Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 11 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521611115111011 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yo, sugar, isn't "dike on a byke" what it says in yer profile?

When I had a BikeE, I went by the monniker "DykeE on a BikeE"

Now, the only thing I can think of that makes a nice rhyme with "Kona" just doesn't work. Eh-hem.

Need a nice name for my bike. Me, I got a name...

Which makes me think of a VERY naughty t-shirt I saw once: Remember my name, you'll be screaming it later.

took me several minutes to get it. i can be s l o w at times.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

HAH, thought nobody looks at those. ding ding ding, you found the hidden profile pun. You win a duck.

Rode to work today and forgot to bring a spare t-shirt. In all the years I've been doing this I've never forgot a change of clothes.

Ever noticed how bike clothes look geekier the further away you are from a bike? Bright pink jersey, sreaming yellow vest, clashing red Team Amici arm skins on a bike-makes sense in a safety concious cycling kinda way.

3' away from your bike? Odd, but there's the bike, your a cyclist.

30' away, wandering around the store or worse, seated in a cube at your desk...whah? couldn't stand it and at lunch went to the gym and got a shirt, pink hoody type number.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

S.O. knows about the MRI. Let's talk about lack of support, shall we?

I can't believe I drank all this beer... one of the downsides to living alone. Or is it an upside? I don't have to share my Red Hook ESB. Good, bad, or indifferent?

Had a lovely salad for dinner. My dog (Bean, as in "Coffee Bean" cuz he looked like one all curled up in the cage at the Humane Society when he was a puppy) adores caesar salad dressing, so I let him lick the plate when I was done.

What is it about our critters, that they can make us feel so loved?

My beautiful bike is sitting in my living room. Very pretty.
    http://www.konaworld.com/shopping_ca...6&parentid=253

Happy Dance!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Nanci
    I guess it'd be a 135 mile round trip, though. Didn't think of that. That's a little far...
    After all those brevets, I wasn't sure that you understood the concept of "a little far..."
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

I'm only abnormal for those specific days. The rest of the time I'd call "far" anything over 100 miles.
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet
    S.O. knows about the MRI. Let's talk about lack of support, shall we?

I can't believe I drank all this beer... one of the downsides to living alone. Or is it an upside? I don't have to share my Red Hook ESB. Good, bad, or indifferent?

Had a lovely salad for dinner. My dog (Bean, as in "Coffee Bean" cuz he looked like one all curled up in the cage at the Humane Society when he was a puppy) adores caesar salad dressing, so I let him lick the plate when I was done.

What is it about our critters, that they can make us feel so loved?

My beautiful bike is sitting in my living room. Very pretty.
    http://www.konaworld.com/shopping_ca...6&parentid=253

Happy Dance!
    Hey, Kona,

Your bike is beautiful. Let's see a picture of the dog! Hope the SO gets her head out of her butt and starts treating you like she should. And if she doesn't, please know that you deserve so much better.

In my experience, bad treatment is not limited to one gender. The abusive ex in my story is a woman; I stayed with her through years of maltreatment. Some of the worst happened around my own surgeries and physical pain. She could be loving and supportive one minute, and screaming at me for not having made dinner the next. It felt so crazy that I just kept holding on, hoping that the woman who loved me would "come back". You know the upshot--I finally left, and now I'm free.

I am glad you are going for the MRI. Knowledge is power. Be well and know that you are not alone. Lise
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Hey, Kona,

Sorry about the jerk. But better to know she's a jerk sooner than later. Hmmm, somewhere here there's a thread on the advantages of cycling single. Being able to drink all the beer was not listed.

Go for the MRI, wear your wool shorts if you wanna. And big hugs and lots of Caesar salad with crunchy garlic croutons for your dog. You're a good person for rescuing a dog. What kind of dog? Does Bean like the anchovies?

I better get moving, 4 hours till ride meet-time. I could not have slept in if I wanted to, my mutt woke me up.

thanks in advance Bikerz for arranging this.
    Last edited by Trek420; 04-29-2006 at 05:12 AM.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

I was looking at those Kona Dew prices...

What a freaking rip-off! It costs £350 in the UK, but if you do a currency conversion from the US price, you get around £220!

yes, bikes are less expensive but if you lived here you'd have to pay for health care ... drifts off to pump the tires and grab some gu dodges outa the way of ensuing possible drift towards debate of health care issues.
    Last edited by Trek420; 04-29-2006 at 07:54 AM.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

Well, the NHS may be free, but...

Okay - I'll actively drift away from the healthcare debate. drifting...drifting...drifting...

Last night I was sooooo bad. A bunch of us went out for dinner and I chose a big tray of crawfish (about 3-4 lbs) and gravy fries for dinner Everyone looked at me like I was crazy! Geez it was good! I inhaled all of it! I had gone for a ride in the afternoon (clif bar for lunch) and didn't eat anything when I came back. So - I was starving. They watched in amazement as I at it all and was still hungry! I haven't had gravy fried since I was pregnant with my daughter. Oh man was that good! Yummmmm

What are gravy fries? Just fries with gravy on 'em?

I don't know gravy fries, either. But I had TWO servings of chicken-fried steak for lunch, with white gravy. And peach cobbler. And fried squash. (just a little bit) And like one bite of "greens." I figured anything with bacon in it must be good, but I was WRONG. And two slices of beets. And a spoon of pea salad. And a spoon of cole slaw. And a spoon of pasta salad. And a spoon of cottage cheese. And unsweet tea with Equal. But I rode 3.25 hours in a nice strong wind before. Saw many gopher tortoises out on their stoops.
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

What is pea salad??? And Nanci - where did you get all of that food and who ate the rest? It sounded really good! Greens can be good if cooked the right way. Mr. Fish (cajun) cooks them with tasso and/or andouille and they are awesome. Not bitter like most I've tried.

Gravy fries - big fat fries with brown gravy on them - usually spiced well with black pepper. It's a total comfort food thing! It's definitely not something a person normally eats with boiled crawfish - but hey, it hit a happy spot. We're making chicken and blackbean enchiladas tonight. Yummm!

How big was the spoon? Sounds like you earned it! Still raining and VERY windy here

One of the women at work gave me some of her edemame and corn salad last week. Man, was it GOOD! It was just the green soybeans (shelled) and plain corn niblets tossed together with a pinch of salt.

Gotta go get some frozen shelled soybeans and frozen corn. I could just throw it together with some salt and it'd be thawed and ready to eat by lunchtime!

I like low-complexity food. Unless someone else is cooking. THEN I like creme brulee, and salmon, and steamed mussels and clams, and salad...