Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

I did it - California Half Ironman

To disable ads, please log-in.

I really wasn't sure that I was ready for the race, and considered dropping out all the way until the day before. I'm glad I did it.

Here's the race report I posted on Beginnertriathlete.com
    http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/di...37995&posts=10

Thumbs up Great Job!

Vicvroom,

Great report - love the format and you did a good job of putting in the pros/cons, good/bad aspects!

Congrats on a Tri well done!

Tracy

Great job!!! I heard it was so cold they had an optional shorter swim and a lot of racers didn't race because of the cold. So when is your next half?
    Vineman is nice. Jones.

That's a really cool format for the report. You did great, I think!! When's Vineman?

There's a really cool series of halfs here in Florida, two weeks apart for three of them, starting the middle of May. Too bad I suck at swimming!

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Congratulations!!!!

How cool!!

Awesome, great job!!

Great job! I love race reports. Thanks so much for posting it. A 1/2 IM is my goal, and it helps a lot to read what it's really like for people like me.

I plan to swim more in Lake Michigan this year, and I have been thinking about a neoprene cap. You've convinced me! I have also heard of neoprene booties--ever used those?

Again, congratulations! Lise
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

YAWP! Congratulations and good job on your hard work and determination! -Marca
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. ~Ambrose Redmoon

Hi Lise,

I think the booties you are thinking of are meant to be worn with scuba fins. They would be horrible to swim in.

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Congrats Vic! Isn't that an Awesome feeling to finish something that you just weren't sure you even wanted to start?? Job Well Done my friend!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

They did make an announcement that we were allowed to wear booties. There was a company selling them at the expo (and sold out quickly) I hadn't seen them before this.

I'm doing the Vineman Half on July 30th. This is my year of 1/2's - plus, a couple centuries and the New York marathon. 2007 will be my first Ironman. I haven't decided which yet, but probably either Coeur d'Alene or Wisconsin.

My best friend did the Coeur d'Alene Ironman last year. She said it was a great course and the organization was fabulous. Good luck!

Great report and congrats on doing such a good job! Your cycling average was fast!

Just think what you could do if you were able to commit to a proper training schedule!

CONGRATS! I was thinking about all you guys Sat morning. DANG I bet that water was cold! But good on you for toughing it out! I think you should get extra *iron* points for that!
    You will enjoy vineman. I used to live on the run course, and I voly'd every year at an aid station. It's a great race, and Russ the RD does a fabulous job!
    I'll also be at NYCM this year, but not running for the first time in a long time. I've done it 4 times, but it's just too hard to train for a fall 'thon in Phoenix. My cousin is doing it though, so I'm going to be her cheering section. SO I'll be yours as well!
    As for your choice of IM's, I vote CDA. I was going to do that one until they decided to hold one in my backyard. MOO is popular, but I have alot of friends who liked CDA better. But whatever you choose- make it YOUR choice! And ENJOY the ride!
    Cheers!
    Denise

Denise -

Thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to both the Vineman Half and the NYCM.

I've been through Phoenix in the middle of the day in July and almost passed out from the heat. I can't imagine running in that weather.

I'll see you in NY.

Victoria