Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1028 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 285289289781018102410251026102710281029103010311032103810781128 ... LastLast
Results 15,406 to 15,420 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Oh, man (((((red))))) (((((snap)))))

Wishing your brother a quick and uncomplicated recovery, and all of you a break, for sure.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Oh my Red! I really hope he gets through this without further complications. {{{{Red and brother}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Red }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

That is scary! Very glad he got in touch with you, but hopefully the short delay did not make matters worse. Keep us posted on his condition.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Denial is a huge factor in people having a cardiac event.
    I am amazed how many doctors don't prescribe cardiac rehab. It's always holistic and involves both physical and mental health. It's never too late to start.
    I hope you get a break, soon, Red.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

So, his nurse brought up rehab today before I even got there, and sent a note to his doctor to see if he's a good candidate, which makes me relieved. He's up and walking and seems totally normal. Just being in the hospital is sooooo boring. He is handling that part better than I would. And the food is as junky as the cliche says, but the staff are great, especially the nurses. If anyone on here is a nurse, I tip my hat to you. You are the best. It really takes a special kind of amazing person to do what they do.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Red, I hope your brother is able to make some lifestyle changes that will get him a little healthier. I'm sure he's happy to have a supportive sister like you.

I've been upping my fitness walking after a 'slow spell' where I've slowly but steadily been getting out of shape. Also added yoga several times a week. So I pulled out my trusty pedometer that's always been so dependable...
    Wow, I was more out of shape than I thought, because it seemed so hard to walk a measley 2 miles now! I used to walk 5 miles every other day no problem, but now it took forever to achieve two miles. But I've kept plugging at it for the past three months. I just got used to a puny 2 miles being the new '5 mile standard' instead.
    Last week my pedometer konked out and I couldnt find the right battery (try buying a battery right after a hurricane). I figured I deserved a new one anyway after all these years so I ordered a fancy new one online, and it came right away. I set it up (I know my stride length already) and went for my usual walk this morning. First I checked it two times by walking 100 steps, and sure enough it registered exactly 100 steps, each time.
    Um....turns out my supposed 2 mile walk which seemed to take forever is actually a 3.5 mile walk. The new pedometer said so, and at home I mapped my route online to double check, and yes it was indeed 3.5 miles. Duh!
    So, that was great, I've been walking a lot more than I thought i had been, and it wasn't taking me forever to walk 2 miles after all! Pretty good feeling.
    Yay for pedometers that work right!
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's a riot, Lisa! I'm so glad it was the pedometer and not you!!

By the way, thanks again for the yogic "push"! I went to class Thursday at my usual studio and yesterday and today at the new studio. It just feels so, so good. Between that, resistance work and running, I am feeling as close to my old self as I've felt in a long while. I'm positive it's the additional yoga classes. The Sunday heated class at 4:30 is the perfect way to end the weekend/begin the week!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Indy, that's great to hear. Keep it up!
    I'm not sure which is doing me more good- the fitness walking or the yoga, but together they are actually making a big difference in how I feel and little differences in how I look. I notice I'm standing and sitting straighter, my skirt waistbands and my bras are not quite as tight, I can now put my pants on one leg at a time while standing without leaning against the wall (that's a noticeable change, lol!), and I've lost a total of 4 pounds so far in 3 months. That's not a lot to lose, but hey it's going in the other direction from what it had been, with no special dieting on my part. Plus I must be building muscle for sure.
    Lisa

Hi Gals! I've missed you all a bunch; busy taking care of mom so very little computer time. Hope you're all doing well.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    Hi Gals! I've missed you all a bunch; busy taking care of mom so very little computer time. Hope you're all doing well.
    Pax, we miss you, too (if I may speak for the group and I think I can on this count)! I hope that you, your mom and your Honey are all well. Check back in if and when you have time. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Pax - what Indy said. Have a very nice and stress-free Thanksgiving!

I had an unexpected ride today; well, actually, I am still on the ride. My 2:30 client cancelled, so I went home so I could vote. I rode to the polling place, but it was too early to ride to my client who lives 5.5 miles fro my house. So I decided to do my short loop, since the kid lives right off of it. Right now I am sitting on a bench in front of Ferns in Carlisle; got about ten minutes to kill. I am wearing my new Assos winter jacket I got for half price. It's really snug, but warm. So warm, I need a lighter mid layer.
    Well, I have my lights and my stuff for my session, plus I'll get close to a 20 mile ride.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Pax, good to see you pop in....I hope things are going smoothly with you and your loved ones.

Crankin- I have to hand it to you, ridin' in the cold!

Today my mate and i walked down into the village to have breakfast and then go vote. I was about 40F but very sunny, so perfect walking weather. Since we were out and about already, we extended our walk and did a brisk 4 miles altogether. Very pleasant way to get some exercise in today! Right now I'm bottling up the 42 pounds of beautiful pure golden honey i got from my bees this year- it came to about 4 gallons... woo-HOOO!
    Lisa

Forty two pounds!!! That's awesome! Where do you sell it (assuming you sell it)?

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Pax - good to see you, hope you're hanging in there.

Crankin - I can barely drag myself out for a run before midday when there's frost on the ground!

Lisa - the 5.4 mile out-and-back WAS our walk to the polling place and back. It was a nice sunny day here too, and a nice walk, but a little darker than I'd have liked by the time we got back. At least I had hi-viz gear on, my DH wore his cloak of invisibility. And yum, fresh honey. Mmmmmmmm.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler