Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by margo49
    My bum and thighs are really actually - but they are *mine*
    No problem showing em what they can't have!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmyt
    No problem showing em what they can't have!
    Yeah.... Neener neener!

I did it!

So i bought a pair of tri shorts from Pearl Izumi with *very* little padding and rode with it, "the correct way." It wasn't bad at all!!! I also picked up my new bike, (a trek 7.6 FX WSD) and rode about 50+ miles this weekend. My a** didn't really hurt at all, even with the minimal padding. Mabye i have to work my way up to that. Anyway, my new bike is great, and i'm finally feeling like less of a fashion victim. See you on the road.

Oh, and i'm really sorry about not really introducing myself. I'm Tonya, 35, from marina del rey, california. I rode 40 miles in the Ride for the Roses this past Oct (Here is a ten minute doc I produced about the ride-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2p70yKM7-s). Anyway, I'm riding in the Livestrong Ride challenge in June with ten of my co-workers. We are also riding in this weekend's Volvo tour of LA ride, which should be a lot of fun.

Take care!

I'm dinah (raises hand) I'm a cyclist, mtber mostly, and I'm a member of cycling shorts anynomous...

I tried the Sugoi skirt/short combo, the colour was garish but I was dying for something not straight lycra but not mtnbikeing shorts either. They were okay, but I learned that once you've found the chamois you like its often a letdown to try another and I'm hooked on loius garneau shorts. sigh kinda an expensive experiment

I did buy a very sweet alternative that's worked very well, a cycling skirt made for wear over your own lycra rather than integrated with shorts the way they all seem to be. Under the Weather (toronto) makes a breakaway thats perfect for wear over my louis garneau's, they dont bind or catch on undergrowth off-road and slide smoothly against lycra being nylon too.

Once you've found shorts you like they can really increase your cycling pleasures, decrease the pains! I actually had more trouble with leers and long looks... I wear cycling shorts because they work not to show off my rear end. I thought a skirt would help, but while its modest it also gets a lot of looks on its own, and as many leers. thats the trouble, you know, if its exposed it gets looked at because its exposed, if its covered it gets looked at becuase its covered!