Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

We're not going to do it. I need to start riding the TT route. And we're spending so much money going to the different doubles and staying overnight two nights. It gets expensive.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Speaking of the TT

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    We're not going to do it. I need to start riding the TT route. And we're spending so much money going to the different doubles and staying overnight two nights. It gets expensive.

V.

Did the Geysers yesterday in combination with Pine Flat, which I have now decided is the toughest climb in CA. After 8 miles of 8 - 10%, there's a mile of flat and then 2 miles of 15+ with a bonus 1/2 mile of 20+%. I hate 20+%.... We just did not need to go that far up Pine Flat. But you should do the Geysers - it's easy to do a little loop from Cloverdale or Healdsburg and it's a good climb. From the top of Geyser Peak, you can see Lake Sonoma in the distance, so during the TT you would have a stunning reminder of how far you have to go....

When we do Skaggs in May (5/27) you should come with us. We'll be doing 110 miles of the TT route from Lake Sonoma to the coast and Ft. Ross, etc. I'll also have a friend or two there who've done the TT.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

I've got 5/27 on my calendar. I 'm going to try to convince the coach do some SAG for us. Nice to have cold drinks in the middle of a ride.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    I've got 5/27 on my calendar. I 'm going to try to convince the coach do some SAG for us. Nice to have cold drinks in the middle of a ride.

V.
    It'll be great to have him, but we'll have plenty of SAG - no worries!!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Hey, some of my women riding friends are going down for this, and I am thinking of doing this instead of Chico. Checking to see whether active.com will switch registration for events. Wine country sounds good, and Orr Hot Springs is on the way back!!
    The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man. Other forms of transport grow daily more nightmarish. Only the bicycle remains pure in heart. ~Iris Murdoch, The Red and the Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bike Goddess
    Pretty soon we should do a roll call for who's doing what on this ride.

So far:

Sadie Kate and Bubba-- Double Metric
    Veronica and Thom- Double Metric?
    Bike Goddess-Double Metric
    MP-Double Metric??

JoBob and LeeBob- Century
    Cindy Sue- Century?
    RobbinG- Century

KayJay-Metric

VeloGirl????

Anyone else?

I'll be a volunteer, most likely at the merchandise sales so stop by and introduce yourself.

I'm insane. Off the bike for well over a month, I've signed up for the 100k.

snap "dead on the roadside" dragen

Although I signed us up for the century (in a spurt of irrational optimism), Mr. LeeBob and I talked it over and at this point we're more likely to opt for the metric instead.

They'd let us switch, wouldn't they ? Gawd I hope so ...

- jo "survival instinct intact" bob

The cost was the same for the metric and the full century, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Good you and LeeBob can wait for me at Chalk Hill, then bungee me to your bikes........

Quote Originally Posted by jobob
    Although I signed us up for the century (in a spurt of irrational optimism), Mr. LeeBob and I talked it over and at this point we're more likely to opt for the metric instead.

They'd let us switch, wouldn't they ? Gawd I hope so ...

- jo "survival instinct intact" bob

It's a deal !

Oooh... there's a bungee option? Wow! Maybe I could actually do this ride, if not for my schedule!!

More merrier! Hurry Slinkedog- this is a popular ride and it will fill up early! Can you rearrange your schedule per chance?????????

Sorry you won't be with us V, but I totally understand the expense bit. Organized rides are getting very expensive these days if you want to do lots of them! I think it's partially cost of food, registration fees, permit costs, rest stop costs that are partially to blame. (Santa Rosa Club explains this on their site.)
    Nancy

I'm starting to obsess about whether I'm ready for this so I decided to look to see who might be there to share my pain

Checking the Bikejournal site, we have:
    cindysue
    jobob
    live2bike
    maillotpois
    SadieKate
    WrenchBoy (aka Bubba)

From piecing together this conversation,
    Snapdragen
    Kjay
    Bike Goddess
    Mr LeeBob
    Mr. MaillotPois

VIVV (Very Important Venerable Volunteer)

Deanna

Anyone have a course elevation profile? MP has provided the 200k course map and lots of patient words of wisdom. Now, I'm realizing I really don't know how gnarly the climbs at the beginning are. And how early crack of stupid has to be for the drive over. And . . .
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I don't know that I've seen an "official" elevation profile, but I can help you piece together the route using the elevation profiles for the area, found at

http://www.srcc.com/cgi_bin/profiles.pl

The early climbs are (in route order) Graton Rd, Coleman Valley (only if you're doing the 200K), Mays Canyon and Green Valley. The last climb is Chalk Hill, which isn't all that bad, but it is at the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois
    Did the Geysers yesterday in combination with Pine Flat, which I have now decided is the toughest climb in CA. After 8 miles of 8 - 10%, there's a mile of flat and then 2 miles of 15+ with a bonus 1/2 mile of 20+%. I hate 20+%.... We just did not need to go that far up Pine Flat. But you should do the Geysers - it's easy to do a little loop from Cloverdale or Healdsburg and it's a good climb. From the top of Geyser Peak, you can see Lake Sonoma in the distance, so during the TT you would have a stunning reminder of how far you have to go....

When we do Skaggs in May (5/27) you should come with us. We'll be doing 110 miles of the TT route from Lake Sonoma to the coast and Ft. Ross, etc. I'll also have a friend or two there who've done the TT.

I'm in awe of anybody who makes it to the top of Pine Flat. I usually go only to the second pumping station at the end of the flats, and the more standard club route ends at the start of the flats. Levi Leipheimer trains up this climb, and he does repeats!