Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 965 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 46586591595596196296396496596696796896997510151065 ... LastLast
Results 14,461 to 14,475 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune06 View Post
    YAY! My B68 Imperial came in!
    Cool! Pics when you put it on??

Electra Townie 7D

Kitsune06 Guest
    We went for a toodle in the park further than I expected my sitbones to be happy with... I wore out before my butt did, which is a good sign.

Here's Sunny all dressed in her 'tank girl' outfit (aka the "omg-don't scratch my paint" special)
    Sorry 'bout the plastic bag but I'd put proofhide on and then thought "do I wanna wipe it off and waste it or just stick a bag on?" the PH was all rubbed into where my sit bones sat by the end, so yay for multitasking.

Out on my toodle I went way back in the woods (yay sorta-cyclo tires!) and picked some big leafy dandelions to steam for dinner.

I'm having a heck of a time just sitting here @ home after getting the news from X.

Kit - I LOVE your bike!

Electra Townie 7D

Kitsune06 Guest
    Thanks! It felt SO good to be out today!!!

edit:
    Steamed the dandelions. EEEEEEk. Wow. Uh. Wow.
    SO glad X got me seaweed salad for dinner to go w/ the eggrolls instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune06 View Post
    Thanks! It felt SO good to be out today!!!
    Heard that! I'm still gingerly riding loops around the neighborhood, but I can't stop... every day when I get home from work I hop on my bike and take off.

Electra Townie 7D

Kitsune06 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    Heard that! I'm still gingerly riding loops around the neighborhood, but I can't stop... every day when I get home from work I hop on my bike and take off.
    I know, right? I've been dying to get out but holding back because I was worried about the fork (it's an air fork and I had no idea how much air was actually in it, having sat for a while, but also, I'd never checked it. so I dunno if the shop had, either) and the mtb saddle I had on it to do trainer miles really sorta hurt, so I figured I'd wait 'til I had my ducks in a row to go out. My saddle and the all-important little air valve adapter for my fork BOTH came in today, so I took it as a sign and headed for the bike path.

That is excellent!

I swear this stuff is addicting, a month ago we had one bike in the garage, today we have four... and I talked with a friend at lunch today about possibly buying her road bike.

Electra Townie 7D

Patriots Day in Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by DebW View Post
    Did your town have a Veteran's Day parade? My son marched with the Middle School Band on Veteran's Day and they ended at the cemetary for a memorial service.
    Yes the town did have a Veterans day but not a parade. The wreath laying was actually in honor of Patriots Day- April 19th "the day of the shot heard around the world", the Battle of Lexington and Concord, the shooting of several patriots by the British red coats on Lexington green etc. and were laid in memory of the first patriots (whose names I am not remembering in a moment of mental pause) who died in the Battle of the North Bridge in Concord.

So yes it was in honor of Veterans, just not on Veterans day.

Probably far too much information.
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Just got back from the job fair. While most of the jobs (and there were plenty) were either working with kids or in places too far for me to consider/horrible commutes, I think I might have found one. It's in a clinic exactly like the one i am doing my internship at, but in a small city that is right next door to the town I used to teach in. It's a no stress drive *and* I estimate it's maybe 4 miles south of my old school... hence I could ride my bike. My school was 13.8 miles and maybe half a mile south of there I could get on a path that would take me directly into the down area where the clinic is. It's probably at the outer limit of a do-able commute, in terms of miles (17-18?), but since it's a flexible hours job, I could still do some riding during the day, as realistically, I might only commute once or twice a week. The woman and I hit it off and she said they need to hire someone "yesterday."
    Keep your fingers crossed.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Fingers crossed for you Crankin!

Electra Townie 7D

Kitsune06 Guest
    Good Luck, Crankin'!

Home sick today. I guess I get to work on workbook stuff before midterms monday. :P

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    These days I'm sorta getting more in the mood to hop on my bike for quick trips into town. It's only 1 mile round trip...but there is a steep 1/4 mile hill going back up to my house, so I actually get a little bit of a workout each time i go out. Plus i can swing around a few blocks or even go a couple miles more to the next town and back just to make the trip longer before heading back home. Depends on my mood and my schedule for the day. Usually i walk to town or take the car if I have to buy heavy stuff. But nowadays I'm enjoying jumping on my bike for small errands again, especially now with the rack and bungee cords on my Rivendell.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good luck Crankin!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by BleeckerSt_Girl View Post
    These days I'm sorta getting more in the mood to hop on my bike for quick trips into town. It's only 1 mile round trip...but there is a steep 1/4 mile hill going back up to my house, so I actually get a little bit of a workout each time i go out. Plus i can swing around a few blocks or even go a couple miles more to the next town and back just to make the trip longer before heading back home. Depends on my mood and my schedule for the day. Usually i walk to town or take the car if I have to buy heavy stuff. But nowadays I'm enjoying jumping on my bike for small errands again, especially now with the rack and bungee cords on my Rivendell.
    I put this basket on my old Schwinn yesterday, just so I can errands on her.

Electra Townie 7D

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    I put this basket on my old Schwinn yesterday, just so I can errands on her.
    That's a practical looking thing! What color did you get?

I used to have two panniers hanging on my rack...but they actually added weight and I wasnt filling them up with purchases. So I took them off and I just have the rack with two big bungee cords, and a little roll-up tote bag snapped on the rack. That seems to be just the right arrangement for me, for picking up a couple of things in town.

Once I put 25 lbs of groceries in my panniers and between that and the 35 pound bike w/rack, it was pretty unpleasant getting up the hill to my house. A bit much!
    Now my goals are a lot more do-able for me.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^