Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 675 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 175575625665671672673674675676677678679685725775 ... LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,125 of 17465

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Queen. relax.
    go through the stuff you have to study and find something that you really don't "get" and read it.

As you take the test you will remember things.. and good luck.
    and if you're drinking coffee while studying, drink it while taking the test too (or drink some right before you take the test)
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbdarby View Post
    OTG, so tell us about this guy and where was the date??
    *deep breath* OK. Well. Give me a moment because my head is still spinning.

The stats: He's 25 (I'm 27). We actually started chatting online because he is moving to my town this summer or so from about 45 minutes away. We talked on the phone for at least 3 hours every night last week before we met. He runs his own business. Never married, no kids.

We met for lunch at an Italian restaurant that has a gluten-free menu. He gave me a present when we met. Sometime during our phone calls, I mentioned I have a favorite scented lotion that Bath & Body Works was discontinuing. He actually got me a candle of that same scent!!! I was blown away.

Oh and he's really cute, too. I have seen pictures, but don't have them saved on my hard drive. Some other time.

During lunch, he was genuinely interested in what I can eat, and kept asking if he didn't mind if he ate gluten foods in front of me, so that was very sweet. We talked for several hours at the restaurant to the chagrin of our waiter.

Afterward, we went walking and just kept talking. At the end of the night, we held hands, hugged and I got a quick peck to say goodnight. Our date was nearly 10 hours of just talking. It was just an amazing connection. I feel like I could tell him absolutely anything. He's a great listener.

A caveat is he doesn't bike, but I'll fix that. He has said he would go mountain biking with me, after we both get mountain bikes. Which is *really* *really* *really* cool because my ex-fiance wouldn't do ANYthing active with me.

We're going to go hiking next weekend. I can't wait!
    Last edited by Offthegrid; 01-29-2007 at 08:09 AM. Reason: typo
    ~ Susie

"Keep plugging along. The finish line is getting closer with every step. When you see it, you won't remember that you are hurting, that anything has gone wrong, or just how slow or fast you are.
    You will just know that you are going to finish and that was what you set out to do."
    -- Michael Pate, "When Big Boys Tri"

well, OTG, that sounds great! take your time and ENJOY!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

OTG sounds good! have fun and good luck!

Queen you'll do just fine. i'll send some good test taking vibes your way.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Kitsune06 Guest
    OTG- I'm so happy for you. It's really, truly rare to meet people you just click with like that; I wish you the very best.

Well, my test was a bit mind-bending. I have no idea if I passed or not but am not feeling terribly optimistic. I went over to the library when I was done and talked to a couple of people and they were astounded at the depth of the test for an ENTRY LEVEL library job, they (both Masters level librarians) couldn't answer some of the questions. Oh well, if I didn't pass I'll try again in a month or so (the soonest I can re-take it).

Hope everyone else had a less mind-bending day.

Electra Townie 7D

OTG-I am so very happy for you. Communication is so very important. He sounds wonderful and more importantly you sound so happy.

Queen-How do you think you did on the exam?
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

BMO3 - Not sure at all, I was completely guessing on 25 or the 64 questions...I've never even seen Library of Congress cataloging (it's not used here) and there were 10+ questions on it alone.

Electra Townie 7D

Queen, I'm sure you did fine!

When you're done with the "good test energy" send it my way, I'll need it on the 23rd.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Hi, popping in for a second with sad news- didn't check to see if this was posted elsewhere. Barbaro was put down today. I cried at work when I found out.

OTG!! Sounds great!

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    Queen, I'm sure you did fine!

When you're done with the "good test energy" send it my way, I'll need it on the 23rd.
    Will do, hope your test goes great! Is it for work too?

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Queen View Post
    BMO3 - Not sure at all, I was completely guessing on 25 or the 64 questions...I've never even seen Library of Congress cataloging (it's not used here) and there were 10+ questions on it alone.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! When will you find out the results?
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Bikingmomof3 View Post
    I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! When will you find out the results?
    They said it'd take a week or so, I guess I better try to be patient. *heavysigh*

Edit - Thanks for being so supportive.

Electra Townie 7D

Nanci - so sorry to hear about Barbaro....

Queen - hope you did better than you think - that's what usually happens.

OTG - a wonderful first date story. Maybe you're going to be "lise2" Keep us posted with the future dates.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

you know what i can't believe is that i forgot to tell you i lost my "moose virginity"!

we were driving back from dinner the last night i was in anchorage and i actually saw a real moose on the side of the road. in the middle of anchorage! it was an amazing sight.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.