Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

The race is soooo close. Does anyone think Jan Ulrich can pull off the win?

I think it's a real possibility. His form looks great, and keeps getting better.

Lance's face has looked awful most days of the tour, like he's really suffering. Also, I noticed in the TT that he was sticking out his right knee, and his right foot looked kind of odd... I don't know if it was just my poor eyesight or what. I wonder what's really going on, he's normally such a finely tuned machine that Chris Carmichael always has his exact peak plotted.

Yes, I think you are right, they do have team camaradarie. The training is certainly a "job", esp in the winter, but I'm sure the races are fun for them.

I thought it was very exciting today, Lance is struggling to keep up, he may not do it this year. Jan U. was very very tough.

If you liked to see a lot of pictures, yahoo sports had LOADS of pictures, esp. some very scary pictures of Joseba Beloki. You really really will feel sorry for him, it shows him sobbing into his coaches arms when they scraped him off the road.

we should send him cards and stuff! ; )

There's alot of rumours about Lance and his wife breaking up. Maybe that's wrecked his peak this year. Also personally I think his gotten too skinny.

I thought Lance's form was odd too. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

He is struggling. But the heat - can you imagine doing those hills with 95 degrees and who knows what humidity? Almost made me feel bad about whining during my morning ride...I said almost...I don't get paid to ride like Lance does!

I didn't hear that about his wife. That would really suck, especially after everything he's been through. Did you read "It's Not About The Bike?" I wondered about his attachment to his mommy.

<Meeoooowww!>
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

I read that Lance and the Mrs. had reconciled. Also a lot of the riders including Lance had some sort of intestinal problem or bug early on in the race. They are so fit and so full of red blood cells that there literaly are fewer white blood cells which puts them at risk for any bug that going around.

Suposedly he's better now but who knows, it could have left him dehydrated. It's amazing to watch these super-fast riders and then sudenly it's like all strength leaves their legs in the mountains. I heard this is the hotest Tour in years.

I really don't think lance is gonna make it this year; but that's okay, I mean that's what competition is all about. It can't be the same all the time.

The close up of lance' s face freaked me out. He really looked like he was about to die. It was scary. Good thing they re-hydrated him right away. \

In contrast, Jan ulrich looked fresh as a daisy.

Go Ullrich, Go Ullrich....

I've got a good feeling about Jan. I really think he might pull it off - he just looks so strong.

Although he's had a year out due to various reasons I can't help but think it's done him some good, given his body a break. No matter how carefully you train etc , it must be so hard on the body to put it under the kind of pressure Armstrong does, year in , year out. An enforced year out give the bod a chance to recover properly.

There's been a lot of riders who've had to take years out due to injury and a lot of them have come back stronger than ever.

Plus, I'd love to see baby Maria Ulrich on the podium. She'll only be about 3.5 weeks old and would probably be the youngest offspring to take to the podium.

PS - I've been in France for the last week and L'Equipe, the sports newspaper, has had some amazing full front page pic.s. Fave's include Armstrong charging across the corn field after poor Beloki fell , a smiling Virenque as he took the yellow jersey for the day, and a scary on of Ullirch tearing home in the TT the other day.

what channels is the coverage on? I'm getting 30 second blurbs on the news programs and that's it... but I have limited cable.

Irulan
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Get OLN (outdoor life network) if you have cable or satelite. If you don't, find someone who does and go live there for the next few days ;-)

So sue me, I'm skipping workout tonight gotta see Lance win the stage after taking a fall. I read that Ulrich re-paid Lance the favor he owes by holding the pace just enough that Lance could could get back on the bike.

Such good sportsmanship.

I think OLN also has a website.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Good idea to check the web.

I will get cable on the day that I can select which channels I want to get, and only pay for those. Paying +/- $50 for 70 channles when I will only watch 2 or 3 of them, in my book, ridiculous.

Irulan
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2

No Tv! driving me nuts please keep me updated.

Today was fantastic!

Sorry for you guys without coverage, but its just been a brilliant stage to watch.

I watched it live and Armstrong is just amazing. The way he pulled away from Ullrich and Mayo just showed his strength. He's only just got over a minute on Ullrich, so it's going to be interesting going into the time trial.

I think it was mainly Tyler Hamilton who slowed the stage down. He got to the front of the group and waved his arm to slow them down.

Rest Day tomorrow - what on earth am I going to watch on TV? I think I'll definitely be out for a ride.

Cheers
    Victoria
    Stockton-on-Tees, UK to Brisbane, Australia - It's the Big Trip - www.bigtrip.blogspot.com

Originally posted by waterlilli
    No Tv! driving me nuts please keep me updated.
    the OLN online option gives you daily video clips and so on.. not a bad option and a good way to get the fix

Irulan
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2