Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 681 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 181581631671677678679680681682683684685691731781 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,215 of 17465

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Queen,
    How very odd indeed. Were you supposed to quit your current job, and hope the CEO in SF liked you? Very strange. Also, asking you to drive to ORD sounds very off. I am glad you went with your gut and declined the offer. I am sorry things become so bizarre. Something better and more organized will come along.
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Knott - The other job I'm pursuing is at the local university, I'm REALLY hoping it works out now that I said no to the other one! *fingerscrossed*

BMo3 - Every single email that crossed my screen got more and more odd...the driving to ORD one was pretty much the last straw since it only costs another $120 round-trip to fly to the airport here?

Electra Townie 7D

queen that is odd. good choice though. i'm keeping my fingers crossed for the other job!
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Sounds like you're better off without them - they'd be a pita employer. Hope something better crosses your path soon.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

Queen I am keeping my fingers crossed that you are offered other job.
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Thanks for the words of encouragement everone! I'll keep plugging along and the right job will show up when it's time.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Queen View Post
    Thanks for the words of encouragement everone! I'll keep plugging along and the right job will show up when it's time.
    I agree, Queen, the right one will be there when it's the right time. This happened to me almost a year ago. The emotional roller coaster getting there was a bit tough.....I think this is the right job....they turn me down. repeat. etc. Of all the jobs I applied for I can unequivacably say, I got the right one! YAY!

You will too!

Hugs and butterflies,
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

Hey Queen, ya did the right thing. I'm from California and your story has red flags all over the field (in the spirit of the Super Bowl that I don't care about ).

We're "mellow" but that ain't mellow. That's just plain strange.. disorganized.. and really lacking in consideration for people. If this is how they treat their future employees how do they treat their current ones??!

I mean this is supposed to be part of the wedding or honeymoon period and seems like they went down stairs on the wedding night to confirm they really want to be married??

Don't rule us out out here. And CERTAINLY don't just us based on that experience.

Best of luck in your future endeavors and I think this was a good thing.

phew!!

I'm glad that you were able to retract your acceptance. that all sound super weird. I also thought you were applying for a University based job. That was a good part of why I encouraged you. I had a friend that worked in a University library system and loved it.

I hope you get the other job offer. And It probably won't be so scary this time.

Hey Queen - really sorry the job didn't work out but sounds like you had a lucky escape. Better to find out now than after you had burned your bridges.

Hope something better comes along soon.
    If it's not one thing it's another

OMG, I'm, like, hundreds of posts behind the TD times...
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

its ok DD, it happens to the best of us.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

Queen- whew! Narrow escape! fingers crossed for alternate job.

What are elk doing in Arizona? Elk and cactus??

Yes, armadillos jump at _anything_ startling.

Juju! Hi! Doing TOSRV?

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

nanci! so glad to hear your ok down there! you are ok down there right?

good news!

i've "walked" around all weekend without crutches!

bad news.

i get mobility now for a week and a half and then lose it again.