Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 61 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465711111615611061 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

KnottedYet "Dear Trek,

If yer workin', how come yer on TE?

I wish my work was like that...."

oh no you don't
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I am going to have to ride a loooonnnnggggg time when I get back. I've eaten way too much food over the past 2 days. We've had pizza 3 nights in a row. 1st night - gourmet pizza....2nd night Papa Johns ...tonight - something in between. Then I had Marble Slab ice cream (chocolate mint with almonds - yummmmmmmm). I feel like such a glut. Tomorrow I sit in the car the whole day. I won't get to ride until Tuesday. I think I'm not eating much tomorrow.

Lise - that's too bad about photo guy. Maybe he's just dense. Either way - maybe there'll be a perfect guy sitting next to you at the seminar.

Trek - what's your job again?

Big kid - passed out on the bed. Little one - still moving around.
    Elizabee (age 5) at the doctor's office: "I can smell sickness in here...I smell the germs"

Just got home from seeing Bonnie Rait and Keb'Mo - man they rock. Hard to believe their ages. Apparently, if rock n roll doesn't kill you young it keeps you young. They were serving some nice wine and the concert and it is such a beautiful evening that we had the top down for the ride there and home. All in all a perfect evening.

Lise, sorry photo guy is being a dolt.

fish, why is that they never manage to pass out at the same time? a question that has haunted parents since the beginning of time.

well, better get off to bed, I am meeting a friend to ride at 7 am.
    Brina

"Truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed; then violently opposed; finally, itís accepted as being self-evident." Schopenhauer

Quote Originally Posted by Brina
    Lise, sorry photo guy is being a dolt.
    I'm sayin!
    Bonnie Raitt is my hero for rocking on. I'll bet it was a great show.
    Sleep tight, one and all. There's one more baby in the world tonight. A fat little 8# 3oz boy.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Welcome to the world, baby!

(don't catch my cold or any variation thereof)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

zzzzzz-rant/long post

Fishdr-i don't know how you keep sane...

zzzz..Crazycanuck is just about out of oomph for the day/weekend...

Sat am..ohhh i got to sleep in..til 930am!!! We were going to go out to jarrahdale(45min-1hr from home) & do some laps on the 12hr (mtb)track but that fell through. We had to book our tickets to nz, get some yardwork done & just blob really...

A bit of a rant kids-
    My mom rang around 930 on sat which was a welcome relief as i hadn't heard from her for a while. She had to go down to the states to help sort my brother out about 3weeks ago......His kids are wonderful & it's too bad they have my brother for a dad. For example, he treats one better than the other & his reason is that's how we were treated when we were younger....i didn't see it that way..I really wonder what planet he was/is on. I refuse to get in touch with him now as he doesn't respond &ya know what-my bro told my mom that i must hate him for some reason as i never contact him...**$%Y$%!!! I keep in touch with my two neices-send them cool stuff from japan/nz/aust but never hear back.

The one thing that ***** me off is that my mom is now taking care of two kids 12 & 7 at aged 60...

I won't go any further..

We went to a wine tasting fundraiser for a young lady who trains with our coach that made it on the Australian team for the world olympic distance tri champs in switzerland in sept i think...I don't drink but hey the food was great!

Today was much better-we went out to jarrahdale & met up with my friend & husband to get some laps in. I had a really annoying headache but went riding anyways-(dehydration, that time of the month..) Renee(friend) & i missed eachother on the second lap as i thought she was going to get some nurofen then join me..I rode about 3k's then stopped & waited for about 10min as thought she'd join me...never did see eachother-she took a wrong turn somewhere but had the sense to turn back. We found eachother in the car park...!!!

Off to wander kids. Have a good sunday.

c

Aaahhhh it's 8am and they're still sleeping We get back in the car today to head home. Luckily the kids are wonderful in the car. After yesterday, I have a feeling they're going to sleep all day.

