Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

No blue here...been raining cranks and derailers all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Surlygirl
    Wahhaahhhahhhhaaaa. Its snowing here! There are 2 inches on the ground already. The stupid sanding trucks are out resanding the newly cleaned roads and my daffodils are sadly looking at the ground covered in snow.

Cyber raspberry to you SadieKate.
    Yup, we're supposed to get 2-5 inches. And it's not even April Fools Day. Speaking of clean roads, I almost got run over by one of those street sweeping trucks on Monday. Guess the bike and I would have been well brushed. Actually, the brush wasn't turning, so maybe we would have just bounced off.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    I just looked out my window at the sky and there's something blue out there. Help! What is it?
    Going . . . going . . . gone.

Probably Surly's fault.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Going . . . going . . . gone.

Probably Surly's fault.
    Say what? I think it just popped out here for a minute. Boy I take a lot of grief for things I am "surly" not responsible for.

I loved the Grammy Grinch thing. That is what my kids call my mother who earned the nickname because as and ER nurse she always had to work Christmas Eve and my little brother called her the Grinch one year and it stuck so when I saw you using that SadieKate I had to laugh.

Don't tell anyone but I hope the weather improves for your ride coming up. My brother lives in California so I kind of have to be nice to you girls out there.

Wierd Salt Lake weather...

Well, in Salt Lake City, Utah, yesterday and today started out with some sun, partly cloudy, ....then all heck and halloween fell out of the sky --- hideous wind gusts, rocking our little tiny RV, and blowing the birds outta the trees, pelting silvermetal rain, and frowning black skies!

Then......the SUN came out!!! Now it's partly cloudy again.....this is the wildest wierdest place I've ever seen (besides Wisconsin where the weather could change from sun to tornado in a flat beer minute!)

My only excuse not to ride is I hurt my right knee (the only good one left) and my son just came home from a two year church mission in Brazil, trailing yellowed-white shirts and only three pair of raggedy socks....so we've been shopping and running like mad!)

But!!! MY SNOW PEAS ARE UP out of the ground!! The tree in our yard is flowering, and it MUST be SPRING!!!!
    There's nothing to stop traffic like a fat lady on a bike with a flourescent flag...

oh my

I just went outside to get lunch and I felt something warm on my cheekbones. It felt odd. It was disconcerting. I even took off my hooded jacket!

Hey--there's some of that blue stuff in Dianyla's avatar. Let's ask her what it could be!
    Chicago: Not sunny. Not snowing. Not raining. Just...the usual...grey, chilly, a bit windy when you least expect it. It could be all of the above at the same time, so I'm not griping (today) .

L.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

I got in a bike ride today but there was a nasty headwind coming back. Not what I wanted to deal with after not riding for 5 days.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

Was there a strange yellow glowing orb also?
    "Only the meek get pinched, the bold survive"

For all you attorney types

Just curious . . . is Seasonal Affective Disorder an admissible defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Lise
    Hey--there's some of that blue stuff in Dianyla's avatar. Let's ask her what it could be!
    Beats me... I'm actually standing in front of a gigantic photograph.

And you have my sympathies on Chicago's weather - I spent a week there during a major heatwave last summer. Talk about Satan's Armpit!!

PS: I love your signature quote - my friends are sick and tired of hearing about "the precccciouusssssssss"!

Just curious . . . is Seasonal Affective Disorder an admissible defense?

I'm sure it's at least as valid as the Twinkie defense. But I don't do criminal defense, so I am not an expert...

Had brief bout of blue so opened HUGE Subaru sunroof while running errands. Came out of Jamba just in time to close the sucker up before it started sprinkling again.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

I'm going to need it.

Just got a call from Bill. His older sister had an emergency appendectomy this morning. Doing fine. Expected to come home Saturday. It hadn't erupted but was close.

Mom just called to tell me my father is going through a phalanx of med tests starting today because I got pissy with him last night when on the phone he said his ankles had been swollen for a few days and it hurt to walk. Mom looked at them last night and said they were tender to the touch so she called and got him a doc's appt this morning. Full neurological test today. Cardio, MRI or CAT-scan, and god knows what else over next couple of days. Last night's phone call was the first time I've ever heard him truly confused, even when my mother wasn't interrupting him (as is her way). 78 yrs old, sedentary in the extreme, obese, Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma survivor, bi-polar or depressed or god knows what (always been somewhat in his own world). Parkinson's, stroke, circulatory, who knows.

Raining out the near living room window but I can see blue sky to the north out the other window. I'm going over the edge. I thought it was going to stay dry enough I could ride tonight, even a few miles

Bill's out of town until Friday. I bought healthy stuff for dinner. Maybe ice cream would be better.

I'm going to need it.

Just got a call from Bill. His older sister had an emergency appendectomy this morning. Doing fine. Expected to come home Saturday. It hadn't erupted but was close.

Mom just called to tell me my father is going through a phalanx of med tests starting today because I got pissy with him last night when on the phone he said his ankles had been swollen for a few days and it hurt to walk. Mom looked at them last night and said they were tender to the touch so she called and got him a doc's appt this morning. Full neurological test today. Cardio, MRI or CAT-scan, and god knows what else over next couple of days. Last night's phone call was the first time I've ever heard him truly confused, even when my mother wasn't interrupting him (as is her way). 78 yrs old, sedentary in the extreme, obese, Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma survivor, bi-polar or depressed or god knows what (always been somewhat in his own world). Parkinson's, stroke, circulatory, who knows.

Raining out the near living room window but I can see blue sky to the north out the other window. I'm going over the edge. I thought it was going to stay dry enough I could ride tonight, even a few miles

Bill's out of town until Friday. I bought healthy stuff for dinner. Maybe ice cream would be better.
    OMG!! That's terrible! At least your SIL sounds okay - but I am sorry about your dad. That's so rough, and it sounds like it has been an ongoing degenrative thing. I'm so sorry.

My recommendation is Chunky Monkey. It has fruit in it.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Hang in there SK! I hope your dad's Ok and that you don't have to wait too long for the results.

At least today we all got a brief reminder that there ARE blue skies under all those clouds...