Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

OK tried two bike shops, the supermarket and the health food store. No Beans. Will check out REI this weekend but I feel their prices are also so high. I really want to try those things I just hate looking!!!!
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

I too, have been looking all over for the beans, even REI, but nobody seems to have them around here. Sometimes living in the sticks is a bummer! I may just have to break down and order them online.

Talking Sport Beans

I have tried the orange sport beans, and really liked them! If you read the contents, they are very competitive with energy bars, gu or cliff shot and much easier to eat on the bike!

Ridebikeme
    Last edited by ridebikeme; 04-07-2006 at 04:56 PM. Reason: typo's

Quote Originally Posted by tsfitness
    You can get the sport beans at REI. That's the only place I've seen them. I haven't tried them. But, I just had a cookies and cream powerbar the other day and it really worked well. I like the gu's too. Also, the Enervite drink is good to. I think that's how you spell it. Helps with lactacte acid build up on those nice hills............

My searching is unsuccessful. Do you have a product # for REI? I've got an order going in....
    Why not go out on a limb? That's where all the fruit is!
    -Mark Twain

Sport Beans

If you are unable to find the sport beans... I can order both orange and lemon lime. Good luck!

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater
    I too, have been looking all over for the beans, even REI, but nobody seems to have them around here. Sometimes living in the sticks is a bummer! I may just have to break down and order them online.
    Tater: do you have Smith's Marketplace or Fred Meyer there? (They are actually one in the same!) They have them (Sport Beans, at Smith's Marketplace, but not the run o' the mill Smith's) here in SLC...I can't believe they wouldn't have them up there where you are!

Blue

If anyone sees the new blue flavor anywhere, please let me know!!

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Found the Lemon Lime and the Orange at EMS (Eastern Mountain Sports) yesterday. The cashier said they are having a run on them because of the Boston Marathon. Apparently the runners love them too.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow
    Tater: do you have Smith's Marketplace or Fred Meyer there? (They are actually one in the same!) They have them (Sport Beans, at Smith's Marketplace, but not the run o' the mill Smith's) here in SLC...I can't believe they wouldn't have them up there where you are!
    Ooooh, I didn't think about trying Fred's! They usually carry everything. I will have to take a peek next time we go to Boise. Thanks for the suggestion, Yellow!

Bean sighting

Someone else on my group ride today said she bought them in the "drugstore" section of Bed Bath and Beyond! Not every BBB has the drugstore section though. If you do, she said they were with the trial sized bins.
    Why not go out on a limb? That's where all the fruit is!
    -Mark Twain

OK this is weird I live in a major metropolitan area - I can't find those darn Beans anywhere!!! I wonder if its a regional thing? I went to two other bike shops this weekend - nothing!
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

I agree REI prices are to high.Try a local bike shop. They usually have better prices. Sometimes REI i has good sales and you can stock up.

LBS has better prices??? My LBS is selling them for $2, when they are 89 cents on the Internet. Sure, I don't have to pay shipping, but I wan't paying $1.11 for shipping, each, either! That's a total rip off, and I won't support it.

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

I finally tracked down the mysterious sport beans - at Walgreens!! LBS and REI didn't have them, Target (which has a whole aisle of jelly belly) didn't have them - I was about to give up and there they were... I'll probably ride this afternoon and report - all they had were green.

Edited to Add: And the price was right - .99 per bag.

Now if I could just find the right sun block...
    Last edited by Blueberry; 04-12-2006 at 08:50 AM.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...