Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Irish Cycling Safaris

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anyone have any experience with the company called Irish Cycling Safaris?
    I have emailed them twice looking for info about joining a group tour, but they do not answer. The seem to be an old company, have good prices, but.........

Personally I wouldn't do business with a company that didn't reply in a timely manner. That lack of response makes me suspect that their customer service isn't at a level that I would accept.

There are other options for touring Ireland too.

I did a trip there back in 2003 (you can see my journal at http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/journ...ise2003ireland if you're interested in my experience). My tour was solo & self-supported, but I had Tony Boyd of http://www.irondonkey.com plan the trip for me. That was my lazy approach to trip planning (or non-planning) that year. I had a really good experience with them, from emails requesting info and full of questions that were answered quickly, to getting references (I think I talked to one couple for over an hour about their experiences), to a phone call with Tony before I made my final decision.

Iron Donkey arranges tours like the one that I took on my own - but they also run supported tours. It's probably worth checking their web site out to see if one of their supported tours goes where you want to wander.

I can't remember who it is, but at least one other forum participant also had a good experience with Iron Donkey. Maybe she'll chime in...

--- Denise
    Last edited by DeniseGoldberg; 03-21-2006 at 04:00 PM.
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

Of course, that is true--no reply is a blot on customer service. I had not intended to sign up with them, but was asking more to hear about the experiences of anyone else. Iron Donkey was quick with a reply; I had contacted them as well. Thanks for the response, though.

Excuse me for jumping in so very late to this thread, but I just wanted to put up a little defence for Irish Safaris. That's run by the shop that I bought my lovely commuter bike and they provided an excellent sales & after-sales service.
    Can I ask - did you just email them, and not phone? As someone who will always prefer to dash off an email, rather than pick up the phone, I am frequently disappointed in receiving replies till I make the call.
    Hope you have a wonderful time in Ireland, and if you have any questions for an Irish woman, I'll do my best to write back!

My 2 euro cents

I contacted Irish cycling Safaris about 2 yrs ago or so regarding their tours. We ended up not going as we wanted a fully supported ride (with guide etc.) but I have to say they were the nicest people. They provided me with tons of info, info about the different locales in Ireland, and just genuinely sweet, friendly people. Of course, I love the Irish -- I find them great. We did most of our conversing on email, a little by phone.
    Ride like a girl.

Renee