Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 757 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 257657707747753754755756757758759760761767807857 ... LastLast
Results 11,341 to 11,355 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

whoops

To disable ads, please log-in.

Uoppps..whoopsie..It's from Midnight Cowboy..

What line was i thinking of from Taxi Driver...

GAH..now i'll just have to watch both again...

Ya get the High Plains Drifter then ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    how's she doing Pax?
    The surgery went perfectly, the doc is very pleased!! I was going to stay the night at the hospital but the folding chair was a bit much (actually too little) and she's sleeping like a baby in her lovely morphine haze.

I'm having a root beer and relaxing a bit then off to bed so I can be back there by 6am.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    What line was i thinking of from Taxi Driver...
    "You lookin' at ME???"

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    The surgery went perfectly, the doc is very pleased!! I was going to stay the night at the hospital but the folding chair was a bit much (actually too little) and she's sleeping like a baby in her lovely morphine haze.

I'm having a root beer and relaxing a bit then off to bed so I can be back there by 6am.
    Ah, that's nice, Pax. Good news.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Salsa beat me to the Taxi Driver quote -- ya know, I don't think I've ever seen that movie all the way through.

Glad things went well for your honey Pax. Is she on a self-administered drug pump? I loved mine when I was in the hospital

//my only concern with the TD thread is things getting stupid crazy out of hand. I have no idea if the thread size impacts the TE forum software, hmm. Anyway, drift on.

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post

Glad things went well for your honey Pax. Is she on a self-administered drug pump? I loved mine when I was in the hospital
    Yup, even sound asleep and drooling she had that little button clutched in her hand.

Now THERE is a romantic vision. I love it.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    Yup, even sound asleep and drooling she had that little button clutched in her hand.
    Oh yeah......

There were about six of us post op the night after my surgery; you could hear each time someone hit their button, usually two-three times in a row. Nice and quiet, then "beep beep beep" which would trigger the next person to hit their button...and the next....

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    To start a new drift?
    No, to delete the old ones.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

joke

I heard this on the radio..don't shoot the messenger k..

A dude rings an airline to book a ticket.
    Employee asks "Who'll be joining you on your flight"
    Dude-"I don't know, it's your airplane"

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    No, to delete the old ones.
    They'll be available in a coffee table sized book "The Best of Thread Drift" with companion matching CD of comic out takes. If you call right now for a $400 donation to your local PBS station you can get these along with "The Four Tenors sing the best of KD Lang"

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    //my only concern with the TD thread is things getting stupid crazy out of hand. I have no idea if the thread size impacts the TE forum software, hmm. Anyway, drift on.
    I really don't think any drift on TE or any of the discussion groups I'm on for that matter has ever gotten stupid crazy out of hand. Unless one thinks changing subjects is stupid crazy. But that's the point of drifting.

We waste so much energy on other threads batting people down for changing subjects. "OMG, you're talking about something else!" and everyone who mentioned the other subject apologizing for hijacking a thread and gradually getting back on track .... One of my first posts or it might have even been my first on TE I hijacked a post to talk about my namesake bike which had just been stolen and got the. "Go start another thread we're talking about ______ here" treatment.

Maybe we were talking about bike locks on the original thread so it was soooo off topic.

It's kind of liberating to have somewhere you can grab a cup of coffee, sit down and just randomly chat with friends.

Call me wild, stupid and crazy but sometimes we need that in this world.

It's never been exclusive, all are welcome here. C'mon over, sit down and drift.
    Last edited by Trek420; 11-14-2008 at 06:15 AM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

happy friday everyone (unless CC beat me to it)

Pax I'm glad she's on the mend.

I am looking forward to another day at work.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Morning CC and Mimi! I have no hot water this morning. Argh. Not a great way to start the day.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

no hot water!
    I can see you boiling great pots of it and filling the tub in the kitchen. wait!
    you have to go to school.
    doesn't sound good. I hope it's a temporary problem like a momentary power outage instead of the more ominous failing water heater!

Please don't tell me you're taking a cold shower!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Just back from Oslo. Again. Akshully getting near caught up at work Aaaaannnnnd ... without letting the cat entirely out of the bag ... While meandering in Oslo yesterday I bought a wedding gift for a couple'a newlywed cyclists in the fambly. Question is, is it belated and so should be delivered for opening on December visit, or is it early and should be kept until May?
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    no hot water!
    I can see you boiling great pots of it and filling the tub in the kitchen. wait!
    you have to go to school.
    doesn't sound good. I hope it's a temporary problem like a momentary power outage instead of the more ominous failing water heater!

Please don't tell me you're taking a cold shower!
    Hubby relit the pilot light. Luckily it heats up fast Just had a quick shower. Bad hair day averted!
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast