Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 104 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 454941001011021031041051061071081141542046041104 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

winddance "There is a link that would let you bring up the whole thread...all 103 pages of it! "

Could also start a new fresh thread drift? nah.

Lise, yeah. Very glad about the Dad being involved. Ya know no matter what the kids do goes on (I thought I'd seen the littlest kid teasing Mae once through the patio gate, now know that's true) if the dog has simply had enough...dog always looses that fight.

Told the kids with Dad there that I'm not mad at them, just want them and my dog both to be safe. The youngest says he wants a dog so we spoke very briefly that he needs to learn how to be around dogs and not tease them before he gets one.

That could work.

It's shocking really, I live close to an elementary school and many times I'll be walking Mae if I'm at home during a week day, walk near the school, cute dog....kids have left the playground to follow me and Mae down the block uh, go back to the school.

And the number of kids that just run full speed at her ("aaah, lookit the cute puppy!!!!") I don't think these kids learn how to approach a strange dog either (ask if it's ok, let the dog come to you not vice versa...)
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

My doofy dog assumes that everyone loves him. I hope that someday I can use him as a therapy dog. (when he is a bit more mature) That is assuming I stay in healthcare as a career, or at least keep it as a hobby.

I have had Oakley's for years. Same ol' pair. They have been holding up well. Sometimes a brand's reputation may be well earned. Can't really go wrong ordering anything from Sierra Trading Post.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

[QUOTE=Lise]Salsa--the funny thing is, we did have great chemistry. *I* thought we had a lot of potential as a couple. He kissed me good morning one day as we left his place for work, exchanged some emails throught the day, and ... poof. Never heard from him again. After he didn't respond to two calm phone messages, I got the point. It hurt.

Odd note about those matching services--one of them matched me with myself. You may be interested to learn that I am only 67% compatible with myself!

Lise--God, was that the same guy you had in mind when you did today's post on medical results? Urg. What a s***head. WHY do some of them do that sort of thing? It's SO painful. Creep.

Hoho--those matching services are interesting. The occupational therapist I share an office with did that whole thing last year, so every week I'd hear stories. It's probably a good sign that you're only 67% compatible with yourself. You wouldn't want to be totally like yourself; you'd get bored...(I mean, huh? How weird...). Take heart, though--the first part of last night makes it pretty clear you have a big fan base. Even if Nanci is totally torturing you about Peter Reid.

Nanci---your long note during the last of traffic school (19 minutes left...I want my new cycling books...18 minutes left...I'm so bored...etc.) was a classic HS note. I kept a representative sample of our HS notes and found them yesterday while we were packing up stuff. They are still funny as hell and sound just like your note ("I want to meet a thousand guys this summer...LUNCH it even looks nice in print...I can't wait for the bell to ring; this class is SO boring...are you going out with Mike tonight?" etc., etc.).

MP--glad you had a good time, even though it was weird to have to sit it out--and glad your trainees all did well!

To both MP and Knotted--you guys WILL get through this.

Any World Cup watchers? Wasn't that an interesting game? Wow.

PS FishJr sounds great!

PPS Snap, I believe I have relieved you of your insomnia by adopting it for my own. I had it last night and got to ride 60 miles on the tandem today on four hours of sleep. Did fine, actually, till I got home and became a total zonker babe. Having hard time keeping eyelids up.

I'm baaack....

OK, I know I'm new around here so no one really missed me or even noticed I was gone for 10 days... ha, ha But man, you guys have been chatty! I am going to have to be online all night to catch up with everything.

I couldn't wait to get home today so I could go for a ride around the neighbourhood on my new road bike tonight. My little guy was home so I stuck him in front of the TV and hoped for the best I think I'm getting the hang of the clipless pedals but I suck as going fast downhill so far. I end up riding my brakes on the hoods the whole way down and my hands and forearms ache by the time I reach the bottom. I did better when I was in the drops but I wasn't able to go from the one to the other once I was going downhill. What a klutz... On the other hand, I was AWESOME going _up_ the big sucky hill by my house. I never went under 12 km/h, even on the part that I usually only do 7 km/h. I am going to LOVE this bike.

OK, are we allowed to talk about bikes on this Thread Drift thread? Hee hee, oh well... if not, too bad.

barb, off to read the archives... see you in 3-4 hours....

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike
    Any World Cup watchers? Wasn't that an interesting game? Wow.
    That was an interesting game! I only watched up to the half, and then went out for my ride, but I've seen enough of it to be really, really surprised by what happened. I thought Italy would win, but I just didn't think the game would go down like it did. Crazy...

KG - I ride the brakes the whole way down some hills. I know my limits, and they may never change, but that's ok with me. I don't like going more than 25 or so miles per hour. Brakes are my friend!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Salsa--Yep, that was the guy. I cannot tell you how mortified I was to go to my doc and say, "test me". But I thought if he could be so intimate with me, and then disappear without a word or backward glance, how else was he deceiving me? This has been a year of firsts in dating--plain ol' stood up by two guys for a first date, and *poof* from someone I thought was solid. It has rocked my self-confidence. It certainly seems that guys my age want women who drink. You'd think it would be less of a problem at this age, but you should see their faces when I say "I don't drink. Nope, no alcohol. No, not even wine..." etc. Thanks for your supportive words, and for backing me on the PR thing!

