Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 1165 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

KnottedYet "it's a Kona....I grew up just outside Ferndale WA, where KonaBikes is based."

I suppose Mossbikes would not have the same ring to it But wait, that's our weather here in CA.

"Got my nose ring to behave again."

It's a shame when good nose rings go bad. I wanted a tat' but was afraid I couldn't get it to stay put.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet
    I bought sexy new biking gloves today. Purple and gray. Two of my favorite colors.
    OK, how are biking gloves sexy? Do they have a sheer back?

BTW, I love Stitch. He was sooooo evil, before he turned good.

This thread is doing a remarkably good job on staying on the topic of thread drift!

I just put my new Selle SMP Strike TRK saddle on my bike (Slinkedog's famous "happy tushie" saddle) it looks a little goofy, but I'm looking forward to trying it out this week...

It's gray and freezing cold today, and threatening showers tomorrow. This weather is the pits. Those few sunny days were a total tease.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerz
    It's gray and freezing cold today, and threatening showers tomorrow. This weather is the pits. Those few sunny days were a total tease.
    Z, it's cloudy and icky here too today. Realllllllly nice Sat and mostly nice Sunday. Funny now that it's cloudy again, I'm INSTANTLY crabby and blue.

Here's hoping you get some nice weather so you can try out your new saddle.

We've had the opposite. Super sunny - which is good unless your fair-skinned as I am) and sweaty hot! It was around 90 and humid yesterday and today. Living is the south is good in the winter. You forget about how hot summer will be. Too bad we don't ever get a spring season. We go from winter straight into summer.

I don't have a long chin hair, but I have a really long hair on my right forearm - in and amongst the freckles.

Speaking of shoes, I ordered the 2005 Shimano Sandals. I hope they get here in time for Tour de Forts Sunday!! I hope I like riding in sandals! I can see the advantage in rain.
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Last night (with the help of a large bottle of Red Hook Extra Special Bitter) I got the computer onto the Dew and got it calibrated, fixed the problem with my bar-end mirror, and re-re-readjusted my saddle.

Beer is brain food!

So this morning on my commute to work I will know exactly how SLOW I am and exactly how far it is. And my boss the totally hot bicycling goddess (I'm pretty darn sure that's her in those pics from the Daffodil ride in Open Topic) can stop telling me to fix my saddle as I wheel past her on my way to my parking spot in the back of the building!

Yes, I tried to adjust it last week. Yes, I totally goofed it up but I was gonna be late to work if I didn't leave RIGHT THEN. Important lesson learned: don't try to do fit adjustments as you are leaving to ride!
    (do 'em with a bottle of beer in one hand instead! )
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

First egg due to hatch tomorrow!! Or possibly today! People are posting on the eagle forum that they have heard peeping from inside the egg, and chipping noises!! This morning, Mom looked like she was having a conversation with it- talking in very soothing tones.

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

I know that there are other bird cam posts hereabouts, but I kept forgetting to post this one, which I've been watching every year since its inception.

I really like the bluebirds. They will nest thru early June, if I remember correctly.

And this one used to just do peregrine falcons, but they've been branching out over the last couple of years (cam links are on the left).

I'm spoiled- I only like streaming video now...

Nanci

I'm In Love

With the attending on Grey's Anatomy that Intern Grey slept with in the first episode. He looks kind of like a younger, better-looking Sean Penn. I am really enjoying this series.

Nanci
    Last edited by Nanci; 04-25-2006 at 04:35 PM.

So if there are no paper towels in the house, how am I supposed to dry off the mice that I am thawing in hot water? Toilet paper???

Nanci

Hair drier? They'd have nice fluffy fur
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Do you have to dry them? How do they kill the mouse before it gets frozen?

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I don't want to know the answer to that question...

But, I want to go on record as saying, if I ever donate my organs, I want it to be a time of joy, not of sadness...

Nanci

Watching Grey's Anatomy, probably had one too many glasses of Sauvignon blanc...