Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 501 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 4014514914974984995005015025035045055115516011001 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
    CWR - I think it's your body screaming "I'm stronger!!!!"
    or just put me out of my misery now. one of the two.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

for the record: one can not live on chocolate. i have tried today. i now have a tummy ache.

the rest of the tim tams got it, and i savored every one of them. but sadly no more. now some yummy ohio buckeye candy is getting it and wow are those good! i think i need to stop while i'm ahead. and i got down to my goal weight too.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikingmomof3 View Post
    Lise,
    I am SO happy for you and J. You to deserve all the best life has to offer. Now go bring some new little ones into the world.
    OK, TD, even *I* read that as Jennifer telling me to go out and procreate! This being a physical impossibility... I'll just keep on midwifin'.

CWR, some pages back, it seemed folks were supporting you in going through a hard personal situation? But I couldn't find your original post. Maybe you pulled it. Whatever's going on, I join the rest of TD in offering loving best wishes. L.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Lise View Post
    OK, TD, even *I* read that as Jennifer telling me to go out and procreate! This being a physical impossibility... I'll just keep on midwifin'.

CWR, some pages back, it seemed folks were supporting you in going through a hard personal situation? But I couldn't find your original post. Maybe you pulled it. Whatever's going on, I join the rest of TD in offering loving best wishes. L.
    Yeah CWR,
    me too! I am sorry you are having trouble. I too found out you have to eat more than chocolate... hehehe. Now I try to mix other things into the diet
    when i need a lot of chocolate.
    Are you back up in Alaska? How much light do you have (I imagine that would make life tough too, it's bad enough here with our measly 9 hours going down to 8!)
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

**there's X with a LBS guy pinned against the wall, feet off the floor, begging to serve us**
    Actually, this mental image is not too bad ...
    ~ Susie

"Keep plugging along. The finish line is getting closer with every step. When you see it, you won't remember that you are hurting, that anything has gone wrong, or just how slow or fast you are.
    You will just know that you are going to finish and that was what you set out to do."
    -- Michael Pate, "When Big Boys Tri"

BEEF - It's What's For Dinner

I have no idea what the heck I'm doing. I bought cow parts at Costco. Whatever it is (sirloin top cap-off something or another) it was $3 a pound. I have one of the steaks (is it a steak? big flat hunk of bleeding cow flesh) in a frying pan with olive oil and pepper and garlic.

It shrank. Which seems to be the common experience with beef. Smaller than you think at first. Not that I've had that much experience with beef.

Anyway, I'm cooking it on low and I'm gonna add a whole bunch of mushrooms in a few minutes. I'm hoping it is edible. It seems to be miserably tough and chewy. I think I killed it...

Four other steaks are in the freezer, and two are going to be made into beef stew tomorrow.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Knot,
    if you LIKE beef, which i'm sortof getting the impression you don't;
    but if you do, even if it is as tough as wangleather, it should taste pretty good
    even if you burn it. But if you add the mushrooms and onions and keep adding liquid so it doesn't dry out, and you are patient, it will be delicious. (be sure to add a little salt too)
    PS so how come you are eating beef?
    PPS I am a carnivore myself.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Mimi - I'm an omnivore, and I've been wanting beef. SKnot doesn't eat red meat, so I just don't buy it. But I have no idea how to cook it since I so rarely have it. Pork chops I can figure out, so I'm sorta treating this like a pork chop.

I'll keep cooking it, slowly in the yummy mushroom and olive oil juicy stuff. I've got a baked potato to go with it.

Stew I can figure out. We're good there.

Interesting side note: I was close to vegetarian when I got preggers with SKnot. I craved red meat the whole time I was pregnant. Guess I needed it.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

hehehe. I know how old Kit really is. Visa and MC are accepted through Pay Pal.
    You think you know, only because of what she told you. Watch out for those tricksters

Kitsune06 Guest
    CWR- I feel your pain. Sorta. I was overly optimistic about my riding abilities going to and from work. I'm so sore and so tired and (SO HUNGRY!) I'm in the process of making more soup (having eaten too much already) so i can just stuff myself and then fall asleep. I should stretch, though. d'oh. *sigh*

Don't get me wrong, I liked the ride down there (would've liked it more had it not been so hard) but the ride back was scary (dark and with stupid people) and I'm just tired beyond words.

Fun fact: When people tell me to "Get on the F****ing Sidewalk!" I enjoy telling them to do silly things, too... I can't say any of them here (there might be timid or meek folks lurking) but it's fun.