CC - That's too bad about your brother. You have to wonder what people are thinking sometimes, you know. When I hear my hubby complain about his brother, it makes me not so sad to be an only child. I hope my kids continue to get along as well as they do now.

Lise - it must feel good to bring babies into the world. My 2 were 8#6.5oz (girl) and 9# (boy). The boy did me in. Both were forceps deliveries (came out sunny side up).

I hope you all have a glorious day. Ride an extra mile for me. I'm headed to the shower.
    Elizabee (age 5) at the doctor's office: "I can smell sickness in here...I smell the germs"

morning ride is rained out. boo-hoo-hoo

Lise, it must feel so good to do your job. 8lbs3oz - wow, my boys didn't weigh that put together.
    Brina

"Truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed; then violently opposed; finally, itís accepted as being self-evident." Schopenhauer

Quote Originally Posted by Brina
    morning ride is rained out. boo-hoo-hoo

Lise, it must feel so good to do your job. 8lbs3oz - wow, my boys didn't weigh that put together.
    Funny how much I hated rainy days in IL, now the sun shines (blazes) every single day, all day. I love the sun but wouldn't mind a bit of rain.

Electra Townie 7D

How come everyone gets rain except for the state that really needs it???

I am at work. I am extremely bored. Even though I should be _saving_ money, I just bought a really cute tank top for cycling at Sierra Trading Post. Only $19, though. _And_ I got someone to split my hotel room for the 200k Friday night.

I was telling a friend I ride with the story about taking Maizey (corn snake) out for a walk, and how she moves like molasses. He said that's because she doesn't want to be a wild snake. She's like one of those women who wants to marry a millionaire- she saw me coming a mile away! Today is Maizey's favorite day of the week- she gets fed on Sundays.

I am testing the new Brave Soldier Friction Zone (chamois butter) on Dillbird, on his foot/leg which doesn't have pressure sores, but I always worry about it, and his bare little vent area. It smells good. I wonder if he gets a tingly feeling from it like I do!

Hope all you day off people are having good rides.

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Sitting on my porch in my rocking chair, watching the sun coming through the trees, listening to the birds, feeling the breeze (wearing a tank-top in the shade). Ahhh, wi-fi is a GOOD thing!

Really want to go for a ride, but don't know if I should with this blasted cold still clogging me up. Oh heck, I'll go for a little flat ride. Bikes are like garlic, they cure everything. Right?
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Fagalo (eastern box turtle) are a handful of slugs for breakfast yesterday! Slugs are good!
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

The Funeral

A woman was leaving a 7-11 with her morning coffee when she noticed a most unusual funeral procession approaching the nearby cemetery. A long black hearse was followed by a second long black hearse about 50 feet behind. Behind the second hearse was a solitary woman walking a pit bulldog on a leash. Behind were 200 women walking single file. The woman couldn't stand the curiosity. She respectfully approached the woman walking the dog and said, "I am so sorry for your loss, and I know now is a bad time to disturb you, but I've never seen a funeral like this. Whose funeral is it?" The woman replied, "Well, that first hearse is for my husband." "What happened to him?" the woman replied "My dog attacked and killed him." She inquired further, "Well, who is in the second hearse?" The woman answered, "My mother-in-law. She was trying to help my husband when the dog turned on her." A poignant and thoughtful moment of silence passes between the two women. "Can I borrow the dog?" "Get in line."

Went to the farmers market today - as usual, I bought too much. Oranges, apricots, teeny little japanese eggplant, summer squash. A wonderful gazpacho, a nice salmon filet and some tilapia filets. Guess I'm cooking dinner almost everyday this week. Oh I forgot - the tricolored bag of little potatos - yukon golds, reds, and purple!

Now to decide....salmon or tilapia tonight?

WHIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEE

I'm stuck in bed again. Dang cold! Can hardly breathe, can't stop coughing, nose is a mess.

I need to go for another bike ride!

My bike is calling to me.... "ride... let's ride.... nice day... you don't need to breathe... just ride"

or maybe it's just hypoxic hallucinations