Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Talking 24 hours of Adrenaline

To disable ads, please log-in.

Well, I did it! I road in my first ever bike race!

It was in Canmore, Alberta... July 19-20th. A 24 hour relay race! My team was so awesome! We had wonderful tech. support (thank God!) and beautiful weather (30oC both days!)

Check the website (www.24hoursofadrenaline.com) We finished 15th in the "5 person female" category. Our team name was "Boobs to the Tube"! (Get it?)

We even managed to get our picture on the gallery section. We're the 4 girls in pink shirts that say "Boobs to the tube"... I'm in the red sunglasses!
    http://www.24hoursofadrenaline.com/i...45Sunboobs.jpg

Just wanted to share! I had such a great time!

Congratulations!! Love the t-shirts -- you guys look like you were having a great time!

hardwood hills

I usually do the 24 hours of adrenalin at Hardwood Hills, Ontario
    one more week to go!

Re: hardwood hills

Originally posted by han-grrl
    I usually do the 24 hours of adrenalin at Hardwood Hills, Ontario
    one more week to go!
    Are you in it this year? Funny, I'll be visiting my best girl friend that weekend in Barrie... not far from the race! Maybe I'll check it out... I'm sure it's just as fun as the Canmore one.

If you are racing, good luck!

Talking yep

i'll be there racing on an all grrls team.

Rode the Hardwood Hills loop a couple of weeks ago, loved the first half and the very last couple of kilometers was fab. I'm not in the 24 hour race, but it was fun doing the course with others doing it and seeing what our time was.

Hope you have fun with it this weekend Han-Grrl!

Thumbs up Good Luck Han-Grrl

Have a great time! Good luck to your whole team!

i'm baaack

team oXXygen is back and we had an awesome time at Hardwood Hills, ranking 7/10. We all improved our times from last year (i was 15 minutes faster in my best lap, woohoo!) and we all enjoyed the course.

my own little mini race report: i was fourth up, sipping on my Eload, and chewing on my Clif bar waiting for my rider to come in. the first part of the race loop is on wood chips (ugh), and i just felt my power was being sucked away by the terrain, then came the fun stuff. awesome single track, and i fleeeeew! even on the uphills, whatever i couldn't do, i just got off my bike and ran (which i don't usually do). my second lap wasn't as great, it was at 3 AM, and i felt a bit tired. i ended up running out of light about 2 km before the end of the lap which kinda messed things up a bit. My third and final lap, i was tired, BUT, i felt kinda happy and relaxed. i enjoyed myself, took it easy. i got some air in the BMX section along with some cheering from the croud. my team mates cheered me on at the half way point and greeted me at the end. all in all...FUN FUN FUN!

I'm so glad you had a great race... I was getting worried about you guys after the whole "black-out" thing took place! I'm glad they restored power before race day!

(I know what you are saying about loosing light a portion of the way into your lap. I lost my lights on my second lap too, except I still had 7km to ride!!! Fun times!)

Thanks again for the race update!
    Last edited by RoxGirl77; 08-19-2003 at 07:35 PM.

blackout

actually i phoned trilife before i left for the race, and they usually run most of the equipment on generators anyway, so they were running the race regardless of electricity status. i asked if they considered the fact that if there is no electricity on sunday how they expect people to gas up to get home. i got a very long pause followed by uhhhhmmmm nope we hadn't considered that. fortunately it wasn't an issue