Knot - quickie marinade for mystery beef, Newman's Balsamic Vinaigrette. Let it marinate for about an hour, then cook it.

I had a final meeting with the other 2 "cochairs" of our community Tgiving dinner tonight. Too many chiefs in the kitchen and I'll be glad to have this behind me. The meal will be delicious and beautiful, but I'm a nuts and bolts kind of person. Besides this being a free community dinner, all the donations have gone to good charities. They keep added "trivial" stuff to me like table decorations (hand made stamped cards, flower arrangements, tablecloths, disposable serving platter, confetti, individual serving cups for cranberry sauce, etc.) and all my black and white self (I AM a project manager folks!) see's is money not going to the senior center, or the sponsoring church. Ugh, I volunteered to do this myself, they have pretty much taken over because they both work in town and only part time. But I am thankful cuz that's less I had to do And I'm sure it will be appreciated by those attending. OK, vent off my chest....

OTG, I say let X rought 'em up a bit. Then they'll treat you with respect. Like raising kids my parents always said, a little fear can go a long way

CWR, whilst chocolate is a food group, it can only be used so for 2 consecutive meals. Now go eat a salad and send me the candy, lol. JK, my bootie doesn't need any. I'm sending my cool North Face pants back cuz they're too long. And if I can get into the shape I want to be in, I'll order them again and hopefully they will have some short lengths in stock.

Off to take the garbage out. Yippee!
    Dar

tim tams

Umm CWR..If you need more tim tams I have some in my cupboard i could send you.

c

Vent

ARGH! I am so mad!

A 12 hr shift today, busy, sometimes frustrating, but not awful. The midwife coming on after me arrived 1.5 hr early, not to help out, but to do paperwork or nap, whatever, in our call room, which meant that I essentially needed to stay out of there. Minor irritation.

She's also the midwife who does our schedule. She was also the director of my graduate program (13 years ago), and has been a midwife > 25 years. You get the point, she's one of my respected elders. BUT. She gets worked up about the schedule. I requested a week off in March, to go to Italy with J. A part-time midwife had a request in that overlapped mine by 3 days. No big deal, thought I, as there are 10 of us, although most are part time. Without going into details here, what I'm MAD about is that tonight, at 10 PM, Betty's telling me, "I don't think we can do it!" I said, "Betty, I have PLANE TICKETS TO ITALY."

I emailed our boss and said, "Please help me with this." I am sure it will work out. Betty sometimes does this sort of frantic, "it can't WORK!" stuff about the schedule, but it works out. I mean JEEZ! it's four months from now! We can't figure something out?!?

OK, I'm tired, I'm frustrated, and there's nothing more to be done tonight. I will get the days off some how. Sigh. Thanks for letting me vent, TD, or for ignoring it and moving on to a post with chocolate or wine or snakes in it!
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Offthegrid View Post
    Actually, this mental image is not too bad ...
    Well, I'm all booked this coming w/e so how about the next? I say we head out and scare the little men at the LBS. I'll bring a camera. You know these ladies like pics, especially action shots!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdarby View Post
    OTG, I say let X rought 'em up a bit. Then they'll treat you with respect. Like raising kids my parents always said, a little fear can go a long way
    See, Dar says it's cool, so can we, huh, huh, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikingmomof3 View Post
    Well garage door guy came, and for those of you single and looking, he was hot!! Anyway, he will be back tomorrow and I will be out $1250. Upside, my garage door will be new and in working order.
    Gee, is it just me or should the upside be that the guy is hot? BMo3, do you think you could get him to take off his shirt for a few TE pics? C'mon ladies, pony up some loot and help pay for this door so we can get the pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    You think you know, only because of what she told you. Watch out for those tricksters
    Oh I know so much more than that, snap. It's in the new biography I'm writing called "Kitsune: The Young and Crazy Years." Knowing her zest for life, I won't be able to finish it until she dies at the tender age of 104 in a mosh pit mishap. (which is exactly ** years from now)

Kit - Glad you had a nice ride to work today and that you're safe. Watch the language tho, you're a biking embassador now. Sign language however is a beautiful and expressive alternative. Wha? I'm just sayin'...

(oh yeah, it should be in the mail soon. thanks Kit.)

(((CWR))) You know I'm a hugger so quit looking at me like that. I'll hug ya if I wanna, so there!

'night TD!

Oh, hey, CWR this one's for you...
    Last edited by Xrayted; 11-20-2006 at 09:30 PM.
    Oh, that's gonna bruise...
    Only the suppressed word is dangerous. ~Ludwig Börne