Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1127 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 1276271027107711171123112411251126112711281129113011311137 ... LastLast
Results 16,891 to 16,905 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

I must admit it is looking very nice!
    Will be going over there for more unpacking in an hour. Three of my clients nicely changed times or cancelled, giving me time in the middle of the day
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Exhausted. Was at the condo until 1 AM... I have not seen that hour for a long time. Up at 6. DH just went to get us bagels, no food here for breakfast.
    DH still did not get the shower rods, towel holders up, but the fixtures and mirrors in the bathrooms, that we chose in October are in and look awesome. Glad my taste hasn't changed.
    Waiting for the movers.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Exciting and exhausting! So glad you're digging your new place.

Electra Townie 7D

Sounds like the new place is coming together nicely! Enjoy (and hope it doesn't wear you out too much!)

Glad it's coming together. Good luck with the final push. Don't forget to give yourself extra recovery time.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Ha, I have my 5:45 AM circuit training class tomorrow. I'd like to skip it, but I now live exactly .99 miles from the gym, so I can sleep an extra 15 minutes. And Friday, my DIL from CA will be here, on her way home from a trip to the Azores. Thankfully, she is staying with my other son, but we have plans with her during the day Friday, then need to come home, change, and turn around to go back into the city for our theatre night.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I'm dealing with yet another person at work who thinks I'm an idiot. This is actually a relatively new experience for me -- it never happened until a few years ago. I do not think it's a coincidence that all the people who think I'm an idiot are men. They're all from the same country too (not the US) so I suspect there could be a cultural element. Though I have no problems with other male co-workers from the same country so that does not fully explain it. Regardless of culture, it still makes me angry.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I'd be furious, NY. Sometimes cultural things are the reason, which makes it difficult because it is so ingrained. You want to be respectful, obviously it's their culture, but I have seen what you are talking about, and it's not nice.

I think we must have got the movers sent from the senior center, followed up by helpers from the prison down the road. They are calling me young lady, so you get the idea. If DH wasn't here, they'd be scratching their heads. They are almost done getting the stuff in the truck, but it's been a long few hours. Thankfully, I was gone for about an hour of it, and I missed them having to lower DH's wardrobe over the open wall from the stairway landing to the ground floor. We told them how it was brought up (same company), but I guess no one listened. They were trying to tell us they couldn't do it. Well, it got in here, so it came out! Unfortunately, it necessitated DH emptying all of his clothes, so that is why I got to leave and go to the new place and bring back crates for him to use to do that.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    I'm dealing with yet another person at work who thinks I'm an idiot. This is actually a relatively new experience for me -- it never happened until a few years ago. I do not think it's a coincidence that all the people who think I'm an idiot are men. They're all from the same country too (not the US) so I suspect there could be a cultural element. Though I have no problems with other male co-workers from the same country so that does not fully explain it. Regardless of culture, it still makes me angry.
    Because this seems recurring with only certain work colleagues, at least, is their/your supervisor/manager enlightened? If it is a major/critical procedural/design that is significant that you have solved / know already (and it's part of your job), you might want to ask them to email their queries/comments to you -- if there's time. Then calmly reply to them by email, cc: to your direct manager/supervisor. Add cheerfully if they have further problems....contact you.

People might see their own overconcerns/attitudes if you rephrase what their (unfounded) concerns are (that leads to treat you like an idiot).
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Ugh, NY. That's frustrating and infuriating. Is your immediate supervisor supportive? Can you talk to them about it?
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Hope you can resolve the work situation, NY. I can't imagine the stress it is causing.
    OK, we are in the condo, and I actually had a good night's sleep. However, when the alarm went off at 5, I went back to sleep. So, thanks, Oak, for telling me to "recover." My body is sore from lifting and carrying. It amused the movers greatly to see me carrying in stuff from my car and refuse "help."
    We have a lot of work to do. The basics are done, i.e. the kitchen and our bedroom, but still need to make the bed in the guest room up and put together the furniture in the loft, unpack all the boxes that have stuff from our desks. We re-purposed a large oak cabinet that we originally had made when my younger son was 2 and was breaking our TV and stereo daily. It has locking doors, so he wouldn't do that. I'd been waiting for it to get here, as I had 2 very large boxes full of stuff like the food processor to put in there. DH lost the keys. Or, at least, we don't know where they are. Eventually, he popped open the locks with a screwdriver, but I spent 2 hours being pissed!
    We brought a lot of stuff we need to sell, but thankfully, we have a huge full basement, that will take a long time to organize.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Yay -- glad you're in, Crankin. I can imagine there are a lot of stressful bits and will be for some time to come, but setting up a new home is exciting and exhiliarating (at least to me) as well, so it helps keep the energy level high when you need it most.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

We found the keys yesterday...
    Everything in our living areas is pretty much done. We have to buy new lamps for our bedroom, as we decided not to bring the ones that were attached to the wall at the house (we had them in the previous house, too, so they are 20 years old). DH is now focusing on getting the house in shape for selling. There's some fading on the hardwood where our kitchen table was, so he may have to sand and coat. He repaired the front step and needs to paint, too.
    Had a wonderful lunch with my DIL from CA and her friend, who layed over here on their way home from the Azores. They had a great trip. She does not look as pregnant as my other DIL, but she is tall. We gave her a bunch of stuff from my son, including his HS yearbook. When DH was reading the quote he had, which was from a movie, she finished it before he finished reading it. No wonder they are married...
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

OMG. I don't have time for details but I just had the most ridiculous conversation with the micromanager at work. He clearly does not trust us. It completely broke my concentration and now almost 2 hours later I still can't get my focus back on what I need to do. We're on a very tight deadline, we simply don't have time for this sort of thing. I mean, he wanted me to go back and change everything I did on Friday and I had to work until 2 am Saturday morning to get it done. This despite having gone over all the plans in minute detail before I did the work. I was in the zone today, very productive, and now I'll have to work OT to finish what needs to get done before tomorrow.

I had a major conflict with my last manager -- long story short we had a plan for my long-term career development that was good for me, my employer and our client. He looked me in the eye and said he supported it, then he totally undermined it because it was inconvenient for him in the short-term. Then he left the company but the damage was done and the conflict was considered all my fault. So now I really need to get along with the micromanager. But I don't react well when people waste my time. I understand that it can be hard to step back and trust other people to do a good job, but if you can't handle that then you need to not accept the promotion to manager.

Thank you for letting me vent.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    OMG. I don't have time for details but I just had the most ridiculous conversation with the micromanager at work. He clearly does not trust us. It completely broke my concentration and now almost 2 hours later I still can't get my focus back on what I need to do. We're on a very tight deadline, we simply don't have time for this sort of thing.
    So frustrating. I hope you got through that, and that a ride today helps relieve stress.