Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 499 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 399449489495496497498499500501502503509549599999 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

OTG-I think spending the holiday bike part/accessory shopping would be fun!
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Under Armour

Does anyone know if Under Armour ever goes on sale? I have 5 people addicted to UA and since I am Christmas shopping I was hoping to find a sale.

While on the topic-any idea for stocking stuffers for my guys?

Bets on when the garage door people will actually ring back?
    Jennifer

-Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Under Armour? is that like deodorant?
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

as for stocking stuffers for your guys, I still buy my sons toys if i find cool ones.
    they're grown up but they're still boys.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

LOL. No, it is not like deoderant. UA is wonderfully comfortable clothing for working out in or just lying around the house. http://www.underarmour.com/ShopUSAHome.cfm
    Jennifer

-Mahatma Gandhi

-Aristotle

The medical ID I ordered, thanks to MP bugging me (you really did not bug me, rather reminded me nicely ) arrved today. I had no idea it would look so dainty. It is pretty. Now the sport one looks just like I thought it would. Now wherever I go, I am covered.

On top of new jewelry, a SmartWool top I bought from Lise arrived today. It is a gorgeous Cayenne colour, size medium, and no back fat shows. YAY! I am a happy girl.

Now if the garage door people would just call, my day would be complete.
    Jennifer

-Mahatma Gandhi

-Aristotle

I hate my job.

I wanna work at REI and get paid just as much as I get now. (though I'm considered "low income" by the City of Seattle charts, so maybe I should wish for MORE money than I'm getting now) I wanna go back to school. I wanna buy a house. I want a fabulous career that isn't gonna trash my body and my hands.

And I want it all NOW.

Today I am not a happy little worker bee. I'm stingin' mad. I want out of this job. (though i do love the work, just hate the job today.)

And this little bee wants her honey...
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 11-20-2006 at 11:40 AM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

look what google found

Being bored at work today, I googled my name and found (among 10 pages of hits) the following article from MIT's "The Tech" newspaper of November 14, 1975. I'd almost forgotten that I can claim to have won a bike race, even if it was only college intramurals. And the only reason our team won was that all the good cyclist were riding as individuals that year (may have been the first year of the race). We were the only team that rode as a group (we actually had 4 riders as a friend of mine rode with us throughout). It was pretty funny to hear the jocks on campus acting incredulous that my frat, Epsilon Theta, could have won the race, because we were not known as a jock house. But at the time, cycling was kind of an anti-jock sport. The name of the individual winner of that race, Gary Klein, should be familiar to many of you (see http://www.kleinbikes.com/ ). The only thing I remember about Klein was that you didn't lean your bike against his Colnago.

PAGE 8 FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 1975 THE TECH

Tuesday afternoon, Epsilon Theta edged Baker House by just eight seconds to win the IM Cycling meet. ET's team of Paul M '78, Terry M '77, and Debra W '78 combined for a 4:50:37 time (taken by adding the times of the three Cyclists), finishing 14th, 15th, and 16th, respectively. The Baker entry of Rich K '77 (1 :32:10), Jesse A '77 (1:35:55), and Tom G '76 (1:42:40) came up just short, with a total time of 4:50:45. Student House placed third in the living group championship with a time of 5:03:35, with DTD a fourth in 5:10:57. Gary Klein won the individual championship, completing the eleven-mile Cambridge-to-Wellesley course in 1:22:35.

[eleven miles has to be wrong - probaby an OCR error converting the old print article]

I'm trying not to thing about tomorrow's colonoscopy. But it will be over by noon.
    Last edited by DebW; 11-20-2006 at 12:29 PM.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

you're good, Deb, you managed to get that at the top of page 500!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    you're good, Deb, you managed to get that at the top of page 500!
    It's a the bottom of page 250 for me because I set my prefs to 30 posts per page. Saves on paging time lags.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

Hi Thread Drifters! I made an effort at getting caught up, but no doubt missed important details that will come back to haunt me.

For example: Nanci, who is Z? Are you a member of the New Snake A Day Club? Girl! I can't keep up! They all look healthy and pretty.

The weekend in Galena with J was so wonderful. We had a great time doing stuff and not doing stuff--I just enjoy being with this guy, and he enjoys me. We spent time in town on Sat, then went hiking in the State Park on Sunday. Moderately tough trail, hiked up to a scenic overlook of the Mississippi River. Drove back and hung out on his couch eating Thai food and watching MI-3 (very fun). Spent one last night together before the week got started. Now I'm at the hospital from 10AM-10PM tonight. I have two patients on the way in for induction of labor, so the next six hours and 45 min of call may be busy. Or not. Who can tell?

On Friday, before leaving town, I mailed packages to BMo3, OTG, and CC. Jennifer--I cannot believe that you got yours the next day in Ohio! Stuff doesn't get delivered that fast in the same city!

Back to work, greetings to all,

Lise
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Lise,
    Wow, that was fast delivery, must be a record for my mail carrier. Now I own a SmartWool t-shirt and I know I wear a medium.
    I am SO happy for you and J. You to deserve all the best life has to offer. Now go bring some new little ones into the world.
    Jennifer

-Mahatma Gandhi

-Aristotle

Happy 500, TD!

Quote Originally Posted by Bikingmomof3 View Post
    OTG-I think spending the holiday bike part/accessory shopping would be fun!
    Actually, going to bike shops is very, very, very stressful for me. Virtually everything I have was bought online. I'm very self-conscious about my weight, and several different shops in the past have been extremely less than helpful and one was downright rude.

I'm in a different state now, though, and I need to get a new crank before spring (I can't change it myself), so gonna have to face the music sooner or later. In fact, I'd rather visit the dentist than a bike shop. Even the mere thought of having to go in there makes me extremely nervous.

In other news, I have to help my brother and sister-in-law pack up their house tonight. They are moving tomorrow, actually slightly closer to my apartment. Now, who on earth doesn't hire a mover for a three floor, 3-bedroom house and then moves on a weekday?
    Last edited by Offthegrid; 11-20-2006 at 12:45 PM. Reason: forgot sumthin'
    ~ Susie

"Keep plugging along. The finish line is getting closer with every step. When you see it, you won't remember that you are hurting, that anything has gone wrong, or just how slow or fast you are.
    You will just know that you are going to finish and that was what you set out to do."
    -- Michael Pate, "When Big Boys Tri"

Quote Originally Posted by Bikingmomof3 View Post
    I am SO happy for you and J. ... Now go bring some new little ones into the world.
    Hee hee ... had to re-read that last part there.
    ~ Susie

"Keep plugging along. The finish line is getting closer with every step. When you see it, you won't remember that you are hurting, that anything has gone wrong, or just how slow or fast you are.
    You will just know that you are going to finish and that was what you set out to do."
    -- Michael Pate, "When Big Boys Tri"

Quote Originally Posted by Offthegrid View Post
    Happy 500, TD!
    Actually, going to bike shops is very, very, very stressful for me. Virtually everything I have was bought online. I'm very self-conscious about my weight, and several different shops in the past have been extremely less than helpful and one was downright rude.

I'm in a different state now, though, and I need to get a new crank before spring (I can't change it myself), so gonna have to face the music sooner or later. In fact, I'd rather visit the dentist than a bike shop. Even the mere thought of having to go in there makes me extremely nervous.
    Oh I am sorry you had bad experiences. I did here as well, only it was because we were not has wealthy as some of the regulars. Ugh. It is frustrating, but you know what? it is there problem.
    You look, to me anyway, beautiful as you are. If anyone is rude to you, they shall need to answer the TD!
    Jennifer

-Mahatma Gandhi

-Aristotle