Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Question Replacing Cables

I think I need a new derailer cable for the rear derailer on my bike. My present one is only holding on by a few threads! HELP!

I thought since I'm an independant wonan I could attempt this task myself, as I am sure it's easy... but does anyone know how?
    Or does anyone have a good bicycle maintenance web link they can send me to?

THX!

Exclamation Easier than I ever thought!

My goodness! The task of replacing my rear derailleur cable was a snap! I brought it in (after I took it on my last ride where it finally snapped! ) and had one of my friends brothers (a cute bike tech) show me what I had to do. It was soooo easy I'm thinking about replacing all of my cables! BY MY SELF!

I'm so happy I'm learning about maintaining my bike. I've got the power now!

WOw! That's awesome! And all along I assumed that would be something next to impossible to do

Good for you! Replacing cables is MUCH easier than you'd think, especially if you use the old one to ball park where to attach the new ones. Changing the housings is easy too, but you have to pop for the special cutters, nothing else works.
    What a great way to expand your circle of hot guy freinds !

Lizzy

Another one for me!

I also impressed myself by tweeking the hi-low screws on a friends bike to fix her derailleur. I feel like a bike mechanic GOD! (Although I'm far from that!)

It's such an empowering feeling to be able to fix your own bike!

Woo hoo! and I just replaced my hydraulic disc brake pads for the first time. IT was pretty easy but getting the disc and pads centered was a bit of a pain.

But, oh what a feeling of accomplishment when my pads finally broke in and stopped squealing and my front wheel didn't fall off!