. And it was one of those weddings where the families are from totally different cultures and sort of different social classes. Very interesting to observe. Well, I got to dance with both my husband and my son...
    This morning I went to yoga/meditation class that I am going to take for the summer. I don't know why these types of things sort of rile me up. The class was exactly what I am looking for, but I always feel like the other people in yoga classes belong to a "club" that I am not a member of. I don't need to be best friends with them, but it is just a weird feeling I get. I was, however, pleased to see that all of my home practice has paid off, as I was as flexible as the other people in the class who are instructors or training to be instructors.
    Crankin, that's great about the wedding! sounds like a strange couple, all right!

meanwhile the yoga thing? I always seem to get vibes like that too.
    I attended a yoga class for a while where the owner/instructor always brought her little pug dog. I'm ok with sharing space with a dog, but it also expected love and attention from all of the students. I did not wish to have the snuffling creature on my mat, so it started barking at me. How professional! I never took another class from her. She wasn't even in the room dealing with her dog!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

mimi, that's just wierd about the pug. That said, I think I should be able to take our Tibetian Terrier to work with me. He'd be very soothing, I'm sure.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

as long as he doesn't bark at people who don't want to pet him. He could remind mothers in transition to pant. pant pant pant pant.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

Well, there were no dogs in the yoga class, which is indeed very strange. Just a bunch of women my age who all seemed to know each other and were all the same "type." It's funny, every sport or activity seems to attract a certain type of person. I don't seem to fit the mold for people who practice yoga or meditate, even though I really enjoy both of these things. I feel much more comfortable with cyclists!

ha, Crankin, at least you DO have a group you feel comfortable with. Some of us just don't.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

That's funny, the yoga studio I go to has a wildly varied clientele. A bunch of employees from the beach bar and grill across the street, who definitely fit the stereotype of beach bar employees ; some older people who've been athletic all their lives, and some older people who've never been athletic; two or three nurses (not including the owner/teacher who's an RN as well); some pretty hardcore athletes; one devotee who's a former MMA fighter and seems to be going a million miles an hour whenever he isn't deep in meditation; etc.

My gym has one aerobics class that's pretty clique-y, but other than that, they're pretty open.

But that's weird about the dog. I'm all for bringing well-behaved pets to work, but when they're behaving badly, especially someplace like a yoga studio, that's crazy.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    But that's weird about the dog. I'm all for bringing well-behaved pets to work, but when they're behaving badly, especially someplace like a yoga studio, that's crazy.
    Agreed. At the Pilates studio I used to go to one of the students would bring her yellow lab. Alma is a therapy dog at the hospital I work at (she even has her own employee badge). My teacher said they only had one incident, Alma couldn't resist one of the small balls and popped it when she tried to pick it up.

I think Mr. Spock (our 13 yr old Tibetian Terrier) would be great with the pant-pant-pant part of labor! Mostly I want him to just hang out in the call room so I can come and hang out with him.

I LOVE China Kitchen's Combination Lo-Mein. I eat and eat and eat, and the quantity does not seem diminished. Hmmmmm...
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

For fun, go back and read the early days of TD. I miss Nanci.
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

is TD too dull now?
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

It's just fun to see how TD developed in the beginning. Knot was in a miserable relationship, and then she was free...and now she's happy with Trek...Fish Dr. became Bee Dr....snapdragen was always handy with the quick reply....I was single and treating you all to my match.com adventures...and Nanci was forever getting a new turtle or snake and teaching us herpetological stuff. I'm remembering those days fondly.
    Last edited by Lise; 06-02-2009 at 07:36 PM.
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Today I had another first. I have worked in the same place for 30 years and i've lived in 3 houses within a few miles of each other; so i've had the same commute for 30 years.
    I've never walked. Today I walked the 4 miles home!
    I discovered that this commute is even worse to walk than it is to bicycle.
    For roughly 1/2 of the 4 miles, there was no sidewalk or the sidewalk that was there was so overgrown with weeds that i had to wrassle with blackberries and pull grass seeds out of my socks!
    It was fun though. I found a 1/15 of a dollar bill. and a wrench
    Last edited by Biciclista; 06-02-2009 at 03:57 PM.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Wow- how adventurous, Mimi! I often alternate my walking and my biking- the walking really helps my hip joints and my spine in ways that biking simply cannot. Most of my usual walks are about 4 miles too. Good for you!
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OK, I have to ask: 1/15 of a dollar bill? How did you quantify that? The wrench is cool.

I don't know how far my walk to work is. I'm guessing about 4 mi, too. Driving home, listening to the weather, I thought that I probably won't ride to work, as it will be rainy and 61 deg tomorrow. (Blech, when did we turn into a colder, wetter PNW?!?) I thought, "I could walk", but realized I really don't want to walk 4 mi home at night.

The foot said, "Thank you".
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock