Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 905 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 4058058558959019029039049059069079089099159551005 ... LastLast
Results 13,561 to 13,575 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

We had a beautiful cool summer, now we're having a slightly rainy fall...not too bad at all.

We're in the high 60's today with a cold front coming. High for Monday is supposed to be 53! Guess fall is here in WI. The leaves are turning so it's beautiful but dry.

For a special treat I get to meet Trigress on Sunday! She's here from Norway for a wedding and we're planning on meeting to go hiking if the weather holds (they're talking rain now). I'm excited!
    Dar

Dar - That sounds like such fun!

Our September weather has been awesome, I guess making up for the rain in June and July. We have only had one or two days of rain, with another forecast for Sunday. A few days have been warmer than usual, but not too humid, but mostly, even the hot days have been crisp and clear. One day it was 41 in the morning and 78 in the afternoon. Reminds me of AZ. Seriously, September is my favorite month. I hate riding in the hot weather, especially humid hot weather.
    The high is going to be 60 tomorrow and I am quite happy.
    Let's keep this thread going. I miss the random conversations.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Weather is great here, pleasantly cool and breezy, getting chilly at night.

I just made a big batch of kohlrabi coleslaw. Also tuna salad.

A neighbor down the block just offered me her active bee hive which at in her farm 30 min away, and we are hatching a plan to transport it here to my place in Oct.

Not sure if this link will work, but it's a little video clip of DH and I playing at the local farmer's market two weeks ago: music clip. It was just at twilight so the light isn't too good. (Tell me if that link does not work)
    Last edited by BleeckerSt_Girl; 09-25-2009 at 05:02 PM.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

sun

SUNSHINE!!!! Two days of pure sunshine!!!! WWAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEY!!! We've not had this for quite a while..our winter was rain rain rain..Western Australia has some dam levels at 51% though!!!

Finally this may mean summer is just about here

Waooooooooooheeooooooohooooooooooooo

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    We've needed rain for a while. Yesterday afternoon I finally broke down and put the sprinkler on my new perennial border. Then it rained all night and most of the day! Tomorrow's neighborhood cleanup is canceled because there's an 80% chance of rain. Better to wait and have more participants.

I've been missing one of my favorite pairs of PI bike shorts for about 5 months. Today I removed the drawer that holds my bike shorts from the chest, and there were my missing shorts behind the drawer! I'm happy.

My other great joy in the last week was successfully finding the pipe between my septic tank and the distributor box/leach field after 4 mornings of digging. I'd made a trench 3 feet wide and 32 inches deep when I found it. That success saved me several thousand dollars and having a backhoe dig up the yard to find it. My system even passed the Title V inspection so we can now sell the house.

And today I got the key to my new apartment, a 2-bedroom in a duplex house only 1.5 miles from my office and near the bike path. I should be able to commute by bike all winter, though skiing could work sometimes too.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

Congrats Deb on your new apt! I know the good feeling.

It took me a while to learn about 'drawer creep' too - it only happens when your bureau drawer gets JAMMED with biking shorts and tights. one pair will decide to 'talk a walk' and mosey on down behind the drawer looking for a little solitude. The symptom is when the drawer doesn't seem to want to close all the way even though nothing is popping up and getting in the way.
    Lisa

Loved your video Lisa. I had to join your Ning to listen but the link worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BleeckerSt_Girl View Post
    Weather is great here, pleasantly cool and breezy, getting chilly at night.

I just made a big batch of kohlrabi coleslaw. Also tuna salad.

A neighbor down the block just offered me her active bee hive which at in her farm 30 min away, and we are hatching a plan to transport it here to my place in Oct.

Not sure if this link will work, but it's a little video clip of DH and I playing at the local farmer's market two weeks ago: music clip. It was just at twilight so the light isn't too good. (Tell me if that link does not work)
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

Good work, Deb. It will be cool to live near the bike path. My son has used it to ride out here.
    I have a sleeveless Craft base layer missing. I just bought it last fall at the Terry 50% off sale and I am mad. I bought 3, because I wear them constantly for about 7 months of the year. Hoping it will show up stuck somewhere. There is hope, since my cleaning lady found one of my DH's gloves that had gone missing. It was pretty new. Of course, I bought him a new pair for a birthday present and then it showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by kelownagirl View Post
    Loved your video Lisa. I had to join your Ning to listen but the link worked fine.
    Oops, I didn't realize you'd need to join to see it...but thanks for joining anyway!

Here is a page where you can see it without joining anything:
    http://harmonias.com/our-music/
    You do have to let it load at least halfway though, or else it keeps pausing to buffer. Once it's all loaded though it doesn't pause while playing.
    Lisa

Very nice Lisa! And congrats on the bee hive. Reminds me of the book The Secret Lives of Bees.

Congrats on the new place Deb - and finding the shorts!

Well, I met Trigress today We had a nice long hike and chat. She is wonderful and quite the tiny gal. We had a bit of a challange finding the park and the trails were not marked well so we got in a little longer hike, lol. The day was beautiful though and so was the company. She took pix and will post them when she can. Yeah! I met another amazing TE gal!
    Dar

Well, it's been a few days since this thread has been active.
    What's new?
    I have been buying cycling clothes for my son! So, it's a vicarious thrill. My DH already gave him a thermal jacket, some regular and long fingered gloves, a few head covers. So far, he is still commuting, even at temps in the low 40s in the AM. But, he definitely wants to get a road/touring bike and "train" some next spring. I bought him 2 pairs of shorts, which I scored for $19.00 each, at STP. Then I researched like crazy, and got him a pair of thermal tights, unpadded for $80, reduced from $160.00 at Backcountry.com outlet. Today, EMS had their club day, so I got him a regular cycling wind jacket which is really light and reflective, for 20% off.
    I think I'd better stop. My DH ordered him a pannier, so I am going to put it all in the pannier and give it to him next Friday, on his birthday.

I sure wish I could watch Ken Burns National Park show on a movie screen.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager