Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 901 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 4018018518918978988999009019029039049059119511001 ... LastLast
Results 13,501 to 13,515 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY

To disable ads, please log-in.

We FINALLY have had several beautiful sunny days in a row. We managed to paint our kitchen porch- which had been sanded and prepped SEVEN WEEKS ago before the rains started.

Trying to catch up now on my weeding and gardening and outdoor chores. It's beautiful outside! All that rain sure makes me appreciate lovely weather now.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We cleaned out our garage this morning. We sold our old tandem to one of Thom's coworkers a couple of weeks ago. Today another one of the guys in his group bought Milo, my MB1. He's says he'll keep the name. It's a beautiful bike, but once I stressed out my knee, I couldn't get him set up right to not irritate it.

We've got lots of errands to do this afternoon - drop off hazardous waste, buy me some new running shoes, ship off some stuff, pick some rock for the front yard...

Busy day!

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I did a one hour mentor led training walk this morning. I was home, showered and ready to go by 10:00, I like that. Quick trips to Target (Tar-zhay!), CVS and Pet Food Express. Chloe is now well stocked with kibble and cookies.

ahhh

Ahh... I love singletrack..The trail I rode today reminded me a bit of Woodhill in Auckland..sweet singles It made coming home to work on my assignment a wee bit more pleasant.

I just found out that a good friend in Phoenix died suddenly yesterday. I am absolutely numb. There are things I need to do today, like go to the grocery store, but all I want to do is curl into the fetal position and ball my eyes out. Not that it will change matters, or bring Yehudah back.
    Beth

(((((((((Beth)))))))))

I'm so sorry about your friend.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Oh, Beth, I'm so sorry about your friend. Unexpected deaths are very difficult (lost my mom that way). Maeve, Fiona and Margot send you big furry golden retriever hugs. While not as special as hugs from those three, I send you a hug too.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Sorry, Beth. Many years ago, I woke up to the headline in the Sunday AZ Republic describing the brutal murder of one of my former colleagues. While no death is wanted, the sudden aspect of it was horrible. The last time I had seen him was about 2 months previously, when he came to my younger son's naming ceremony, and my final image of him is him holding my 2.5 year old on his lap during the service...
    We took our canoe out for the first time this year... just a nice quiet paddle on a local pond, with a picnic lunch. Since it's not sunny out, there were no jet skiers on the pond, which was nice. But, when we were unloading our gear from the car, a bunch of guys on ATVs came barreling through the very hilly, rocky parking area, rode between our car and the next one, and went up a steep hill, like 3 times. I told them to "get a real bike."

oh

(((Beth))) I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Take care of yourself, you're a good woman.

We have a heat advisory here, starting at 2 PM. Since that is the time I usually ride to the farmer's market in the next town, I decided to be good and I just came back from a walk. The heat index is supposed to be over 100 and it is really humid. There's a severe thunderstorm watch, too.
    Although we did have a couple of 90 degree, Arizona like days in April, the heat here is always accompanied by humidity. Thankfully, it will be gone tomorrow.
    I am going to drive to a closer farm stand and then kick back in the AC.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    Ahh... I love singletrack..The trail I rode today reminded me a bit of Woodhill in Auckland..sweet singles
    Me two.

Yesterday, Bubba took me on a side route I'd never tried. Today I'm floating on air because I rode a really long half pipe with the trough getting deeper and deeper. The last 4 swoops were 10 ft deep with nearly vertical sides.

The ol' brain is finally not shouting at me and letting me really RIDE!

Had a small lie down in a manzanita bush (a la DirtDiva) but that was from going in too hot to handle the bank on the tree at the top rather my normal too slow and scared. Yippee!
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

uh oh

Our company arrives next weekend ...At least we're going to visit a coolio place we've been meaning to venture to for a while.

http://www.menzies.wa.gov.au/tourism...e_ballard.html

What is it with the weather forecasters? They say for sat-a chance of showers..What that really means is=we have no clue but we'll say showers because that's what the weather's been like lately...

At least the trails have had a chance to dry out these past few days Can't wait to do some dirt time tomorrow aft..

Hello all. How's life been treating you gals??

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    Hello all. How's life been treating you gals??
    Monday, my 15-yr old kitty, Herald, was diagnosed with uncontrolled diabetes. Today was day #2 of insulin shots. Fortunately he doesn't argue too much. I just wish he was feeling better, poor thing is still pretty wobbly.

But the weather is perfect for cycling - very NOT August weather. So why am I in the office? Waaaah
    Beth

Beth - Bummer about your kitty, hope he feels okay otherwise.

We've had bizarre here as well, only a few beastly hot days and the rest of the time it's been perfect!