Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1017 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 175179179671007101310141015101610171018101910201021102710671117 ... LastLast
Results 15,241 to 15,255 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Small beach crabs. I hope they were just plastic...
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

I was going to ask if he stuffed crabs down his pants. Crazy fun!

I love TE. In recent months, I've had some questions about the fit of some products I either bought or wanted to buy. In two instances, an employee took the time to actually compare the fit of different products to one another. Another took the time to make sure that I promptly received some bike shorts that appeared to be on back order. I mean what other retailer habitually provides this kind of support and service? Plus, when I talk to someone there (Edna and Theresa come to mind), it's liking talking to a friend. They're so patient, and I know that I'm talking to people who actually use these products--maybe not the specific item I'm calling about--but they "get it." Thanks so much Susan; your company rocks.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    I love TE. Plus, when I talk to someone there (Edna and Theresa come to mind), it's liking talking to a friend. They're so patient, and I know that I'm talking to people who actually use these products--maybe not the specific item I'm calling about--but they "get it." Thanks so much Susan; your company rocks.
    Do they know you're Indysteel, or do you stay anonymous?
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by redrhodie View Post
    Do they know you're Indysteel, or do you stay anonymous?
    Anonymous. At most, they know I participate on the forums, but that doesn't always come out in the conversation.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I've spoken with TE staff a good number of times over the last few years and my experience matches what others have said here. They had no idea if I was a forum member or not, but in my opinion TE has the best customer service possible for an internet-based store and most brick and mortar stores.

I've been going through a lot in recent months, severe financial stress (enough said) and other unrelated stressors that have certainly stretched me to my limits. I am starting to see a little light at the end of the tunnel, and while it is hard right now to say what that light is (could be the headlight of a freight train, or the dawn of a new day) I just want to say the following:

I am very thankful for all that I DO have, a job that I love, an apartment that makes me feel like it is home, mountain biking and cycling that helps me connect to the world around me, and....

I am especially thankful for all of you here at TE. Given my posting history here this may sound odd, but I tend to isolate myself, especially when under stress, but this forum we have here is so supportive that I keep coming back to it. I love that we do share something of our lives with each other. It might be a "virtual" sharing but in the end that hasn't mattered, and it has been great to meet some of you in person.

Ok, I've had my say...

Hugs. Money worries suck enough, without having other stuff on top of it.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

(((((Catrin))))) Hang in there. Hoping the light at the end of that tunnel is everything you're hoping for...
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I just saw the remnants of a car vs. bike crash, and it didn't look good. The SUV had a smashed windshield, and the mangled bike was still on the side of the road. I feel kind of sick now. I hope the rider is still alive. I'll try to find out more.

Slacker on wheels.

Thanks Owlie and Oak, it is appreciated. A part of me (the depressed part) says that things can't/won't change but you know, that is just silly. I am doing what I need to do for those things I can change and just dealing with the rest. Am very thankful for my bikes!

Red - that sounds terrible! I hope that it wasn't as bad as the wreckage indicates
    Last edited by Catrin; 06-19-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Catrin, I hope you find some peace.

Red, I feel badly just reading about what you witnessed.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Sigh. If there's going to be an article about cycling in the news, why does it have to be The Most Fashionable Bikes on the Market. So - your choices are Huffy or Gucci.

I guess I should be glad to see cycling mentioned in any positive way, but really?
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

http://newport.patch.com/articles/bi...us-head-trauma

This is about the crash yesterday. I suspect I see this poor man all the time. He's in critical condition. The driver doesn't know what happened. It makes me sick, because this is a dead straight section of road without any merging traffic. The only way she would not have seen him is if she wasn't paying attention. I hope charges will be filed.

Slacker on wheels.

Very sad Red...

My mom's cancer problems continue... Her lung cancer has returned, and with the emphysema and her getting a MRSA infection from the original lung surgery in November means that she isn't a candidate for further surgery. They weren't able to take as much of her lung as they wanted originally due to her lungs already being compromised which is likely why the cancer has returned.

The PET scan has left no doubt that it is cancer, and that it has not spread outside of her lung. A biopsy is the next step and they did that last week...but they didn't get what they wanted to. There apparently isn't any doubt about the cancer, but they can't proceed with the radiation until they have a "good" biopsy due to insurance requirements. She had enough problems recovering from the biopsy last week and, in fact, is still recovering.

I don't understand why she must be subjected to yet another biopsy since there is no doubt the cancer has returned...but apparently PET scans aren't definitive enough for insurance companies. I am no expert, and perhaps my understanding is faulty, and watching her go through this frustration is hard. Poor mom...