Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Got my number today. but Dh's didn't come today. I hope its just a mail thing.
    SpinSis, if you go to the Apparel thread and look under TE hats, Susan has explained that they are designing new hats and new Jerseys. So we may have to sport the new ones for our ride. I love an excuse for a new Jersey.

Welcome Pap103 and yes I ride slow. I plan on being at the back and letting the Lance types go first. Hopefully it won't be to crowded at the back.

I'm In

Ok, color me crazy but I filled out the form, wrote the check and will mail it on my way home! I'm in - for better or worse!

Patty

Hey Everyone

Do not fear the group ride issue on the TFCE. When I went to this ride it was VERY relaxed. Of course, I did not leave with the 6 a.m. crowd.

I rode 35 of it on an old hybrid bike, and I went to the thing by myself. I really don't remember any hard-core types at this thing.

I don't want to do it alone again, as I was real tired out (due to not enough food) and had to drive 1 1/2 hr. back to boston.

Sounds like a great idea for a TE group. I can't remember if they gave out the t-shirts for the ride or not. I mean the TFCE shirts.
    Crediamo in te, bici!

OK ladies, I'm getting excited! I am in the 14-15mph range also and it would be fun to get our little team together...New TE jerseys and all!

This is shaping up well! Welcome to the new Gloucester-based gal. I think I'll have to get BF a TE jersey so he'll fit in. I check out the new design stuff in the TE store. I'm in the 14-15mph range, but should also learn how to ride a bit slower at the same time that I achieve to ride faster. I'm still learning what "pace" means in practice!

Those that have done this before, are all the distances a loop? Does the century begin and end at the same spot?

Time to hit the road (well, I have to work first...)
    s

Quote Originally Posted by SpinSis
    Those that have done this before, are all the distances a loop? Does the century begin and end at the same spot?
    Most of the (one-day) centuries in this area are loops. The exception to the rule are rides like the Pan-Mass Challenge which is a point-to-point ride (even the one-day option). There are other multi-day charity rides that are point-to-point too.

But both the Flattest Century in the East and the Seacoast Century are loops.
    --- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

I haven't sent in my registration, because my son is coming home on leave in September and I don't know exactly when.... I guess I can sign up and bite the bullet on the reg. fee if it conflicts.....
    I had to throw away my old TE jersey. It didn't fit well and it was expensive. I got a small because there were no X-smalls. The top was way too big and the bottom was too tight. I never buy jerseys with elastic and this one had plenty. Maybe they will redesign.

Going to look at the FC site

I can ride any weekend except May 13 or June 11 (you ladies can come on my ride on June 11 if you want...... come on, sign up)

Robyn

I got my registration number yesterday! Something like #1035. I wonder if that is indicative of how many riders have signed up to date. Hope BF got his too. Forgot to ask.

And OT...can I just say, I love reading the TE Bulletin Board while eating lunch at work. Since I'm lucky if I even get outside until the end of the day, this is a nice substitute. Road my bike to work today, and plan to do the BF commute (15.5 miles to my darling ride) tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn Maislin
    I can ride any weekend except May 13 or June 11 (you ladies can come on my ride on June 11 if you want...... come on, sign up)

Robyn

Hi Robin,

What is your June 11 ride and where do you sign up?

Patty

[QUOTE=SpinSis]I got my registration number yesterday! Something like #1035. I wonder if that is indicative of how many riders have signed up to date. Hope BF got his too. Forgot to ask.

I'm 1068 and I was wondering the same thing. Hubby still hasn't got his. Whats up with that. They were sent together. I think I'd better check on that if it isn't in the mail today.

You all are motivating me to sign up for this ride...sounds as if I should make my decision soon.

Have a great time on the TFC ride. I've done it a few times and it is quite fun! As was mentioned earlier, the pace is relaxed and it is very well organized. You do get a free t-shirt and magnet.

I've done the 75 mile loop and the 100mile loop. There is a low grade hill at the end. It is not a mountain, but was a surprise to me the first time I did it. I'm not sure they are changing the routes. I did start early in the a.m. and was not overwhelmed by the lance wanna-bes. I comfortably did my pace (around 14-15mph at that time).

And the food...well it does the trick but nothing to write home about. There are some stores along the way if you get sick of PB&J sandwiches, oranges and bananas.

Best of luck to all of you!

If any of you are doing a "training ride" to prep for this in the RI area or Western Mass (I divide my time btw the two places), let me know, I'd love to join you.

Hey Stella, keep checking in, maybe you can join us on a ride if we ever get our acts together and organize one. (hint hint NE gang) I'm not to far from the Mass/RI border and I like to ride the Eastbay every now and then. Let me know if you are interested.

Jody

Quote Originally Posted by Surlygirl
    Hey Stella, keep checking in, maybe you can join us on a ride if we ever get our acts together and organize one. (hint hint NE gang) I'm not to far from the Mass/RI border and I like to ride the Eastbay every now and then. Let me know if you are interested.

Jody

thanks, Jody! I am interested in riding, I enjoy the eastbay bike path and the surrounding areas.

I will be back from Western Mass on May 12th. I plan on going for a ride in the Amherst area this Saturday (I will have finished 3 final exams by then and will be ready for a good ride!)

Quote Originally Posted by SpinSis
    I got my registration number yesterday! Something like #1035. I wonder if that is indicative of how many riders have signed up to date. Hope BF got his too. Forgot to ask.
    I sent in my registration and forgot to include a SASE and got an email from NBW that said they have only 200 slots left!

Surlygirl, I'd like to ride East Bay with you. Maybe we should just set a date and post it for anyone that wants to join in. My next available date is Saturday May 13th.

Patty