Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 1165 FirstFirst 1234567814541045041004 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

PS, Maizey ate 'em both- dried to perfection with Puffs Plus.
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Okay, just because I'm morbid and wanted to know... According to rodentpro.com they use CO2 to euthanize the mice. That makes sense, you want to be humane and you don't want something that will endanger the snake or whatever is having lunch.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    Okay, just because I'm morbid and wanted to know... According to rodentpro.com they use CO2 to euthanize the mice. That makes sense, you want to be humane and you don't want something that will endanger the snake or whatever is having lunch.

V.
    I always figured they gave 'em a good whack. Huh.

We should probably have an entire section on the board for "drift"!
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

I figured a whack would not fly with the humane police. Plus it wouldn't be very cost efficient to whack them individually. Can you imagine having that for a job?! Sadly, I think I actually have a few students who would think that was a cool job - Head Mouse Whacker.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

"Head Mouse Whacker. "

looks good on the 1040EZ.

well, now I know what to do if attacked by mice on a ride, break out the CO2.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I used to work with mice during a statistics class...
    We were testing thier ability to learn/perform after having brain surgery.
    I was the lucky person who got them out of the cages every day for 2 months and made them swim in a maze.

I don't want to go into great detail, but let it suffice to say that it was

N-A-S-T-Y!!!!!!!!!!!

So, really thread drift is like free associaton???

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    I figured a whack would not fly with the humane police. Plus it wouldn't be very cost efficient to whack them individually. Can you imagine having that for a job?! Sadly, I think I actually have a few students who would think that was a cool job - Head Mouse Whacker.

V.
    The cost efficient thing is true. The humane police--it's funny--you're killing them so snakes can eat them... makes me think of a scene in one of those two movies about the Dalai Lama that came out at the same time years ago, where the monks were frantically saving earth worms at a construction site.

I had little lizards as pets many years ago. They ate crickets. Occasionally a cricket would escape, and we'd have chirping throughout the house until it reached the end of its natural life. Fortunately, that's not very long!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfullySo
    So, really thread drift is like free associaton???
    And the best part is, this is the triathlon board. So I guess we've just scientifically proven who are the athletes with the loosest screws on the TE board!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

aren't crickets good luck??

I don't have ADD- I am just misunderstood. Hey!!! Look at that chicken!!!

About 20 years ago I worked in a lab which used fresh mouse eggs. Like, really fresh. The researcher would take a live mouse and hold it on the table on its tummy, put her thumb on the back of the mouse's skull, wrap the mouse's tail around the index finger of her other hand, and....

Lets just say I think of her every time I pull a light switch cord or a ceiling fan cord.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

My boss is the coolest boss ever. See the Daffodil ride thread in OT.

I am lovin' my job today.

No mice.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Lise "And the best part is, this is the triathlon board. So I guess we've just scientifically proven who are the athletes with the loosest screws on the TE board! "

I was wondering about that, why it's here. So do we randomly move the thread drift to other sections from time to time?
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

But if we intend the move, is it random? On a quantum-mechanical string theory of the universe level, what IS random? What would Brian Greene do?

Speaking of books (yes, I was! Really!!) I'm reading "The Woman with the Alabaster Jar" by Margaret Starbird right now. Very interesting.

If I'm stretching my hamstrings while meandering through the TE boards, does that count as my triathlon workout for the day?

Anybody know why only tall people seem to have Sevens? I love the way Sevens look, but I have yet to see anyone of my height (and let's face it, diameter) on a Seven Does a short round gal stand a chance?

Crickets

When I was a kid, my sister was in school out in Berkeley, and when I went to visit, I got a little cricket cage made out of bamboo or something, from China Town. I had a series of black crickets that lived in it. They ate dog food.

Now I have store-bought crickets that live in Russell Junior the Glass Lizard's tank, and they even reproduce a bit. They eat expensive store-bought Cricket cubes, that look kind of like orange Clif Bloks!

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson