Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 785 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 285685735775781782783784785786787788789795835885 ... LastLast
Results 11,761 to 11,775 of 17469

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Whoa Salsa, what night was it you all went up to Top of the Rock? We were there Wednesday the 26th. Maybe we saw you guys!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

We were there that night! Around 5-6 pm. Now THAT is funny. If we had only known?
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

yep

Salsa-yep it was me who mentioned The Black Balloon.. What did the NY Times say about it?

http://movies.nytimes.com/2008/12/05/movies/05ball.html

It was more of a descriptive review. The reviewer seemed to think it was well done but didn't really say anything evaluative.
    Last edited by salsabike; 12-06-2008 at 03:54 PM.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike View Post
    Just for your entertainment, a couple of NY pics. The first one shows the back of my coat against the architecture of the Guggenheim Museum.
    Fabulous, fabulous photos. Thanks so much for posting them!
    "The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we might become." Charles Dubois

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike View Post
    Just for your entertainment, a couple of NY pics. The first one shows the back of my coat against the architecture of the Guggenheim Museum. For some reason, I found that juxtaposition entertaining. As you know, I am easily amused. The second is Chris' $20 picture of NYC at night. $20 because that's how much they charged to let people go up to the building's viewpoint. He asked me if I wanted to come along and I said something like "I'm not paying $40 to those people for one $%($%^U# lousy aerial view picture", so I stayed on the ground and watched the ice skaters at Rockefeller Plaza. It IS a good picture, though. The third is a picture of an especially gorgeous bowl at the Museum of Art and Design.

Attachment 8094

Attachment 8095

Attachment 8096
    salsa...love the photos!!... in fact, i think we should all post photo's... c'mon everyone, let's see where you live... let's see your journey's on your way to work everyday. c'mon... give me something to think about other than the breakup...haha... 4 weeks one day today post break-up... and I'm doing better... sorry to make this about me
    if you don't like sewing, you haven't found the right fabric

Break-ups...it'll get better, chicago. You'll get through it and it'll get better.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago View Post
    salsa...love the photos!!... in fact, i think we should all post photo's... c'mon everyone, let's see where you live... let's see your journey's on your way to work everyday.
    Hmmm....here's my view on my way to work every day (I work upstairs in my office, at home).....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kitty-desk-1small.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	186.9 KB 
ID:	8100
    Lisa
    Our bikes...OurBikes...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    Ruby's Website and My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Great way to get a new picture of Ruby in!

Hugs and butterflies,
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

Lisa, those are furry kitty puddles! Very sweet. I had to give up my kitties after DH became allergic. Now three golden retrievers let us live with them...

Those dolls by your monitor. Do they come to life after you go to bed?

doggie

VB-Do your doggies rule the house?

In regards to the dolls by lisa's monitor, one of them is Ruby. She's famous for all the wrong reasons in Rubyland! Be warned, she's evil to the other girls who inhabit the house!!!

I recall an incident where she pushed a new girl Edith (Lisa what are thier names again) down the stairs. Poor clara was in a rollerskate though

Lisa, when will we see more tales from Rubyland?
    Last edited by crazycanuck; 12-07-2008 at 02:39 AM. Reason: It was edith..

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    It's never too late (or too early) for Drambuie
    I try to hold off until after breakfast - hence my reaction on the link the photo thread. Had I been suitably fortified it would have been no problem.

Salsa - GREAT photos.
    If it's not one thing it's another

Of course, the goldens rule the house! This morning, for example, there would be no peace until I took Maeve and Fiona for "walky walks," which I was loathe to do since there was some black ice on the roads/side walks. Both behaved quite nicely, though, even though Fiona did insist on taking the leash in her mouth and walking me (this is the norm). The benefit is that they are now sleeping, pooped. They'll perk up when it's time for their lunch.

Dogmama (if you read this), I know, I know. I was reading "The Loved Dog" and trying to incorporate some of Tamar's teachings!!

wow, I love the NYC photos and the kitty photos.
    I'll share a cloud photo I took on Friday from my street at dusk

Last edited by Biciclista; 12-07-2008 at 06:26 AM.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    wow, I love the NYC photos and the kitty photos.
    I'll share a cloud photo I took on Friday from my street at dusk

biciclista... what kind of clouds are those?!!! do you see those often? holy cow... they look like funnel clouds to me. If we saw those in Chicago, we'd all be running I have honestly never seen clouds like that here in Chicago... pretty cool
    if you don't like sewing, you haven't found the right fabric