Quote Originally Posted by smilingcat View Post
Woo hoo to Trek and to withm!No more fighting the rush hour traffic. Or having to show up when not feeling well. YES. Sometimes, I think work is way overrated.

Now enjoy life!!
Rush hour was not bad as I retired from a job within 3 miles of home and on a bike trail! But show up when not feeling well? Yes.

I have sometimes thought if I'd kept my seniority when I started back with. this yiuge union company, I would have enough time off that taking mental health days, staying home when I feel bleh would not be a problem.

Also if I'd kept seniority I would have always had the shift I can bike commute with. But we have odd luck at chez trekknott and that's not what happened.

We JUST got sick leave in WA and before that the system is: if I am sick I call out sick and I'm paid. If I do that too often I'm fired. So when I had my seniority and 6 weeks vacation + 10 personal days off + holidays + as much unpaid time I can afford ... if I was sick I took vaycay.

Anyway I came here, lost all seniority, and at 5 years when I got it all back I decided to start to use up my vacation and then consider retirement that we'd planned.

I think it was only a couple days in when I knew "nah. I'm not coming back. This is it."

I am looking for a low key part time job but don't want full time ever if I can help it. I'm kinda burned out.