Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 52 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556621021525521052 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Good morning ladies! I did it! I had a successful ride with the new pedals! I LIKE THEM!!!!! My dismount at the house was...uh...less than graceful. All I have to say is chain tatoo. Lots of people walking by. BUT - I didn't fall

And this was also my first time in cycling shoes. Wow they cool your feet off. My feet were always so hot before. As soon as I got out of the driveway I was thinking - wierd, my feet are cool. I love the helmet, too - good venting. Encountered a dog - gave good chase - yelled at him and he went back home. Whew! My legs were shaking after that for a minute.

Lise - Congrats on the good date! Sounds promising! Good restraint on the kissing. When's the next date???

Lise, I am happy to hear that the dates are going so well. I think you are now officially juggling. I used to love first dates - I know some people don't, but I really enjoyed them.

Nanci, you are always the woman with the info. I have learned so much from your posts - thanks for the loctite info.

fish, you get that job you definitely deserve new shorts.

I have been a shopping machine the last week - I really have to stop. I have bought a new pair of cycing shorts (my favorites were on special at TE), a new pair of running shorts, a running top and a new tennis outfit. The tennis outfit is completely impractical since I can't wear it at the place I play the most - they have a whites rule for the courts, trim can be colored, but the majority of the outfit has to be white - so I can only wear it for away matches. I really have to stop shopping.
    Brina

"Truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed; then violently opposed; finally, it’s accepted as being self-evident." Schopenhauer

Brina, what are your favorite shorts?

Lise, Loctite is pretty easy to find at any hardwear store, and I bet even Target.

I found out about the water bottle cage screw the hard way- search for my post called Bizarro Ride for the full story!
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Quote Originally Posted by Nanci
    Brina, what are your favorite shorts?

shebeest triple S. I like shorter shorts, but not really short, plus the chamois just seems to really work for me. I answered your post about shorts on the apparel thread about what I tried before getting to these - not as long of a list as yours.
    Brina

"Truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed; then violently opposed; finally, it’s accepted as being self-evident." Schopenhauer

I tried the Shebeast Elite Distance 2 before the Sugois, and thought I'd like them, but the way the panels were put together in the back wasn't flattering on me, though the Trashy Cats are put together almost the same, and they are fine...I like the Sugois chamois way better (than the Shebeast)- it's perfect.

I still would like to just _see_ the LG Wicked Expensive chamois, though...(In person).
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

CC - I voluntarily changed that sig line in the interest of protecting the more delicate-natured members of the TE forum who find thinking outside their comfort zone causes deep emotional distress.

Nanci - Thank you for doing all this chamois testing for us! (you did it just for us, right? We ARE the center of your universe, aren't we?) Your clothing reviews carry a lot of weight when I'm considering buying stuff!

Lise - I'm in healthcare now. Good for you exercising restraint on that first date. Keeps 'em interested. (don't think I've ever actually had a first date.... nope. always dated friends I'd known for months. being so cautious probably ruined my fun...)

My wetsuit is lying on my rocking chair. i MUST go swimming this morning. Then I'm going riding with another Team Survivor chickie. I ate all the chocolate again. Bought a Lara Bar mole' to eat on the ride. Sounded good. Contains chocolate...
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

KN--have you tried the Maya bars? They are made by the Lara bar people, but they are based on chocolate! whew. Heaven in a wrapper.

fishdr--yea! First-ride-post-crash is behind you. I think the dog was just a bonus to let you show how strong and brave you are. Glad you like the shoes and helmet so much! L.
    Last edited by Lise; 06-18-2006 at 08:57 AM.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Lise

There's a message for you up in Raccoon!! ;-)

Nanci

There's a message for you up in Raccoon!! ;-)

Nanci
    Thank you! Yeah, if you want me to read something in another thread, post about it here!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Lise, glad to hear the date went so well! Do you know what Loctite is?... Nanci
    Nanci, I just re-read this, and it cracked me up. I'm sure you see the A.F. (amusement factor) in the juxtaposition of those two sentences.
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

I didn't see that at first - that's great!

Hey- at least I recommended the removeable type, not permanent!! (Later, when she chooses between the two, she can apply permanent Loctite!!) (Oops, I just caught the typo, for once before I posted, of Loctiti!! Hehehe-I'm so immature that made me laugh!!) (I need that to keep them from sneaking out the bottom of my bra!)

In other news- did I tell you guys about the wren dilemma? Wren in truck, with eggs, BF wants to drive truck, I call him a murderer, he drives anyway- I check on the bird today, she has laid a new egg in a different section of the nest, and is FURIOUS that I am checking on her, and scolds me loudly from ten feet away on the tree, even after I have left the area. I think I am going to go look for a wren house, and see if I can get her to switch over, and then move the house to the tree that the truck is parked under. Put nest in house, blocking hole. House is on long rope. Gradually raise house up to the tree! Doesn't that sound like it might work??

Lise - Maya bars are the best, aren't they? I use them to fuel my sunrise weekend rides--the coffee and chocolate give me a jolt, and they taste wonderful. Seem to have good staying power, too, probably because of the nuts.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet
    CC - I voluntarily changed that sig line in the interest of protecting the more delicate-natured members of the TE forum who find thinking outside their comfort zone causes deep emotional distress.
    Obviously I don't have a delicate natue - no idea what prior sig you could possibly be referring to. Or perhaps I just have a bad memory.

Nanci - your wren plan sounds good to me, but I know nothing about such things so, um, yeah...
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

Wren relocation...and other stuff

So...BF is not a murderer, but wren has her suspicions about you? You may be able to sell this story to TV. Does your plan involve picking up the current nest and putting it in the wren house? Do wrens ever attack human beings? How long does it take wren eggs to hatch? Do wrens ever get rabies? You absolutely get the "Best Friend to Furry and Scaly and Feathered Creatures" award, Nanci.
    And where else can you ask this question: Why do we get that sudden falling feeling when drifting off to sleep? I was napping, only to be wakened by Isaac the cat demanding admission to the bedroom. I let him in to snuggle with me, drifted back asleep, and had that abrupt feeling of falling, startled in the bed, flung my arms out, and Isaac just shifted and purred and snuggled in closer.
    Loctite appears to have so many uses! I'll pick up a bottle today! The hot, sticky weather means not only do I need to shower three times a day, but I wash my bras that often, too. One application of Loctite post-shower might solve the whole bra problem, period!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock