Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1143 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 1436431043109311331139114011411142114311441145114611471153 ... LastLast
Results 17,131 to 17,145 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am so lazy. I have so much to do around the house. Cleaning, last bits of unpacking from vacation, laundry, attacking the piles of stuff in my closets and packing it up in preparation for the new floor installation that I hope will start later this month or next month. So of course I stayed up super late on Friday night watching things I had dvr'd during vacation, then slept late on Saturday and spent most of the day on the couch. Yesterday I went for a long bike ride and then had more tv watching. Today I slept late again and am still planted on the couch.

I'm okay with a certain amount of sitting around doing not much at all because I think it helps refresh my mind and mood. But I think I'm going overboard here.

I guess I can at least do some laundry...

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I'm going to whine.

I've got a sinus headache that sudafed and tylenol and heating pad and neti pot aren't doing a thing for. I've had more sinus headaches in the past year than I think the rest of my life put together. I know I need re-tested for my allergy shots (which can't happen until after a frost), but this isn't the symptom I used to get when my allergies were uncontrolled. I have so little experience with headaches that I'm a complete wimp about them.

On top of that I apparently let myself get dehydrated. Anyway I've been nauseous all day, which dehydration is usually the cause of that, and we've certainly been having dehydration weather. If it weren't for the headache I'd be able to push electrolyte solution a little better. I've been trying, but I can only hold a little down at a time.

Waaaaaah. Thanks for letting me vent.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

That sucks, Oak. Hope you catch a break soon, sinus stuff seems to make everything harder, like you head won't cooperate at all.

Electra Townie 7D

In my never ending quest to not stay too healthy.....I had a severe allergic reaction a couple nights ago. Woke up with my hands and scalp itching, then realized my hands were swelling and red. Looked in the mirror, my face was swollen, my lips were 3X normal. Got really scared when I could feel my lungs getting affected, drove myself to the ER at 1:30 am. They took me in right away, gave me IV fluids, steroids and some kind of antihistamine. I've evidently developed an allergy to Benedryl! I took one 25 mg tablet at midnight, because I couldn't sleep. An hour later all hell broke loose.

Now I'm on prednisone, a H1 histamine blocker and a H2 blocker. I'll be going to an allergist for testing, and lucky me, I get an epi pen. Wheee.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    In my never ending quest to not stay too healthy.....I had a severe allergic reaction a couple nights ago. Woke up with my hands and scalp itching, then realized my hands were swelling and red. Looked in the mirror, my face was swollen, my lips were 3X normal. Got really scared when I could feel my lungs getting affected, drove myself to the ER at 1:30 am. They took me in right away, gave me IV fluids, steroids and some kind of antihistamine. I've evidently developed an allergy to Benedryl! I took one 25 mg tablet at midnight, because I couldn't sleep. An hour later all hell broke loose.

Now I'm on prednisone, a H1 histamine blocker and a H2 blocker. I'll be going to an allergist for testing, and lucky me, I get an epi pen. Wheee.
    Wow snap.

Do allergies develop/worsen with age? I wonder.. about that.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Snapdragen- YIKES!!! Glad you're feeling better!

Oakleaf, that does indeed suck, hope you feel better soon!

Pax - I just saw your post and I totally get it. While I didn't get a new knee, I also did not get as much relief from my knee surgery as I had hoped. My physical pursuits have narrowed greatly but I'm really thankful for what I can do. I've figured out my boundaries for both and I stay within them but it's taken months to start making peace with it all.

Interestingly enough I've also added art to my knitting and reading, I've taken up drawing again for the first time in 25 years. Not color, for some reason I find graphite to be far more satisfying - which is odd as I love vibrant color.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Snap, that must have been very scary! Amazing to imagine one little Benedryl doing that -- especially when it is an ANTI histamine. I thank the gods I'm not allergic to it, as I take it whenever I get a lot of itchy bug bites. You were very smart to get to the ER. Eeeeek!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Hope you are feeling better, Snap. That is really scary!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post

Holy cow! I wonder which ingredient in the Benadryl was causing the problem. I hope the allergist is able to help.

Best wishes also to Oak, I hope you're feeling better.

Gone but not forgotten:

I am feeling better. It's so weird, I've taken Benedryl or other meds with diphenhydramine in them for years, to help me sleep. No more - it's all getting trashed. I'll live with insomnia. I've had a number of friends tell me they know of someone who developed an allergic reaction to the same drug.

Good lord, Snap, glad you're feeling better.

I just want to move into a padded and hermetically sealed bubble for a while, let all the allergies, asthma, aches, and pains GO AWAY! Anyone else want into the bubble?

Electra Townie 7D

This has been a wild week, especially with unexpected expenditures. Last weekend my 8 year old Sony Vaio Desktop died and I replaced it Monday. Today I went to have my car inspected as I've noted some odd vibrations when braking at higher speeds...come to find out my front rotors are warped. Brake PADS are fine (go figure, I thought the two were always connected but that isn't the case these days). I'm sad for my shrinking savings account BUT at least I do have it!

Pax, I want that bubble as well, and can we put my car in it for a time?

The parts arrive Monday so they will give me a loaner for the day - thankfully someone else is driving on tomorrow's hiking trip.

It's super hot here today so I'm wearing a summery skirt -- white with a blue beachy-palm tree pattern.

Several hours after arriving at work I notice I still have grease on the backs of my legs from yesterday's bike ride.

Yes I cleaned them with Wet Ones after the ride and soaped them up in the shower. Still managed to miss a couple of spots. Oh well, most people here know how I spend my weekends.

Gone but not forgotten:

Made me LOL, NY!

Electra Townie 7D

I just need to complain for a minute...

This was supposed to be a relaxing summer off for me. I re-start class in a week, and this is the last major break I get until graduation (3 years). On his birthday in late June, DH got hit by a car while riding his bike. Hotel valet driver's fault. The hotel isn't covering it (despite saying they would) - the car owner (who wasn't driving) has to. He will be fine, but has just now stopped having to use bandages. So - I've been dealing with insurance companies. We went to Ireland for a vacation (complete with healing road rash). We had the worst flights ever coming home (10+ hour delay in NYC) AND TSA did some major damage to our Bike Fridays (broken light, shifters, brakes, paint damage, case damage, cable damage). We have filed claims with the airlines, our travel insurance (definitely not worth it - I do not recommend Allianz), and MasterCard. Hopefully someone will pay - but honestly I'm not holding out much hope right now. As soon as we got home, I got sick (gee - could have had something to do with sitting in airports for 10+ hours). It's my last week off, and I can't rest (to get well) or do anything productive - because someone is currently angle grinding out the grout in our master bath - because someone before us skim coated it and it was flaking off. UGH!!

(I do realize I'm lucky and my DH is OK, I have a nice house, and I got to travel at all - but this is kinda pushing all my buttons with stressors at the moment).

Not to mention - I can't even go for a walk to get away. Our current heat index is 116. Boo.
    Last edited by Blueberry; 07-25-2016 at 09:26 AM.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...