Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1066 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 665669661016105610621063106410651066106710681069107010761116 ... LastLast
Results 15,976 to 15,990 of 17465

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Crankin, hugs to you and your family. Will you be able to spend some time with your brother soon?

Snap, yay!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I am worried about my brother. I called him twice yesterday and texted once. He's doing everything right for himself, but still, I worry. I told DS #2 to please go down and visit him this weekend, but of course, not sure if he can.
    I was the caregiving child for both of my folks. Some of the nicest things one of my siblings, who lives 500 miles away did. -
    sent me flowers thanking me for being there
    bought me a gift certificate for a massage
    sent me cards telling me how much I was appreciated.

Sounds like you are there for him, which is great but for some reason getting something physical that was just for me meant alot, especially after my last parent passed away.

Thinking of you!
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Not really, Oak. I invited him to come for Thanksgiving, and he said he would look into getting the time off (he's a manager for Home Depot), which might be hard for him at that time of year. Plus, he took 2 "vacations" to deal with my dad in June and early July. We'll be gone for 2 weeks in October for our tour, so November seemed the next time. I spoke with him yesterday, he said he was fine and that work was good for him. He told DS that he didn't need anything, but I know DS will still try to visit him, despite his incredible busy schedule (did I mention my son is hosting a newly arrived Afghani man, who was his translator, his wife, and 4 year old ... in a 2 bedroom house, as well starting his jr. year in school, transferred to Army Reserves to keep his pension, and is doing ROTC?).
    I will just keep calling my brother and texting him. It probably reminds him of my mom!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I was away for the computer for a stretch and missed this. Crankin, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. My condolences.

Electra Townie 7D

Thanks
    ETA:
    Every conversation I have with my brother is different, which sort of models what his mood is like; of course he was like this before my dad's situation declined. If anything, we talk a lot more now. I told him I didn't want him to feel like I was being intrusive and he said of course not, I wasn't, but I am not calling everyday anymore. Only one conversation kind of raised my concern level, and I basically told him to get his azz into the shower and get dressed after he told me he hadn't bathed for his 2 days off, which is totally unlike him. He thanked me.
    He can't come for Thanksgiving, as others have already put in for the time off. We decided he should come in the spring, when the weather gets nicer. Right now he's concentrating on doing things in his home, which he's been in for a couple of years, but he hasn't done much work on. He's also dealing with his beautiful garden, which has been destroyed by the drought in San Diego.
    I'd love for him to find a partner, but I know that's not the answer for everything.
    Last edited by Crankin; 09-16-2014 at 03:04 AM.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Just stopping in to say hi! I just wanted to let you guys know I miss ya. Big hugs and loves!
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Me too..popping in to say YO!!

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Hi chickiworps, crazycancuckoz!

Sorry to hear about our father's passing, Crankin. Brother sounds like a great person and hopefully encouraged he spend time with a friend or 2 now.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whats in a persons heart.

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Crankin. I'm glad you got to see him this summer.

Chickwhorips is in Seattle this week!! She has some appointments while there but I'm sure would love to see a few of you ladies while in town. She's staying with my partner at her ranch in Woodinville. I'm driving back up tonight after work and will be up there till Sat. We have stuff going on on Tues but at this point, are open through the week unless more appointments come up. So, if any of you would like to get together, go for dinner, do some sightseeing, come over and pet some horses or whatever, let us know. No biking right now, sorry. Don't plan any big adventure things either, I want her to take it easy and that's a challenge for her. It would be a cool thing though, the PNW ladies getting together again with the AK connection. Send me a PM and I'll send you my phone #. Texting is best today yet because I'll still be at work.

Namaste.
    Oh, that's gonna bruise...
    Only the suppressed word is dangerous. ~Ludwig Brne

Crankin, sorry to hear about your dad

Crazycannukoz, down to 20 posts?

Chickwho, good to see ya!

Xrayted, keep me posted. Thursday a through Sat works best.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Popped something in my bad knee yesterday, am hobbling with a cane now. Seeing the ortho doc tomorrow morning... wish me luck that this won't be surgery number six on that knee!

Electra Townie 7D

Ow ow ow Pax! Heal up fast, and good luck for no surgery.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Thanks, Oak. Pretty sure I screwed up my medial collateral ligament, this hurts!

Electra Townie 7D

So sorry Pax, OW! Hang in there and keep us posted.

Oh, so sorry Pax! Hope surgery is not necessary!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow