Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Snot Rockets

Hybrid View

Snot Rockets

I went out on my first ride this year (at home) - yesterday.
    A group of about 20 riders came up behind me and I decided to try drafting a bit - which was difficult as I am scared of leaving only one-two wheel lenghts between myself and the bike in front of me. So after a while I started letting myself drop behind.

So this one guy was feeling the need to blow a snot rocket. He had the kindness to move into the traffic lane so as not to grace anyone behind him, which worked nicely, until another guy produced a beautiful, visible cloud of aerosol - which I was unable to evade. Just hold your breath and pray there's no virus in it.

Yuck.
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

snot rockets

Snot rockets...I haven't perfected them yet...I'm sure someone somewhere is eating breakfast & won't go into that...

Anywho, i just hope the guy who snot rocketed you will look & notice others around him prior to going for it.

Perhaps you can snot rocket some dork the next time you ride. The ultimate revenge?

c

snot rockets...or the lack thereof

I myself am not a Rocketeer...can't get the hang of it. I seem to end up with it all over the front of me. I sniffle and snort my whole ride....

Rocket Impaired.....

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollgirl
    I myself am not a Rocketeer...can't get the hang of it. I seem to end up with it all over the front of me. I sniffle and snort my whole ride....

Rocket Impaired.....
    Keep practicing! Let it build up til you have enough to launch!! I've perfected the art, however, I still occasionally misjudge the wind & "spoooge" the lens of my glasses.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Misfired snot rocket

Typically my aim is pretty good, but every now and then I end up with one on my jacket or tights. What's worse, is when they freeze!

Yuck! I myself am a complete snot-rocket dweeb. I'm not even too good at spitting stuff without hitting myself. I tuck kleenex in my sleeve like an old lady, and snuffle onto my sleeves and gloves the whole ride.

I admire those of you who draft. The concept is wonderful. I even dreamed that I was doing it once, recently. But in reality, I haven't developed the skill. I don't do many group rides at all, and drafting is illegal in the tris I do. Still, it seems like such a nice way to work with a group, to pull and be pulled.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock