Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 936 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 4368368869269329339349359369379389399409469861036 ... LastLast
Results 14,026 to 14,040 of 17465

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

It's my day off, it's going to be 60 degrees, and I have a cold!!!
    I have to miss my first group ride of the season, which conveniently is starting right by my house.
    Oh well. It's an excuse to miss class tonight. I have to get better for tomorrow night. It's restaurant week and we are going to my favorite place in the North End.

Hll and Back

I'm happy to report having had an idea "stolen". Remember when I proposed a bike ride "To Hll and Back", or maybe it was "Hll on Wheels"? Well, I mentioned the idea to a neighbor (the guy who invented "Trampe" [Stomper] the bike lift: http://www.trampe.no/english/), who mentioned it to the local chapter of the national bike club ... and next weekend they're gonna do it http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=327417146729 The head of the chapter sent me a special invitation to join, but it's still snowing out, too cold for me to ride. No way I'll be in shape for this by next weekend. It's 26 miles each way, and some serious hills Still ... if the sun is shining, if it's warmed up by that day, if my guts are in a good mood, then maybe, just maybe I'll tag along as "pigtail". After all, I can always cross-train the hills, and I can catch a train back.
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

Dumb question

Hi all, I've signed up for a charity ride and put a link to my fundraising page in my signature. If I want the link to say something like "my fundraising page" instead of the literal url, how do I do that?
    2014 Bobbin Bramble / Brooks B67
    2008 Rodriguez Rainier Mirage / Terry Butterfly Tri Gel
    2007 Dahon Speed Pro TT / Biologic Velvet
    1998? GT Rebound / Serfas Gel

Quote Originally Posted by NbyNW View Post
    Hi all, I've signed up for a charity ride and put a link to my fundraising page in my signature. If I want the link to say something like "my fundraising page" instead of the literal url, how do I do that?
    No dumb questions.

Type in "my fundraising page" or whatever you want it to say.

Then select that text and click on the WWW link icon above the text box (the one that looks like a globe and two links of chain).

Insert the URL in the box that pops up and click OK.

If you want to be sure of it, click Preview Signature and try the link from the preview pane to make sure it works.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

urgh

I hate photoshop, scales (map) and computers..Thank goodness for smart architecture students in the computer/plotter lab...

It looks like i'll now be riding a red Titus..but not sure when..Interesting developments on that end Gotta love distributors...

Thanks, Oakleaf!

It is snowing heavily and gusting 40 mph winds. This is really sapping my motivation today. To do anything.

----
    Edit: this morning I was motivated to go out and buy a Kurt Kinetic Road Machine.
    Last edited by NbyNW; 05-04-2010 at 10:16 AM.

july

Nby-I hate to tell you this but when i lived in Edmonton, we used to get snowstorms in July....

Those were the days...

When DH got home tonight, I told him Christmas came early so I bought the trainer.

Christmas in July? No sweat.

New A/C system

Kills the vacation budget for this year, but I'm a proud owner of a new central air conditioner / gas heater system for my house. Had to replace the former system as it's been repaired to the extent of it's life span. In this part of the muggy deep south, and the architecture of my house (ranch, not high ceilings), one just doesn't do without air conditioning .

So now all I need is new patio furniture, an icy drink, and the vacation will be at my house!
    Beth

air

Enjoy the air con! I guess down in the swampy south you need it!

Speaking of Evap air con...

There was a large industrial fire in a Perth locality this morning and I found something a bit off in one of the news reports I listened to. FESA (fire & emergency services Western Australia www.fesa.wa.gov.au) suggested that people in the area close all thier windows & turn off any evaporative air conditioning.

It's not summer, it just rained & we have nice cool temps...why would you have your evap air con on??? Why would they mention the air con at this time of year?

Odd..very odd... I had to laugh...

Hey you guys! Long time no see! I was hoping for some Floyd discussion, but can't find anyone, but I thought I'd just say hi while I was here. Hi!
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Quote Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
    Hey you guys! Long time no see! I was hoping for some Floyd discussion, but can't find anyone, but I thought I'd just say hi while I was here. Hi!
    Welcome back!! (I changed user names - was CA_in_NC)

I'm surprised there's been no Floyd discussion - I'm disgusted. And I'm not sure what the benefit of trying to smear Armstrong is to Floyd. I actually thought he (Floyd) was clean
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

bike

OoooooooooooOOOOoooooo Hey Hey Nanci!!!!

I received news today that my new mtn bike bike bike bikeeeeee's on the way.!!!! Weeeeeeee...

Now to complete 4 assignments... within the next 2 weeks...

Oh joy, my fri night reading's going to be "the city of cockburn's R codes" (r codes-residential codes...) as we're to do a response for a planning submission..

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Hi there Nanci, good to see you here!
    Lisa
    Our bikes...OurBikes...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    Ruby's Website and My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^