Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 151 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 511011411471481491501511521531541551612012516511151 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by fishdr
    Lise - tonight FishJr said she wants to be a "person that helps get babies out of the woman's tummy". I kid you not, that's what she said. I thought you'd like that! She also wants to be an astronaut. So - she'll deliver babies in space!

What brought that on? How cool! And who knows what we'll be doing on the space station when she is old enough to be a midwife or doc!
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

When I was little I wanted to be a ballerina-astronaut.

I still kind of do.

wine

CWRips-I'm happy to ship you some wine to Alaska-it'll have to wait until October though. PM me.

Lise-have you tried eating the sides of the tim tams off & drinking coffee through??

de deo deoeooeoe

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck
    Lise-have you tried eating the sides of the tim tams off & drinking coffee through??
    HMMMMMMMMMMM! Tomorrow AM! Too late to drink coffee now! But I did have a Latte Tim Tam as a treat when I got home from work today. I must develop this new coffee drinking through a cookie skill...
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

rugby

ARGH...rugby game's on tonight & i have noone to watch it with....I don't want to be the lone chick at the pub watching the game...

ON the subject of book stores-Down the street from where I work there's a well respected non fiction bookshop that i love... They're hiring & the same salary as i'm on now. I am a bit leery of working at a small firm due to the new Industrial Relations law here in Australia but would love to work with books.

Ian supports me in applying for the position but am I nuts to work in retail?? Great hours(830-5pm..can't complain) & might help me in the near future as i'm seriously thinking about submitting an application to enter the Masters in Information Sciences (under library studies) program at one of the main uni's here....

thinking....c

Hi all, I'm back from my trip to Osoyoos where it was about 105 degrees every day, and, uncharacteristically, rarely cooled down below 90 at night. Despite the weather, a week on the beautiful lake beach was great - had good times with good friends, drank lots of wine, and margaritas, and shmirnoff ice and...

Nanci - the area where I was camping is almost a desert - summer temps are usually around 100 degrees but it's very dry. In Kelowna, about 2 hours further north, it's usually a few degrees cooler but our summer average temps are around 80-90 degrees for about 6 weeks with little, if any rain, unless there's a thunderstorm.

Anyway - I had to get up early to ride my bike because it was so hot, and ta da - I managed to do the entire 8 km Anarchist Mountain climb WITHOUT STOPPING once! I honestly didn't think I'd be able to do the whole thing without a break but I kept plugging away and made it to the top. The guys - ok, we're talking "old" guys in their 50's - have a top time of 35 minutes and I did the ride in 40 minutes for my first time! I was so stoked. Last year, I wouldn't even consider doing the ride - I could hardly ride the 5 km into town. What a change. Erik was great, he did the ride with me and stayed behind me the whole time so I felt very supported but not pressured. It gave me the strength to keep going. I am feeling very empowered now and can't wait to keep working at it so I can actually ride with, and stay with, the guys next year.

The other ride I did was a 50km rolling hill round trip to the next town. I actually did it last year on my old beat-up mountain bike. I'd never done any ride over 5 km and I thought I'd die slogging up what I thought were never-ending hills. I had to stop 2-3 times each way and it took us forever to get back to the campsite. This year Erik and I did the trip in well under two hours and managed to maintain a 32 km/h average on the trip back. Again, a huge change in my ability from this time last year.

So now I'm off to unpack and do laundry... Can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight, in my air-conditioned bedroom...

ogo pogo

Hey Barb,

Doesn't the ogo pogo live in osoyoos? Oh, I have friends there as well(no relation to the ogo pogo though...) but haven't heard from them in years. I'll have to track them down & send them a postcard.

Lise-i found this link for you...(tim tams)-go towards the bottom of the page & 'the info you need is there....

http://www.stopdesign.com/log/2005/1...-tim-tams.html

c

I just went and put my TimTams in the frig so they'll be ready later for a TimTamTorpedo!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Lise

What brought that on? How cool! And who knows what we'll be doing on the space station when she is old enough to be a midwife or doc!
    I have no idea, but in the car the other day she asked me how the baby gets out of the woman's tummy. I almost wrecked. I told her I needed to pay attention to driving and we'd talk about it some other time. How on earth do you explain how a baby is born to a 4 year old? Especially a very perceptive one. Yikes!

I tried out my new SS smartwool socks today - they're even good in the summer! My feet only felt a little tingly (from the wool) when I stopped and they got sweaty. I like them!
    Elizabee (age 5) at the doctor's office: "I can smell sickness in here...I smell the germs"

So much bad stuff in the world. One of the women shot yesterday in Seattle is a member of my church triathlon team. I was already very upset about the shooting, then to find out someone in my "social world" is one of the victims has me just sick. I can't picture her (very big church, and I've been training with the Team Survivor team) but I am freaked.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Hey Barb,

Doesn't the ogo pogo live in osoyoos? Oh, I have friends there as well(no relation to the ogo pogo though...) but haven't heard from them in years. I'll have to track them down & send them a postcard.

Ogopogo actually lives in Okanagan Lake, here in Kelowna. Personally, I think Ogie's just a couple of waves crossing each other but hey, if he brings in the tourists... Who are your friends? Maybe I know them....

b

Lise-i found this link for you...(tim tams)-go towards the bottom of the page & 'the info you need is there....

http://www.stopdesign.com/log/2005/1...-tim-tams.html
    c
    Hey, that store is down the road from me! I'll have to go check it out.

KN, so sorry to hear about the shootings in Seattle. Keeping you all in my thoughts.
    fish--one of the important things about explaining birth to kids seems to be to stress that these things happen to grownups, not to kids, so they don't get worried that this will suddenly happen to them. I don't have kids, but I've talked to a lot of people, including kids, about how babies come out. We could PM if you want my thoughts! I'm sure you'll find a way that's just right for Miss Fishjr.
    The TimTamTorpedo worked! Whoo-hoo! And you do have to cram the cookie right in your mouth after one swallow of hot coffee. It goes from cold and hard to warm and mush very quickly. But PLEASE tell me that each one does NOT have 390 calories! The label says 390k for "energy". No way that means calories. Oh please, oh please...
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Sorry Lise

k= kilocalorie - a unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water by one degree at one atmosphere pressure; used by nutritionists to characterize the energy-producing potential in food
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Quote Originally Posted by Nanci
    k= kilocalorie - a unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water by one degree at one atmosphere pressure; used by nutritionists to characterize the energy-producing potential in food
    kilo...so we divide by 1,000, and each TimTam has 0.39 calories? SWEET!

uhmmmm--somehow I doubt my math just the tiniest bit. What is the relation between kilocalories and calories? (you'd think I'd know this, with two degrees in health sciences. Snicker away. I invite you. I deserve it. But this knowledge seems to have fallen into a deep crevase in my memory.)

Nanci, are you working, making that sweet overtime money?
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock