Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 165 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265665 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

It is 30 degrees cooler today. YES!!! Yesterday when I left the clinic, it was 102. This morning, when I left the hospital, it was 72. Blessed be.

The cats are livelier. They've been lying around looking like semi-melted cats. I came home and opened the windows and turned off the AC. I'll leave it on in my BR while I sleep, mainly for white noise.

Oh thank God this heat broke! I am a weeeeenie when it comes to heat.

I took my new running shoes back to the New Balance store--too small with the orthotics in them. The owner recognized me, remembered my name, and told his assistant which shoes to bring out immediately. I had met him *once*, a week ago, when I bought the first pair. Talk about inspiring loyalty! Plus which, he's got a 2 yr old Border Collie named "Sassy" who brings the ball back over and over again, if you'll keep throwing it!

Now how's this for completely unnecessary, yet totally cool: New Balance is the "official shoe" and clothes and all for the Chicago Marathon. So behind the counter they had a display of running shoes with the marathon logo stitched on the shoe, and the race course printed on the insole! So cool!
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen
    chick - does the ferry stop anywhere near you? That is one of my dreams, catch the ferry in Juneau and just go where ever it takes me. I'd need a few months at least....

**off to buy a lotto ticket**
    the m/v tustumena comes in twice a month this year on fridays. only runs through the summer though. the tusty comes out of homer and goes down to dutch harbor and back. stops here for about 2.5 hours and continues on. your more than welcome to stop on by!

any luck on that lotto ticket?
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois
    Boy do I feel like a LOSER!! I have the HEAT on right now!
    your not a loser. i have the heat on all year round. make ya feel a bit better?
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

MP, they usually start out with more sizes- but the more they discount things, the more the middle sizes are gone. That shirt had been there for months before I bought mine, and then the XLs were gone for a while, but then came back in the blue, so I got that, too. You really have to watch that site frequently.
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

I'm kinda glad they never have my size - that way I don't spend the money! I'm sure Mr. Fish is happy about that

Nanci - did you ever notice how those 30F temp drop fronts never seem to make it down to us???
    Elizabee (age 5) at the doctor's office: "I can smell sickness in here...I smell the germs"

Quote Originally Posted by fishdr
    Nanci - did you ever notice how those 30F temp drop fronts never seem to make it down to us???
    That's OK, fish. It also drops 30 degrees overnight in the winter. Like, from 35 to -5. My home town....
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

I came home a couple days ago, and the AC wasn't even on! Freaked me out! We drop 20 overnight, usually. Stuck in the low 90's for a while now. They say FLorida is missing out on the heat wave because the ocean wind keeps the weather from getting stuck on us. Apparently, more people die when it stays hot at night because they never get to recover.
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

I've seen 60 degree temperature fronts in Maine. +40 to -20F in 12 hours. I was camping at Mt. Katahdin in February 1980. What kind of fronts do you get up in Alaska, CWR?
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    I think you're confused. You're MP not ML.

I need more coffee.

V.

Nice one!!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by chickwhorips
    your not a loser. i have the heat on all year round. make ya feel a bit better?

Um.... NO! You live in ALASKA!!!!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by DebW
    What kind of fronts do you get up in Alaska, CWR?
    ahhh weather....

lets see where i live its quite different then the rest of alaska. im smack between the pacific and the bering, so who knows, we get pummled from both sides. we are the second windiest city and the #1 cloudiest (sorry seattle you have nothing on us). oh what a suprise, i look out and its windy and cloudy.
    we never get cold like interior alaska, but we never warm up either. our high for last month was 64 on two days, otherwise it was low to mid 50s. the rest of the month. i'm having a really hard time picturing 80-100+ anymore.
    we get most of our storms from japan. whatever major storm that hit there, its gonna hit us. winter time is our really bad time for storms. anyone ever see Deadliest Catch on the discovery channel? those are our storms.
    any time of the year, if it blows from the north COLD and snow out of the south warm (for here) and rain. the lows hit us and just like to stick around for a few days, leave and another one follows, no rest.
    i could go more specific into this (bf is weather person) but i won't bore you. simply put: we don't have the best weather, but when we do, the whole town is out enjoying it!

We drop from mid to upper 90's to mid 70's overnight, too. However, it seems like it just tickles mid 70's and then starts right back up. Oddly enough when I was in St. John's it was hitting 100F at home and then dropping to mid-upper 60's at night. The pool was cool. Most unusual for July! Our AC (now that's it's behaving again) is running under 10 hours/day. When we only hit low 90's during the day it will only run 4-5 hours. I attribute some of that to the nifty thermostat. Soon it will cool down - right???
    Elizabee (age 5) at the doctor's office: "I can smell sickness in here...I smell the germs"

Quote Originally Posted by chickwhorips
    anyone ever see Deadliest Catch on the discovery channel? those are our storms.
    Mr. Fish and I watch that show! Brutal weather! I'll think warm thoughts for you. How cold does it get in winter?

Mr. Fish and I watch that show! Brutal weather! I'll think warm thoughts for you. How cold does it get in winter?
    last year our lowest was -2, its a damp cold and windy too.

i can walk around in town when its 0 without a jacket, but here if its under freezing it seems colder than that!

Quote Originally Posted by Nanci
    Apparently, more people die when it stays hot at night because they never get to recover.
    That makes sense to me. The asphalt and the brick buildings just hold the heat, and you never cool off. It's like living in a kiln.

+40 to -20 in 12 hours sucks.
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock