Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 164 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 641141541601611621631641651661671681742142646641164 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

TE TD tree hug

To disable ads, please log-in.

My brother installed solar, it's a great thing to do.

But I own a condo, I'd need permission to install anything on the roof, even on the storage shed.

Since a girl can always ask I'm asking the HOA, we'll see how they respond. Stay tuned as MWBR.

People here have huuuuge TV antennae, satelite dish, helipcopter landing pads .... and here I go doing the whole being nice thing, asking permission first.

Meanwhile there's compact flourescents, getting estimates on dual pane glass (really need to do that) and of course, I bike to work at least one day a week.

I saw on a film about indigenous people that all we'd have to do is just inflate our car tires to the proper pressure would save more oil than we would ever get out of the Arctic refuge.

I try to eat local and or organic whenever I can, basicly non organic fertilizers and pesticides are petrulium based so it's kinda like you're eating oil.

I recycle of course, I'm involved in getting AT&T to recycle the envelopes of our correspondences (folks write us...a lot) even bill payments, even the stamps go to Charity (the Easter Seals, that's a long story).

What do other TE'ers do?
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

My mother called me last night and started the conversation with "I don't know why you don't get central air conditioning." Doesn't she understand that there's a connection between air conditioners, energy use, and global warming? And maybe energy independence and international relations? Sheesh! Comfort isn't the only consideration in life.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

air con off

This past summer we only turned our air con on three times....The rest of the time we had our fan on and drank alot of water...

The times we actually used the air con were when it was 38c+ & freakin humid....

I undewstwaand dear...

Mr & mrs greenhouse gasses are creating havoc...Not good when the Kyoto protocol is being ignored....

c

My uncle's 5 bedroom house is run entirely by a solar panel the size of a queen mattress and one windmill. It has never been hooked up to the grid. He's been there for nearly 30 years, but every time a new meter reader gets that route he has to take the meter reader on a tour of the place because they are always freakin', thinking he's stealing from the grid.

When all his neighbors lose power, they come to his house for meals and showers and to get warm/cool.

Why don't the aid groups help folks use solar panels in Iraq? I keep seeing things about how aid groups are trying to get gas for the portable generators and folks only have power for an hour a day, etc. One little panel with a couple storage batteries (smaller set up than my uncle's) could easily provide 24hrs worth of electricity. Would the panels get broken too easily or something?
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I agree with you on the AC to a point. When you live in a place with high heat and humidity - AC prevents mildew from taking over the contents of your house. Or if you live somewhere like AZ - I think the contents of the house would start melting We keep ours set fairly high (warmer than anyone else that I know in town) and hold out as long as possible to turn it on and turn it off as soon as the temps come out of the 90's.
    Elizabee (age 5) at the doctor's office: "I can smell sickness in here...I smell the germs"

Fish is right- where I live, my house would mold into nothing quickly without AC to remove the humidity. You should see the outside of it- it turns green (like solid green) within a year of being pressure washed back to normal white.
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

You know, I was just talking about this at the pub last night. (Air con, not mould.)
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

Boy do I feel like a LOSER!! I have the HEAT on right now!

We don't have A/C - there are a few weeks out of the year when we'll pull out a fan. It got to the mid 90's inside our house a week or so ago (I was working at home and actually wished I was in the office!). But now the fog's back and it's COLD in here. I figure I'll get it up to about 65 and then shut it off. I promise.

Sorry.

And I can't even go SEE Al Gore's movie because I completely believe in global warming and am sick about the disappearance of the glaciers, etc. And if I go see that movie I know I will not be able to sleep.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

cute top

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/261,13564_.html

My second favorite top is on sale SUPER CHEAP if you're XXS or XL...

I have both colors, both are pretty.
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

I really wish they had more size options at Sierra TP. How about an M or an L folks????
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

I think you're confused. You're MP not ML.

I need more coffee.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

MP, you could have just stayed with us last night. For as cool as the evening was, a sheet only was plenty. The Delta breeze definitely quit.

I can't watch Al Gore's movie or Fahrenheit 911 either. I'd just get so angry and then have nightmares.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck
    Hey Snap-did you know that davinci's inquest is based on Vancouver's coroner? (something like that)

I've been out of the country for son long that i've never actually seen it...Would love to though...(perhaps this is another item my dad could bring down .....)

c
    Yeah, it was based on the coroner who is now the mayor of Vancouver. Eventually the coroner in the show becomes mayor too and they change the show's name to Davinci's City Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck
    Hey Snap-did you know that davinci's inquest is based on Vancouver's coroner? (something like that)

I've been out of the country for son long that i've never actually seen it...Would love to though...(perhaps this is another item my dad could bring down .....)

c
    Yeah, it was based on the coroner who is now the mayor of Vancouver. Eventually the coroner in the show becomes mayor too and they change the show's name to Davinci's City Hall.

That's a two-fer-one deal... Not sure how I did it.

barb