Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 843 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 343743793833839840841842843844845846847853893943 ... LastLast
Results 12,631 to 12,645 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Tuckerville, I've stayed at The Sterling Ridge Resort before for winter time fun which is near Smuggler's Notch in Jeffersonville, VT. I wouldn't call it cheap non-touristy but it is bigger than a tent and very comfortable. I just looked at weekly rates for log cabins. Their off season rates are very reasonable but it is defined as March 29 -May 24 2009; Oct. 25 - Nov. 24, 2009 and you said September. Up there, their foliage season rates begin September 25. So if you are there before then you would be under summertime rates. It looks like you could get a Studio cabin for $880/week or a Standard cabin for $950/week. The cabins are very clean and comfortable, all have full kitchens with microwaves and dishes etc. All have bathtubs and shower, and either a wood stove or gas fireplace for heat, queen-sized beds and all have porches with Adirondack chairs. I stayed in the Studio cabin and it was very cute, quiet, and romantic. There is a lodge on the premises but the cabins I think they are far enough away to keep you away from all the hullaballoo if that's what you want. Don't know your finances but maybe camp for one week and cabin-it for two if you can't find much cheaper.

Oooh, Craftsbury sounds lovely. I shall investigate. Thank you!

Karen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    insidious ungovernable cardboard

That's a good idea, Mudmucker. I just get tired of cooking all my food outside--I can handle it for a week or 10 days, but after that, I need some cable TV and running water at my fingertips! Hubby is thinking of joining me for a little while, and I could get a cabin for then. Thanks!

Karen

2 days without a post? GASP!!!!!

Must... drift.. thread....
    Sunny as usual here. hope it's the same with you all.
    The only unusual thing was that I read my hometown paper. It said an 82 year old widow had died in an apartment fire. name withheld.
    Mom gave me a scare, as she was in the garage.

I miss Starfish
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Got me an iphone today. Kinda intimidating. Now everyone (all three of us!) at my very small company has iphones. I don't know if that will make us work more efficiently, but we can geek out together over apps. Or something.

my son came over for dinner! we had razor clams. then for dessert i made shakes with my bike powered blender.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

I'm in the living room of my son's house, waiting for his son to be born! Happy happy joy joy!

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckervill View Post
    I'm in the living room of my son's house, waiting for his son to be born! Happy happy joy joy!

Karen
    wow THAT is cool. keep us posted.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Karen
    any news????
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY

Karen

Wow, that beats what we're doing! Congrats!! Is this your first grandchild?
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is it a home birth or you were just at the home? My husband's cousin wanted to home birth but her doctor husband nixed the idea because he was too concerned on what could go wrong. I thought that was funny since he is trained to deal with such things. Of course he is a neurologist resident and I guess it is pretty daunting if it is your baby.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

No baby yet! It's our second. I'm in a hotel with his 3 yo big brother right now, giving mom a rest, because yes it is a home birth. Her first child was born at 30 weeks (said 3 yo), and it was an emergency c-section, so she's never actually been in labor before. SOOOO, it's like having a first child. It's taking a LONG time. But she's not laboring too hard. I expect to hear about the door having opened a little more very soon. Probably speed up as the afternoon wears on. Labor started yesterday around 10.

Karen

Haven't been here for a while...actually been working at work!

Have spring fever. We have had some chilly weather (yep, here in Florida)--it is perfect out today....I need to get out....
    katluvr

It's absolutely lovely here, despite the snow. Had a dr's appt, so I got an early escape from work. When I got home, I took Fiona for a nice long walk in the sunshine and warm air. Both of us were loathe to come back inside.

Now if the snow would go ahead and melt already.