Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

First Mountain Bike Ride in 10 Years!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Last night I let the local club guys convince me to go mountain bike in the regional park. It's their regular Wed. night routine and I had been toying around with the idea of joining them for awhile. We used to ride off road about ten years ago. I never really got into it and so we put slicks on our mountain bikes and rode them on the road. So now that I'm stronger and a little more confident I decided to give this off road thing a try. Plus Irulan always looks llike she's having so much fun!

What a blast! We stayed on the fire roads. The pic shows a bunch of the guys climbing up some single track. The big bump in the background is Mount Diablo. I had such a good time that I'm going to start joining them on a weekly basis. When I make it up the wicked large hill we climbed without walking I'll get them to take my picture.

Veronica

http://www.tandemhearts.com/delta-ped-mtb.jpg

Cool pic! Looks like lots of exercise.

wow! Very cool place to ride!! Oh, and that's a HILL?? I think my definition might need some adjustments...too much time on flat land I guess! haha!

coo, there's lots of good MTB riding where you are. I'm a former Danviller girl, ( Monte Vista HS '77) and got married on Mt. Diablo.

Irulan
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Irulan, that is so cool! Did the wedding party ride up to the summit before the ceremony? I'd love to have a sunset wedding on the mountain, um, if I had someone to marry.

Veronica, you rock! What trail did you guys ride?

Not sure what trail we went out on. We went up a big hill that everyone was calling The Wall. I ended up walking a section in the middle of it. Apparently I had too much air in my tires. I had just put the knobbies back on it. The tires said 35 - 80 psi so I put in 60. I caught up to one of the ride leaders and she looked at my tires and said, "You've got way too much air." I also had trouble actually staying on the trail. I kept looking at all of the loose chunky stuff on the edge and guess where I found myself? In the loose chunky stuff! Duh! You go where you look. With the reduced air and the reminder to myself to look only where I wanted to go I did finish the climb. We descended on the Ridge trail. That was a blast.

Veronica