KG--welcome back! We occasionally talk about our bikes on this thread. For example, you'll note that I rode my bike to a bar to get hit on by 20-somethings last night. See? Bike riding!

Just caught a 9# 7oz chubby boy, another lady on her way in for a labor check. I think there will be no rest for the midwife tonight. Makes me extra glad I hauled that AC up and left it running in the dining room. Cooool for sleeping tomorrow.

KN--head feeling better? Hope so. Good luck at work tomorrow. L.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Nanci
    Gobble gobble...
    PS, while it no doubt defeats the purpose, I'd like to take this moment to point out that I am acting in a very dignified manner in not responding to this provocation to defend the beauty of my dream man, Peter Reid. He needs no defense. He is fabulous. And does not have a wattle! Oh, crud, there goes my dignity.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

What is so bad about holly??? It's a big pretty tree with cute red berries. Well, myabe not if the berries are poisonous.

Lise, it's not an American Elm, it's http://tinyurl.com/kcwk5 a Winged Elm. But you _can_ get disease-resistant American Elms, now, and Chestnuts also. I remember the elms from my childhood, but never saw a chestnut. They were magnificent, though.
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

barb

Hey barb,

How was oiltown???(edmonton to you others) I hope you managed to rent a bike. Do tell about your trip but please tell me you didn't go shopping at WEM...

I'm excited because someone went to ma hometown....

Did you go for a walk in the river valley???

c

Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

Trek, we have equally interesting experiences with our dogs. I have two rotts (see baby pic in avatar) and people are either terrified, or convinced that their entire reputation is a bad rap and they are really just big babies. Maybe, just maybe there might be a middle ground - nah, how silly, next you will tell me about that "gray" thing people keep trying to convince me exisits. And the number of people who suggest that their kids pat a strange dog on its back or near its hip - uggghhhh

Lise, don't know what to suggest about guys. They don't care what they look like, they all want 20-year-old models who are virgins. You know the joke, "why do all the rock stars date 20 year old bimibos? because they can!" The right one has got to be out there somewhere.

About the 9#+ baby - is this a natural delivery? That is truely impressive.

MP that ride looks awesome, but I think I would need a couple of years to get ready for it. Especially at altitude. We ski in Colorado every year and it always seems that just when I am starting to adjust we are heading back home.
    Brina

"Truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed; then violently opposed; finally, it’s accepted as being self-evident." Schopenhauer

Just had to tell someone about my disappointing day. BF and I are house hunting. Where we currently live has some historical interest (the building is from around 1520), but is not very functional. Drafty in winter, makes you feel drunk without alcohol (not a straight angle anywhere), on a very busy street, and with no garden. This week-end we looked at a house that seemed perfect. Spacious, brand new kitchen, huge garden, quiet neighbourhood, short walk to town. Just a bit pricier than we had hoped so we needed a day or two to think about it. I head off to the rental agency today to tell them we'll take it. Turns out someone beat us to it!

And to add to the frustrations....I've applied for this PERFECT job and I'm still waiting to hear back. I'm expecting to hear something today, but no luck so far. Wish they could just call me up now and offer me the job!

But for now I suppose I should get back to the kitchen. I'm making beef lasagna and strawberry pie with custard for dinner tonight. Should hopefully make us feel a little bit better after the disappointments this morning.

houses

I think this is my long random thread for the week....

k...Ian and i are sort of househunting...we would rather go biking than look at houses though...We do want to move-either rent or buy but renting seems a good option atm...

I don't know if you have something like www.realestate.com.au in the uk but i spend alot of time searching for a house that's worth our rental/mortgage $$-know what i mean?

Knotted-did you ever find out why sknot ended up with a D in english????

Lise-there's a man out there for you...

Brina-Whenever i see a dog owner walking thier creature i normally stop & ask if i can pet the thing-I really want an animal & know if we ever do make that ownership step there's a very well run dog/cat shelter down the road...

I'm working on bike mileage this week-on top of a couple of runs & a swim...It's too bad i can hardly see when i bike-not because i 'don't have my glasses on-it's always dark...can't wait for the sun to rise at 530am not 730am!!!

Oh before i go an ebay question for ye-I really want the cateye double shots & found some on ebay but am wondering about when the item arrives on me doorstep in australia-would there be extra taxes?? The price is great (they're $400 aud here in perth) $239.54 + s/h!!! I'm an ebay virgin shall i say...so any help is appreciated. If you know of any other ways to get this item let me know...

Off to bed kids..

Have a good day/night wherever you may be....

Location, location, location

crazycanuc "k...Ian and i are sort of househunting...we would rather go biking than look at houses though...We do want to move-either rent or buy but renting seems a good option atm..."

why not do both? find neighborhoods you like and ride 'em. Lots of places go under the radar, not listed in major websites, sold by owner...you'd want a neighborhood you can ride in, what better way to find that out? Much better feel for the neighborhood than driving it.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/