Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1082 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 825829821032107210781079108010811082108310841085108610921132 ... LastLast
Results 16,216 to 16,230 of 17465

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

We really haven't had a lot of trouble with weather interference with our satellite. If it's snow, it's no big deal to go sweep the dish off a little. Rain has to be EXTREMELY heavy before it'll interfere, and mostly when a storm's that bad, the electric is flickering and we'd turn off the TV and satellite receiver anyway. But if you're behind a lot of tree cover, wet leaves can definitely be too much for a satellite signal. I see that more often with my fitness GPS than I do with the TV.

Like I said in another thread, we're going to try satellite Internet when we get back north in the spring. We didn't have a good enough line of sight to get HughesNet back in the day (and had to buy the receiver to find that out ), but I'm hoping Exede's satellites are located differently enough and/or modern technology means we can get internet without needing a better signal than we need for TV. Our DSL is just painfully slow, to the point where we can't watch videos at all and often can't even stream audio. Bigger software updates usually mean lugging our gear to the Apple Store and swiping their bandwidth. Exede gets good reviews and I'm keeping my fingers crossed ...
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Just stopping in to say hi! I'm trying to figure out what the year number of the running shoes I loved was- thought I might have mentioned them here somewhere.
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Hey Nanci! Long time no see, pop in more often.

Electra Townie 7D

Hey Nanci! Nice to see you. Knott (who is sitting here) and I say howdy.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Just poking in to say hello too. My bike riding has all but come to a halt with the snowiest February on record for CO.

I was accepted to grad school last May (yay!) except it means I have to move back to Seattle. ASAP. As I continue to struggle with making friends here, I'm ok with the move. Applied for a new job yesterday, got a call today. During the phone interview, my phone disconnected the call 5 times. I was so embarrassed. I hope the hiring manager understands. I fly out for an in-person interview in 2 weeks. Fingers crossed.

Hope all you TE'ers are doing well.
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

Hey VBC!!

Good luck with the interview, and the move!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Wishing you the best of luck for the job, and school. Go get them!!!!

Hey VBC, congrats on grad school, happy you're getting to move as well.

Electra Townie 7D

Oh man on the dropped calls...hope it doesn't influence the manager. Technology can really be a bee-yotch!

GOOD LUCK to you!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Best of luck VeganBike Chic!
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

Are people getting sick of TE? There seems to be much less conversation. Maybe I have too much time on my hands? I don't think so, though.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I've noticed the drop off too. I read more than I post, but still check in pretty much every day. I wonder where people have gone?
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

I wouldn't say sick of TE - I love this place. That said, I am pretty prolific at social media (FB, Twitter and Instagram) for myself, and our bike team. I find that managing that takes up enough time that I don't get to TE as often, and certainly don't post as much. For anyone that might have read my blog in the past, that has also become a victim of social media. I do miss my TE family though, and am here reading often!

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

I try to post when I check in, seems worthwhile to keep this place up and running.

Electra Townie 7D

I think periodic ebbs are normal, but I've noted the same thing. Activities change, as well as time for posting. Over the years I've come to know those who post regularly, and have enjoyed meeting some in person. This is one if the reasons I continue to post here even though I can no longer ride. To me it is more about the members supporting each other rather than the activity.